• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:236] Name them and shame them or let them do their jobs?

OK, good information that I was not aware of. Perhaps McConnell did accrue quite a few votes, even a majority. I will concede that point.

That said we cannot ignore the affidavits alleging fraud and cover-ups in the Kentucky election including a couple of recent facts I just learned:
- 26,000 dead people voting... and 97% of those ballots being for Trump
- 78,000 voters under the age of 18, almost all from heavily rural areas

These numbers just can't be ignored without a proper investigation.

I saw firsthand how Bevin lost Kentucky by ballbusting leftist Andy beshear.
Jerome Corsi had on a person { Expert } explain how it happened in 2018.
How votes were changed in lighting speed for Beshear and how Bevin
lost votes.In Real time.Same thing happened this election.CNN was caught
putting up vote tallys as quickly as they came in.But CNN was not questioning
the previous vote tally.One Minute Beshear is up by thousands and Bevin is down almost
the same number.That is how it was done.By Votes being electronically sent to election
services in Barcelona and Frankfort,Germany.Then instantaneously reported and put up
on Cable Outlets like CNN.However CNN never questioned how someone like Bevin
could be down a few Thousand votes from previous reporting and Beshear up by
thousands.An election expert video'd CNN's reporting or Vote Tallies.
CNN managed to erase any video that showcased that glitch.So it couldn't be played
back in Real Time.Unless someone recorded it themselves.

Regarding Climate change, I disagree with the idea that everyone just has to do a little bit, change their lives some, to address it.
Probably won't hurt to be more "green", but individuals doing that will not be enough. It will take legislation that changes things more fundamentally than that to really address it.

Things like requiring that plastics be used in a less disposable manner, that the plastic which is used is more easily recycled.

Doubt that will happen anytime soon though.

We were also told { Instructed } how Hurricanes would be a yearly event.
Like Big Time.Then we went almost 7 years w/o a major Hurricane after Katrina.
Yes,there are ways to make sure Americans don't spew garbage around.
Like a tearful American Native seeing the side of a road with garbage strewn about.
That was in the 60's.Or Smokey the bear commercials maintaining ...
Only You can Prevent Forest Fires. Which were handled far better in the 50's
and 60's.Where guys like writer Jack Kerouac spent a couple months every few years
as a Forest Lookout.I think Gonzo Journalist Hunter Thompson did likewise.
Democrats are all talk.They Fix nothing.They create problems.

We were also told { Instructed } how Hurricanes would be a yearly event.
Like Big Time.Then we went almost 7 years w/o a major Hurricane after Katrina.
Yes,there are ways to make sure Americans don't spew garbage around.
Like a tearful American Native seeing the side of a road with garbage strewn about.
That was in the 60's.Or Smokey the bear commercials maintaining ...
Only You can Prevent Forest Fires. Which were handled far better in the 50's
and 60's.Where guys like writer Jack Kerouac spent a couple months every few years
as a Forest Lookout.I think Gonzo Journalist Hunter Thompson did likewise.
Democrats are all talk.They Fix nothing.They create problems.
This is the realty you believe.
Mine is different.

Christ, this is pathetic.

Who agrees? Who disagrees and give your reasons why.

Said by the eleven Republican Senate members,

11 Senate Republicans say they will oppose Electoral College results Wednesday

Eric Swalwell tweeted this morning a scathing rebuke of senate Republicans.

Ironically, Eric Swalwell, of all people, says the above eleven should be named and shamed because they are the enemies of democracy.
Now that's some crazy stuff coming from him of all people. So should we name them and shame them or sit back, let the process unfold, and let them do their jobs?

Eric Swalwell on Twitter: "Name & shame these enemies of democracy: Ted Cruz (TX) Ron Johnson (WI) James Lankford (OK) Steve Daines (MT) John Kennedy (LA) Marsha Blackburn (TN) Mike Braun (IN) Cynthia Lummis (WY) Roger Marshall (KS) Bill Hagerty (TN) Tommy Tuberville (AL)" / Twitter

Once upon a time, the GOP pretended to hold to certain principles.

When it comes to principles, you see, something can be right, or it can be wrong - but it is right or wrong regardless of who is doing it, or who is pointing it out.

These Senators deserve to be shamed for their decision here. If the Cruz-led objectors somehow actually got their way, they’d trample federal law and state sovereignty and blow a hole in the hull of American democracy. That stands alone, regardless of what Swalwell has or hasn't done.

Hey everyone, I just realized we have to stop this whole thing in its tracks and start over. From the beginning I've been concerned about Ted Cruz's role in this, primarily the JFK issue. However I just remembered, didn't President Trump definitely show that Ted Cruz was part of the 2016 Iowa primary election fraud? He orchestrated his first place showing over Donald Trump who was the clear winner. And now, four years later, this same fraudster Ted Cruz wants the power to "investigate" another obvious Trump victory?

Not this time, my good man. Not this time. We cannot let Ted Cruz steal another election from Donald Trump, therefore I can no longer support this Ted Cruz-suggested 10-day investigation.

This is the realty you believe.
Mine is different.

I challenge any poster to prove where I err.I do not cotton lies and
more lies.I do use humor and one can easily tell when I jest or
am serious.

" The chief aim of wisdom is to enable one to bear with the
stupidity of the ignorant. " -- Xystus { 7th bishop of Rome }

Unless and until the info obtained in affidavits is looked into, we have no choice but ...
There is basically NO info in affidavits that hasn't been looked at.

Take that voting booth cleaner as one example. Her claims haven't revealed any misdeeds connected to the election. IF many affidavits (another example) make the same claim they don't all need close examination.

I doubt there are 74M Americans who think Biden's election needs further review.

Once upon a time, the GOP pretended to hold to certain principles.

When it comes to principles, you see, something can be right, or it can be wrong - but it is right or wrong regardless of who is doing it, or who is pointing it out.

These Senators deserve to be shamed for their decision here. If the Cruz-led objectors somehow actually got their way, they’d trample federal law and state sovereignty and blow a hole in the hull of American democracy. That stands alone, regardless of what Swalwell has or hasn't done.
Fifteen years ago the Democrats did what we see happening today. None of what you are predicting (a hole in the hull of American democracy) has occurred. We will survive this as well.

Who agrees? Who disagrees and give your reasons why.

Said by the eleven Republican Senate members,

11 Senate Republicans say they will oppose Electoral College results Wednesday

Eric Swalwell tweeted this morning a scathing rebuke of senate Republicans.

Ironically, Eric Swalwell, of all people, says the above eleven should be named and shamed because they are the enemies of democracy.
Now that's some crazy stuff coming from him of all people. So should we name them and shame them or sit back, let the process unfold, and let them do their jobs?

Eric Swalwell on Twitter: "Name & shame these enemies of democracy: Ted Cruz (TX) Ron Johnson (WI) James Lankford (OK) Steve Daines (MT) John Kennedy (LA) Marsha Blackburn (TN) Mike Braun (IN) Cynthia Lummis (WY) Roger Marshall (KS) Bill Hagerty (TN) Tommy Tuberville (AL)" / Twitter

The process already unfolded. It’s over. You lost. Get over it.

Unless and until the info obtained in affidavits is looked into, we have no choice but to agree to disagree. It will remain a matter of opinion unless investigations end up answering questions, irregularities, and strange election happenings captured on video.

It was looked into. The vast majority of those affidavits were absurd. One was a guy who swore under oath he saw illegal immigrants vote. What he actually saw? Brown people voting. He, literally, assumed they were illegal immigrants because they were speaking Spanish.

So, shove your affidavits.

Fifteen years ago the Democrats did what we see happening today. None of what you are predicting (a hole in the hull of American democracy) has occurred. We will survive this as well.

Barbara Boxer, a single idiot Democratic Senator, did this - and was then shut down by her own party leadership.

A) that is quite a bit different than a large chunk of a party led by a sitting President deciding to chuck aside the Constitution.
B) "Barbara Boxer Did It" is not, actually, a terribly good argument for a Conservative to do something stupid and damaging.
C) "It Didn't Kill The Republic Immediately" is also not, actually, a good defense of something that undermines public trust in our institutions of self-governance and weakens the norms of peaceful transfers of power. Conservatives understand this.

Last edited:
Barbara Boxer, a single idiot Democratic Senator, did this - and was then shut down by her own party leadership.

A) that is quite a bit different than a large chunk of a party led by a sitting President deciding to chuck aside the Constitution.
B) "Barbara Boxer Did It" is not, actually, a terribly good argument for a Conservative to do something stupid and damaging.
C) "It Didn't Kill The Republic Immediately" is also not, actually, a good defense of something that undermines public trust in our institutions of self-governance and weakens the norms of peaceful transfers of power. Conservatives understand this.
A) Size doesn't matter. The principle is the same.
B) I'm not arguing that it's either smart or consequential
C) The whole point of the exercise (according to those making the case) is to instill public trust. Apparently there's a lot of voters (I believe the number is 39%) that believes there was corruption in this cycle. You can dismiss them as being delusional/insane (whatever) but not wanting to hear them out only raises the suspicion amongst them that something's rotten in Denmark.

Finally, most Republicans are Conservatives. Thus your argument fails on that ground.

Time to censure some members of Congress and to impeach Trump

Back
Top Bottom