• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

Just including the excerpt for the DOCTOR in my link above for jaeger. What I have been saying all along. I am NEVER wrong, jaeger.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, I’ve read hundreds of studies on the science of medical masks. Based on extensive review and analysis, there is no question in my mind that healthy people should not be wearing surgical or cloth masks. Nor should we be recommending universal masking of all members of the population. That recommendation is not supported by the highest level of scientific evidence.

First, let’s be clear. The premise that surgeons wearing masks serves as evidence that “masks must work to prevent viral transmission” is a logical fallacy that I would classify as an argument of false equivalence, or comparing “apples to oranges.”

Although surgeons do wear masks to prevent their respiratory droplets from contaminating the surgical field and the exposed internal tissues of our surgical patients, that is about as far as the analogy extends. Obviously, surgeons cannot “socially distance” from their surgical patients (unless we use robotic surgical devices, in which case, I would definitely not wear a mask).
Talking to these covidmorons is like talking to the wall. You are wasting your time. All of the evidence WE have reviewed to make our highly informed decision to NOT wear a mask is simply not understandable to them. They simply are not capable of using thier brains always opting for feelings and gestures. They are virtue signaling that they care. It helps them to say hey look we are better than those maskless evil people. Science doesn't matter.

One claims to be a doctor yet doesn't know this lol.

I have a dentist friend. He became an infectious disease expert after he developed a tremor in his hands which ended his dentist practice. He also says masks don't work for viruses.

Libertarian doesn't mean rejecting science and medical opinion.

Do tiny scraps of cloth scare you?
I think that it should be pointed out that there is no proof that asymptomatic people can spread this virus...therefore it's pretty pointless for people without symptoms to wear masks.

I followed the mandates and have had the vaccine! How am I irresponsible?

I'm spewing mask facts BTW. From Fauci explaining how they don't work to the CDC's own figures claiming a 60 percent chance of getting sick anyway.

Perhaps it's the suckers who drank the kool-aid over masks who have the problem. They rabidly push the use of a tool that works only 40 percent of the time IN ITS BEST CONFIGURATION........THE M95! And then you must factor in the problems masks cause......constant hands to the face, false sense of security causing folks to feel its ok to go more often into dangerous situations, and the reuse of masks building viral load. Ever thinks it's you?
Yeah, whatever. The proof is in the pudding. Every time trump held one of his superspreader events, like the one in the Rose Garden that infected members of congress and others.. all because trumpists spewed anti-science rhetoric - like you and ridiculed folks who social distanced and wore masks.

Sorry, dude.. you're wrong.

Libertarian doesn't mean rejecting science and medical opinion.

Do tiny scraps of cloth scare you?
Libertarians are against give ty control. You my friend ain’t one.
Whales and mice are both mammals.
Each flu season is different and some are more deadly, amirite? Do we freak out and shut down America?

Each flu season is different and some are more deadly, amirite? Do we freak out and shut down America?
this from the same guy that preached and preached and preached that the main metric was excess deaths. he's been wrong about just about everything related to COVID. do not listen to him...

covid-19-death-toll-promo-1610661161402-superJumbo-v11.png

For the curious, here are the top 10 states for covid infections. Please note that only one is a Dem state. I have family and friends who live in Rhode Island, luckily so far none of them have been infected.

North Dakota — 14,461 cases per 100,000 population, 36.9% at least one vaccination

Rhode Island — 14,347.5 per 100,000, 52.8%

South Dakota — 14,046 per 100,000, 42.9%

Utah — 12,715 per 100,000, 33%

Tennessee — 12,649 per 100,000, 32.2%

Arizona — 12,142.5 per 100,000, 36.8%

Iowa — 11,791 per 100,000, 44.6%

Wisconsin — 11,596 per 100,000, 45.4%
The state has a Democratic governor but a Republican-controlled legislature

Nebraska — 11,557 per 100,000, 43%

Oklahoma — 11,462 per 100,000, 34.1%

Data from Washington Post - no subscription required for the covid pages
Infections are a good thing. Means they have immunity.

I think that it should be pointed out that there is no proof that asymptomatic people can spread this virus...therefore it's pretty pointless for people without symptoms to wear masks.
They make stuff up to keep the fear going. How else can MSM keep people tuning in to sell advertising. Why, if this thing was reported as it really is a strong virus affecting MAINLY the elderly, how could they sell vaccines at $20.00 a pop.

Ever watch the news and read ... anything? Conservatives refuse to wear masks. They constantly belittle them. This is not a profound mystery.
It's because of masks don't do anything except for indicate your political allegiance

What is the difference between being symptomatic and being asymptomatic as far as what leaves your mouth and nose?

You and the flu. Yep..each flu season is different..and we now don't shut down America because of the flu.
We USED to shut down America for the dangerous influenza like the Spanish flu.
However now influenzas are well known. We have effective treatments to deal with them and we have vaccinations that offer protection.
So we haven't had to " freak out" about an influenza for some time.
Covid 19 on the other hand was a new virus and deadlier than the flu...particularly when you consider how advanced our medical system is compared to decades past.
However..now that we have better treatments and a vaccine...if we can get enough people vaccinated against covid so that the virus has no where to go and replicate or mutate...covid will become a memory for most people.
Of course this depends on vaccination..the more people refuse to b e vaccine..morons say the young don't need it and other foolishness..the longer we will have to deal with covid.
That's why you need to stop..you are literally prolonging the thing you want to stop. Your ignorance is astounding.

It's because of masks don't do anything except for indicate your political allegiance
Hmm so you contend then that every medical provider who wears a mask..and who pleads for you to wear a mask is doing so on because of politics? Please explain

You and the flu. Yep..each flu season is different..and we now don't shut down America because of the flu.
We USED to shut down America for the dangerous influenza like the Spanish flu.
However now influenzas are well known. We have effective treatments to deal with them and we have vaccinations that offer protection.
So we haven't had to " freak out" about an influenza for some time.
Covid 19 on the other hand was a new virus and deadlier than the flu...particularly when you consider how advanced our medical system is compared to decades past.
However..now that we have better treatments and a vaccine...if we can get enough people vaccinated against covid so that the virus has no where to go and replicate or mutate...covid will become a memory for most people.
Of course this depends on vaccination..the more people refuse to b e vaccine..morons say the young don't need it and other foolishness..the longer we will have to deal with covid.
That's why you need to stop..you are literally prolonging the thing you want to stop. Your ignorance is astounding.
Very funny the lockdowns and mask-wearing didn't do diddly.

Oh, WAIT! It did keep people in fear. It did cause the Democrats to win because they used the fabricated crisis to get phony mail-in votes. It did pay back Pfizer and Big Pharm for all those donations to the CDC and politicians. My bad.

Tell that to the families of the 600000 people that died from covid
The vast majority of them had one or more existing health issues and the masks and lockdowns made it worse. ZERO evidence that locking down people who are not sick and making them wear masks does a thing Are you suggesting or asserting that all those who had Covid and survived and there are many are worse off? I submit they are the lucky ones. Let's stay on track and talk about infections and the value of having survived Covid, shall we?

So the 30 to 60 thousand lives you will save if you remain masked up are suddenly not a concern?

Who said that?

No masks, mandate or not, will kill innocent americans. I was told by the liberals on this board that I was an uncaring selfish trumpist for not volunteering to wear a mask. Naturally this amazing virtue being displayed by those life loving, life saving, unselfish liberals should obviously extend to any massive loss of life that a mask could easily prevent. A simple piece of cloth!

I don't care what you were told by "liberals" (AKA people disagreeing with you). I can only speak for myself.

That being said, I do believe refusing to follow medical recommendations in the middle of a pandemic smacks of sociopath behavior. It does show a lack of caring. It puts your "rights" above your responsibilities. I though we were Americans and would do everything possible to help spread the disease among our fellow Americans. I was wrong I guess.

Back
Top Bottom