• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

Yes I would but that response did not answer the question I posed to you specifically.

Need is not relevant when dealing with constitutional rights. I personally see no use in a 100 round magazine for many reasons. But the people who whine about 100 round magazines believe that the government should have the power to limit honest Americans to 5-7-10 rounds. If civilian police have 30 round magazines for self defense-so should other civilians

Last time I checked driving was not a constitutionally protected right. Are you required to register with government and obtain a license before posting online? Do you think there should be a government registry of everyone's religious beliefs? Or maybe a government issued license in order to associate with more then two people? If you don't want to infringe on those constitutionally protected rights, then why would you chose to infringe on the Second Amendment? Or is this just another example of idiotic leftist hypocrisy?
What your saying is true but in the practicle sense no right is absolute. Do you believe restricting a convicted violent criminal from possessing a gun to be an infringement on the 2A?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Need is not relevant when dealing with constitutional rights. I personally see no use in a 100 round magazine for many reasons. But the people who whine about 100 round magazines believe that the government should have the power to limit honest Americans to 5-7-10 rounds. If civilian police have 30 round magazines for self defense-so should other civilians

That is a bs comparison. Civilians are not the police. Why limit it at the police? Why not if the armed forces have nukes we the citizens should too.

• to have the Federal Elections Commission (FECT) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) investigate the NRA.

:rofl:giggling:

Leave it to Leftists to turn "common sense gun laws" into a witch hunt.

If you can't silence your opponents with good arguments, you can always go after their bank accounts.

That is a bs comparison. Civilians are not the police. Why limit it at the police? Why not if the armed forces have nukes we the citizens should too.

Speaking of BS. Civilians and police both do not use weapons for primarily offensive purposes, and if it ever becomes relevant, individual militia member would not be toting artillery or nukes.

Sure, anyone can argue against a reductio ad absurdem, or instead you can argue against the positions people are taking.

That would encourage stealing.

Right!!! Because currently stealing firearms is not a problem. Come on man at least try to put some thought into your replies for once.

If the prices are comparable to what a person can get with a private sale it would be a good alternative to meeting a stranger who may or may not be legally allowed to own firearms. It would take firearms out of circulation reducing the chances of them ending up in criminals hands. It would allow people who are looking to get ride of unwanted firearms a safe way to do so. Adding in a tough penalty for turning in a firearm that has been reported stolen would help discourage any fraudulent sales. Having a waiting period before destroying them allows anyone who had their gun stolen a better chance for recovering it. As long as it’s voluntary it’s the one idea that doesn’t run afoul of the 2nd.

Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

The Republican proposal......

tumblr_pwhwfd4BpD1r55d2io1_640.png

Actually, most republicans are smart enough to know that 16 mass shootings at schools in 37 years with 360 THOUSAND schools in the US does not constitute an ‘epidemic’ and only the most vapid empty headed idiots on the planet would see it as such. Idiot leftists have promoted the anti gun lie to so many like minded empty headed leftist ****wits that they literally believe that no child in this country is safe.

Similarly...sadly...we see that there is a fairly large and ever increasing number of mental midgets that are eager to join the crippled dependent kneeling subjects from the UK that rushed to sacrifice their gun rights in a pathetic impotent and worthless gesture that has only seen an INCREASE in violent crime, an increase in stabbing deaths, and their people thrown in jail for making comments that others might find ‘offensive’.

Yeah...what kind of a ****ing moron would do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Right!!! Because currently stealing firearms is not a problem. Come on man at least try to put some thought into your replies for once.

If the prices are comparable to what a person can get with a private sale it would be a good alternative to meeting a stranger who may or may not be legally allowed to own firearms. It would take firearms out of circulation reducing the chances of them ending up in criminals hands. It would allow people who are looking to get ride of unwanted firearms a safe way to do so. Adding in a tough penalty for turning in a firearm that has been reported stolen would help discourage any fraudulent sales. Having a waiting period before destroying them allows anyone who had their gun stolen a better chance for recovering it. As long as it’s voluntary it’s the one idea that doesn’t run afoul of the 2nd.

Why wouldnt people report their property being stolen? Decent guns are expensive. They can be covered in home insurance but not if you dont report it.

Why do you imply that gun owners are just fine with our expensive property being stolen and that we should be punished for it?

Edit: maybe I misunderstood what I bolded...but if there's a tough penalty for turning in a stolen gun...wouldnt people then *just not turn it in?*

Turtle, it's not about making shooting safer, it's about making the public safer. Tell me a good reason someone needs a magazine that holds fifty rounds or a hundred. As far as I'm concerned, those magazines are meant for nothing other than to kill people. Do deer hunters need fifty round magazines? Target shooters? Bear hunters, elk, moose?

Altho I agree it's not a common scenerio, home invasions/robberies of heavily armed crimimals do happen. Shouldnt citizens have the right to comparable weapons to defend themselves, rather than be restricted to a disadvantage by the govt? We're talking about the lives of families here.

While the incidence may about the same as home fires...dont we consider smoke alarms and fire extinguishers responsible? Who is better able to assess risks to their families? Strangers? The govt? Why? They arent the ones that will suffer the consequences.

I suggest the gun advocates come up with some solutions to reduce the damage from these mass shootings while they can. If they indeed choose to just say no, at some point as these mass shootings continue, the choice will be taken from them. Act while you can, give a good faith effort.

Here in TX, we've enacted a school safety program and are now seeking to close loopholes in already existing gun laws.

It would be one less place for target practice. [gun-free zones]

It's a great idea. Now we just cancel all concerts and close all colleges and you have a plan!

A bunch of people that are hoping to become famous nationwide from their yelling are not "bending the knee". Wow that is so brave of them.

How dare they present a plan to reduce getting shot in math class!!!

You still didn't how it wouldn't encourage stealing.

Imo it offers you the solution you want in an efficent manner but it does so without creating a data base of who has guns. The database is limited to who is or isnt allowed to have them. I think thats something both sides might be able to live with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I understand fears of a database. I dont trust the government either. But we need to start closing these loopholes. Present that ID to buy ammo to and you have a very reasonable start

Last time I checked driving was not a constitutionally protected right. Are you required to register with government and obtain a license before posting online? Do you think there should be a government registry of everyone's religious beliefs? Or maybe a government issued license in order to associate with more then two people? If you don't want to infringe on those constitutionally protected rights, then why would you chose to infringe on the Second Amendment? Or is this just another example of idiotic leftist hypocrisy?

There is a government registry of your political party

Folks on both sides of the debate do use tragedies to push their agendas. It's repulsive. Let's not pretend your side is immune from it. There were threads here after Parkland where you actually had posters bragging that donations to NRA had tripled after the Parkland shooting and that there had been a surge in memberships.

If the anti-gunners would stop trying to ban guns, we wouldn't have to comtinually point out how gun ownership prevents violent crimes.

If the anti-gunners would stop trying to ban guns, we wouldn't have to comtinually point out how gun ownership prevents violent crimes.

If the pro gun side would close some loopholes we could reduce some deaths

It's a great idea. Now we just cancel all concerts and close all colleges and you have a plan!

And close restaurants, bars, grocers, malls, liquor stores, churches, etc. Sounds absurd doesn't it?

And close restaurants, bars, grocers, malls, liquor stores, churches, etc. Sounds absurd doesn't it?

I wonder how other countries who have had mass shootings deal with this problem?

Hmmmmmm

TX is doing that right now. [loopholes in existing gun laws]

Good for Texas. I mean that. That is just great.

Of course people on here call you a bannerhoid for supporting that

Back
Top Bottom