• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:59] ***If reading only one article this year...

Re: If reading only one article this year...

Paris not burning. Paris enduring Gilet Jaune protests against poverty, sparked by a carbon tax, that has nothing to do with religion or ethnicity.

Your post = hatred, prejudice, ignorance.

Well at least you know I used an actual picture from Paris now. Your paranoid delusions assuaged.

Paris not burning. Paris enduring Gilet Jaune protests against poverty, sparked by a carbon tax, that has nothing to do with religion or ethnicity.

Your post = hatred, prejudice, ignorance.

Really? Protestors didn't accuse Macron of working with 'the globalist, international bankers'? You know what the small hats would say about that, don't you?

Paris.

Paris.

And Paris is of course the only place in the world to have known unrest? You have of course, never had protests or riots in the US, ever. And of course you don't suffer uncontrolled gun violence do you? :roll:

Yes, and you were skeptical.

I never claimed you weren't posting pictures of Paris. You are lying. We're used to that.

Really? Protestors didn't accuse Macron of working with 'the globalist, international bankers'? You know what the small hats would say about that, don't you?

Do you know anything about the Gilet Jaune movement? It is largely an anti-capitalist, anti-poverty movement. It is however, losing momentum and is being countered this weekend by a Foulard Rouge protest of people who support government policy. There are two sides to every story, and yes, we have freedom of expression and the right to protest in France. Quite why your panties are in a bunch is a mystery.

'Destroy yourselves as penance for what now-dead people did 80 years ago'. To quote one of my favorite preachers, 'God help the fool who falls for this trash'.
to quote (not necessarily one of my favourite) writers

"........................Although the world stood up and stopped the bastard,
The bitch that bore him is in heat again".

Moderator's Warning:
The Israel/Palestine conflict can only be discussed in the I/P forum.
All discussions specific to the Israel and Palestine conflict are to be housed in the Middle East forum. Violation of these placement rules incur penalties.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

To all: Do not discuss this link.

Where are you from? I'd assumed you were British, in which case you've no doubt read about 7/7, the Manchester Arena bombing, the murder of Lee Rigby, the London Bridge Attack, the Pakistani sex gangs which prey upon children, the high incidence of cousin marriages, etc, etc. All of this makes you 'stronger', to paraphrase a ridiculous slogan of the left.

I also heard about the Dortmund soccer bus bombing. And I'm beginning to have my doubts.

I also heard about the Dortmund soccer bus bombing. And I'm beginning to have my doubts.

You offer 1 instance of terrorism which produced 0 casualties as a reply.

And Paris is of course the only place in the world to have known unrest? You have of course, never had protests or riots in the US, ever. And of course you don't suffer uncontrolled gun violence do you? :roll:

I never claimed you weren't posting pictures of Paris. You are lying. We're used to that.

We've never had anything close to Gilets Jaunes, without producing a war or revolution. The 1992 LA Riots were intense, but mostly localized to the 'no go zone' part of LA. Are you participating in the protests?

The "**** it, Mueller is taking too long and I am out of patience, Let's move against this AssHole now" school is growing rapidly.

Oddly that is what Russian trolls have been saying. Must be a coincidence no?

to quote (not necessarily one of my favourite) writers

"........................Although the world stood up and stopped the bastard,
The bitch that bore him is in heat again".

Did he have anything to say about the failures of his own ideology in the 20th century?

Oddly that is what Russian trolls have been saying. Must be a coincidence no?

Maybe you did not correctly decode the message, I dont know what Russian Trolls say because I dont know any and dont care too, and I dont know you and am certainly not willing to take your word when you turn up as hostile as this.

Do you know anything about the Gilet Jaune movement? It is largely an anti-capitalist, anti-poverty movement. It is however, losing momentum and is being countered this weekend by a Foulard Rouge protest of people who support government policy. There are two sides to every story, and yes, we have freedom of expression and the right to protest in France. Quite why your panties are in a bunch is a mystery.

I'm just curious why France appears so fractured and unstable to the outside world. Macron was the American media's precious cherub less than 2 years ago, when American liberals pointed to him as an example of a President they wished they'd had instead of Trump.

Did he have anything to say about the failures of his own ideology in the 20th century?
Yes.

But in the context addressed he was describing scum.

I'm just curious why France appears so fractured and unstable to the outside world. Macron was the American media's precious cherub less than 2 years ago, when American liberals pointed to him as an example of a President they wished they'd had instead of Trump.

Yeah, and suddenly bullies popped up out of nowhere to smash all of Pari'. Gee, I wonder who could've engineered that? Now that he has sleeper assets all over the Western world anyway. And didn't get Le Pen as his next puppet in the Elysée Palace. Now that Merkel is retiring and somebody specific is taking her mantle as the European voice of decency, this blasted EU project already pissing him off. You're right, it is strange, the timing of all this.

We've never had anything close to Gilets Jaunes, without producing a war or revolution. The 1992 LA Riots were intense, but mostly localized to the 'no go zone' part of LA. Are you participating in the protests?

No I'm not participating.

So you have no go zones. Interesting.

Capitalism is failing the poor everywhere. Bad government is failing the poor everywhere. Brexit in the UK. Gilets Jaunes in France. Government shutdown in the US. They are all symptoms of a system in crisis, most places. Macron is the fall guy for years of disconnect with ordinary people on the part of the political élites (at its worst under Chirac and Sarkozy). His carbon tax was the one measure that tipped the scales - this isn't all about Macron.

Yeah, and suddenly bullies popped up out of nowhere to smash all of Pari'. Gee, I wonder who could've engineered that? Now that he has sleeper assets all over the Western world anyway. And didn't get Le Pen as his next puppet in the Elysée Palace. Now that Merkel is retiring and somebody specific is taking her mantle as the European voice of decency, this blasted EU project already pissing him off. You're right, it is strange, the timing of all this.

Ah, Putin again. Well, rest assured, if Putin wanted a weakened France, he'd lend his support to a corrupt puppet of central bankers who would neglect the 99% while doing favors for the 1%. France would then experience strong dissatisfaction with the puppet prince, and take to the streets to get the government's attention. Putin's next move in weakening France would be to back a left wing candidate for President in the next election, who will promise the 99% everything under the sun, while forgetting that France is overburdened with too much financial baggage as it is. The next President will raise taxes on the rich to pay for the ever sprawling poor population, which will scare away business, causing massive layoffs, more poverty, and even more riots. THAT is what Putin would want if he were really the omnipotent figure you've dreamed up.

Capitalism is failing the poor everywhere.

Which political ideology doesn't 'fail the poor'? They all do, AFAIK. The Communists in Russia gained enough support to effect revolution based on the idea of evening the scales, and millions starved to death as a result.

Bad government is failing the poor everywhere.

As it always has, and always will. The poor in my country and yours do not suffer the way that the poor in our countries did at one time. No one is starving in France. No one is dying from plague in France. I think some political ideologies are so focused on the poor, that they might disappear if poverty were ever solved. Those same ideologies have a vested interest in adding to the number of poor people, so they'll join the political party dedicated to the poor. It's a mindless circle which keeps repeating.

Brexit in the UK. Gilets Jaunes in France. Government shutdown in the US. They are all symptoms of a system in crisis, most places.

Brexit & the government shutdown haven't motivated people to riot for months on end. Something else is occurring in France, or maybe you guys just like rioting :lol:

Macron is the fall guy for years of disconnect with ordinary people on the part of the political élites (at its worst under Chirac and Sarkozy). His carbon tax was the one measure that tipped the scales - this isn't all about Macron.

It's about a missed opportunity, imo. Would Le Pen have gone along with the tax on gasoline? Would she have been a fruity poof spending $30,000 per month on makeup? I doubt it. She's more of a man than Macron is, which should excite your feminist background to no end.

Ah, Putin again. Well, rest assured, if Putin wanted a weakened France, he'd lend his support to a corrupt puppet of central bankers who would neglect the 99% while doing favors for the 1%. France would then experience strong dissatisfaction with the puppet prince, and take to the streets to get the government's attention. Putin's next move in weakening France would be to back a left wing candidate for President in the next election, who will promise the 99% everything under the sun, while forgetting that France is overburdened with too much financial baggage as it is. The next President will raise taxes on the rich to pay for the ever sprawling poor population, which will scare away business, causing massive layoffs, more poverty, and even more riots. THAT is what Putin would want if he were really the omnipotent figure you've dreamed up.

Don't think we can't recognize deflecting, Ivan. Of course Putin would want his next puppet to be Marine Le Pen. You expect us to think it's a coincidence, that Le Pen is grotesquely Putin-apologetic? A French fascist leader suddenly defending the psychopath in the Kremlin? She has even renamed her fascist party National Union. Some of us can do the math.

This is how Putin works. He even lined up kompromat'ed Boris Johnson to conquer No. 10 after Brexit. And I'm so sorry, that that was tanked by the evil Western leaders. Now that Putin's big mission hasn't been completed yet.

Back
Top Bottom