• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

Hmm so you contend then that every medical provider who wears a mask..and who pleads for you to wear a mask is doing so on because of politics? Please explain
They don't prevent infectious diseases from spreading. What other reason would there be?

you think he's trying to be wrong?
Aside from him maintaining a 100% fail rate he also tends to debunk himself.
Do you think someone can achieve such levels of "perfection" by accident?

Who said that?

I don't care what you were told by "liberals" (AKA people disagreeing with you). I can only speak for myself.

That being said, I do believe refusing to follow medical recommendations in the middle of a pandemic smacks of sociopath behavior. It does show a lack of caring. It puts your "rights" above your responsibilities. I though we were Americans and would do everything possible to help spread the disease among our fellow Americans. I was wrong I guess.
Medical advice that has been proven to be 100% wrong based just on Texas, Florida Douth Dakota and Arizona.

I have been saying this for over a year. Plenty of examples here at DP

Mask don’t work

——-

Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19​

The first ecological study of state mask mandates and their use to include data from the winter case spike has found that widespread mask-wearing likely didn’t slow the spread of COVID-19.

The study, conducted by the University of Louisville using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, found that “80% of US states mandated masks during the COVID-19 pandemic,” but while “mandates induced greater mask compliance, [they] did not predict lower growth rates when community spread was low (minima) or high (maxima).” The study also found that “mask mandates and use are not associated with lower SARS-CoV-2 spread among US states.”

Taiwan.

Depends on the expert not all experts agree so I'm not interested in what team you're rooting for.

Not all experts agree on almost anything... There is always that 1% who haven't seen the ball since kickoff.

And you glom on to that 1%. Don't you?

Probably not

Not all experts agree on almost anything... There is always that 1% who haven't seen the ball since kickoff.

And you glom on to that 1%. Don't you?
I'm not sure the percentage of the divergence. Where did you get your information from or did you just make it up?

Depends on the expert not all experts agree so I'm not interested in what team you're rooting for.
These people don't realize that they are expert shopping, which is easy in America's new totalitarian society run by the internet and MSM Oligarths that don't allow any competing experts to see the light of day.

I'm not sure the percentage of the divergence. Where did you get your information from or did you just make it up?
If they only watch the mainstream news and converse on FB or Twitter, it's like being in Communist China. They are fed only State-run news that the people in power want them to see and hear.

Seriously dont feed the trolls.
Quag could never come close to matching me in any topic and now he has me on ignore and snipes from the bleachers. I can't blame him for giving up, though.

These people don't realize that they are expert shopping, which is easy in America's new totalitarian society run by the internet and MSM Oligarths that don't allow any competing experts to see the light of day.
Yep people find experts to say what they want to hear and then they only listen to that and don't accept anything else it's religion with a different name that's all.

Welcome back! ... or at least I have not seen you post in a long time.

Yep people find experts to say what they want to hear and then they only listen to that and don't accept anything else it's religion with a different name that's all.
I read a study once that contradicts your statement here...

I simply rounded up.
From nonsense. You have to start with reality.
So, what percentage do YOU believe are of the opinion that masks don't work. A rough estimate will do.
You're the one claiming a percentage. Support your claim, or you were just another religious zealot

What is the difference between being symptomatic and being asymptomatic as far as what leaves your mouth and nose?
Couple of things...if you’re asymptomatic your viral load is low which makes you a low infection risk. I think they studied one asymptomatic person who was in close proximity to hundreds of people...none of them got the virus. Also mask wearing merely stops large water droplets which tend to land on the floor...the airborne virus is on the water vapour that easily goes through most masks.

Couple of things...if you’re asymptomatic your viral load is low which makes you a low infection risk. I think they studied one asymptomatic person who was in close proximity to hundreds of people...none of them got the virus. Also mask wearing merely stops large water droplets which tend to land on the floor...the airborne virus is on the water vapour that easily goes through most masks.
Let us not forget wearing a filthy strip of extremely porous paper over your face that also doesn't seal against your face doesn't stop water droplets.

Welcome back! ... or at least I have not seen you post in a long time.
Havent gone away I just dont waste any effort in replying to our resident troll
Turns out he gets his kicks from having me make him cry like a baby

Let us not forget wearing a filthy strip of extremely porous paper over your face that also doesn't seal against your face doesn't stop water droplets.
And in the U.K. alone 50,000,000 a day are discarded...they are not recyclable.

Back
Top Bottom