• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W#4255)The trial of Kyle Rittenhouse for the intentional first degree homicide of 2, injuring of 1

My expectations? My expectation is that there will not be any rioting. That being said, I've been let down before.

If your expectation is that there won't be rioting then it's a funny thing to say, "God willing, there will be no rioting because of this." Most people don't hope that something they have no expectation will happen won't happen. I don't expect the sun to rise in the West and set in the East, and you don't see me saying, "God willing, the sun won't rise and set in the wrong horizons tomorrow."

God willing, there will be no rioting because of this.

For all involved, this should be a time of reflection and contemplation regarding what was done and why it was done. Now, more than ever, we need to seek understanding and peace for it is in peace and understanding that justice exists. Without peace and understanding there is no justice but only retribution and despair.
So when there's no rioting, what will you think about your expectations?
My expectations? My expectation is that there will not be any rioting. That being said, I've been let down before.

I sure hope my neighbor's petunias don't attack me.

If you're on Team Rittenhouse or Team Rosenbaum then you're hopelessly partisan and have refused to consider the errors on "your side," and that you see this as a right versus left issue.

That seems to be projection. ASHEs is recognized as a pretty fair minded poster, someone I disagreed with on two other trials. On this one we agreed because the evidence for guilty was almost non existent.

I wasn't for on the side of not guilty because Rittenhouse carried a gun or wasted dubious street characters, I was on the side of a defendant who was clearly non guilty under the law.

On the other hand, I can't easily determine it the defendants in the Arbery shooting are guilty or not because it turns on points of a law that is very old, and very unclear.

This is almost certainly a state-by-state thing, but jury nullification is not condoned in courtrooms, which is not to say that jury nullification can't happen anyway. But if you're on a jury and want to do jury nullification yourself, you probably shouldn't stand up and say, "I do hereby find the defendant not guilty by rite of jury nullification!"
But it is a legal reality, the jury has the right to judge the law!

If you're on Team Rittenhouse or Team Rosenbaum then you're hopelessly partisan and have refused to consider the errors on "your side," and that you see this as a right versus left issue.
This isn't a Twighlight debate. There's two sides here and the difference is whether or not people can put their personal politics and beliefs aside to support justice. Unfortunately, a lot of people wanted Rittenhouse convicted without having the evidence to support it.

Now that is a post I did not expect to see

Good on you
I have always said it. I trust the justice system. I trust our elections, I am a rational American.

This isn't a Twighlight debate. There's two sides here and the difference is whether or not people can put their personal politics and beliefs aside to support justice. Unfortunately, a lot of people wanted Rittenhouse convicted without having the evidence to support it.
There are two extremes here: People who believe that Rittenhouse should have gone to prison for murder one, and people who need to have a pair of jumper cables attached to their nuts in order to admit that letting a 17 year old go to another city in another state with rioting going on and walk the streets with an ar-15 is bad judgment.

God willing, there will be no rioting because of this. For all involved, this should be a time of reflection and contemplation regarding what was done and why it was done. Now, more than ever, we need to seek understanding and peace for it is in peace and understanding that justice exists. Without peace and understanding there is no justice but only retribution and despair.
That certainly is my prayer. We will learn soon enough which way it goes after it gets dark.

F2A22871-BA3E-41EE-8893-EB1E480E67B0.jpeg

That is what it seems like. Hopefully the media will not fan the flames anymore. I’m not holding my breath, though.

Yep, procecuters should of never brought up charges because of politics. The jury just confirmed this. Might have to celebrate and buy my first AR-15. Just kidding.

I have always said it. I trust the justice system. I trust our elections, I am a rational American.

I'm sure glad to hear that no one has ever been wrongly convicted of a crime in America. :rolleyes:

This is almost certainly a state-by-state thing, but jury nullification is not condoned in courtrooms, which is not to say that jury nullification can't happen anyway. But if you're on a jury and want to do jury nullification yourself, you probably shouldn't stand up and say, "I do hereby find the defendant not guilty by rite of jury nullification!"
No the Supreme Court ruled on jury nullification back in the early 1900’s

I have a question. Did Rittenhouse have any association with the Proud Boys before the murders?

I wonder if the bets will be honored and those that lost will be donating or just crickets and tumbleweeds?

View attachment 67361855

That is what it seems like. Hopefully the media will not fan the flames anymore. I’m not holding my breath, though.

The media is beyond saving. I recall (in 2009) when Bill Kristol, a conservative commentator, was fired by the NYT. HIs "sin" was that he was too boring, that he lacked "solidity", that he occasionally got trivial facts wrong.

I also recall when Juan Williams, long-time liberal and civil rights activist, was fire from PBS. His "sin" first being reported that he made a candid admission on O'Reily that when he (Juan) sees people in Muslim garb at the airport, he does get worried and nervous.

Of course, when you don't push the correct narrative in the MSM, you are on borrowed time and skating on thin ice.

Now we turn around and get this MSM journalist's rant of trash, filled with enough factual errors and racist memes to fill every burnt out dumpster in Kenosha.

When the sewage or journalisms hypocrisy gets chin deep, the MSM never gets why Americans don't trust em, and usually hate them.

None found. Nor any found subsequent to his visit to the bar where he ran into these reputed members.
C'mon do you really think he just ran into them there, and just happened to be wearing the "Free as ****" shirt? Now don't lose your shit. I am in no way saying he is a white supremacist or anything like that, but I don't buy that.

Back
Top Bottom