• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

Photo from yesterdays HIMARs delivery
Another 4 arrived in Ukraine today

US - Russians incurring significant daily losses.
200 per day, 6 K minimum for the next month. Those numbers will only increase as attacks in Kherson increase. Takes pressure off the Donbas where Russian' have stated offensive actions will begin 6 Aug
Hard to supply the soldiers using ferries for resupply.1 bridge?? / certain rail lines unusable.
That will ripple with support to the front getting all ****ed up,, is my look at it

For our Putin ass lickers

I find it very hard to believe anybody would think that was a missile launcher and post that it was. I would find it entertaining to see this online claim.

No NCO Corps - Officers make the decisions, and when significant numbers of Russian Officers KIA/WIA, new troops with little training arriving.
New long range artillery, more counter battery radars, more & deadly air defence, Kherson heating up
US has spent approx 8.2 B on lethal aid alone.
Time for other rich countries to help pay the bills.

The United States estimates that Russian casualties in Ukraine have reached around 15,000 killed and perhaps 45,000 wounded, CIA Director William Burns said on Wednesday, adding that Ukraine has also endured significant casualties. read more

The official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that in addition to the lieutenants and captains killed, hundreds of colonels and "many" Russian generals had been killed as well.

"The chain of command is still struggling," the official said.

Russia classifies military deaths as state secrets even in times of peace and has not updated its official casualty figures frequently during the war. On March 25 it said 1,351 Russian soldiers had been killed.

I find it very hard to believe anybody would think that was a missile launcher and post that it was. I would find it entertaining to see this online claim.
Google is world wide. Not sure if it has been banned in Russia?

This is the first video footage of the Phoenix Ghost that I've seen:

Brief description of the Phoenix Ghost:

"The Phoenix Ghost has vertical takeoff capabilities, can track a target for up to six hours and can operate at night using infrared sensors, Deptula told Politico. While the Switchblade can only fly for less than an hour, the Phoenix Ghost can loiter for much longer."

Apparently the initial batch is working to satisfaction, as 550 (apprx) more are going to be sent to Ukraine. Problem with suicide drones is we don't get those cool videos unless another drone is tagging along. And as they work on their own, I imagine any jammed video feed is irrelevant.

Also, I saw something on TV interviewing a founder, designer, or exec of the company - apparently he has some connection to a former satellite country of the soviet union (perhaps his family came from one of them). He had a certain tone of voice that suggested he was glad to be part of a payback to Russia.

For our Putin ass lickers

ass lickers? I am afraid you are getting too invested in the matter. What all this obsession with Putin's ass and testicles?

Any signs of the Kherson counter offensive? By some fellow's count, it is 82 days since the first Kherson counter offensive was announced. I have been trying to monitor as much as I can activities around a so called Inhulets River. Ukraine placed pontoon bridges- appears to have been more than one, maybe three- across the Inhulets River and estabilshed some bridgeheads. That was more than a while ago. Latest I have been picking up appears to be that Orc artillery hammered and crushed the bridgeheads.

It may also be that we may actually end up with Zelensky going on defense in Kherson region. Kyiv, from some latest rumours, is making noises that the Russians have moved some additional 30 BTGs to the Kherson area. This could be an attempt by Zelensky to howl for more arms, or, as I believe more likely the case, a prelude to Zelensky giving advanced warning if the world instead finds him playing defense

ass lickers? I am afraid you are getting too invested in the matter. What all this obsession with Putin's ass and testicles?
That invested happens when innocent civilians are raped, tortured, murdered, by Russians
Is that invested?? Or a difference in morals?
Are you a supporter of the Russian war?

The Wagner Group appears to have Bakhmut in a chokehold

Yes...yes... we have heard the hyperbolic cheerleading from your thread side before. Let's see, a couple of weeks ago wasn't Siversk supposedly falling in 24hrs, because the Orcs were in the city?

The reality is that it appears that Putin's mob Capo's have given up, at least this season, on stealing Siversk and Slovyansk from Ukraine. Now they are focusing on operations directed towards Bakmut, and hoping to push Ukrainian artillery out of range of the city. But they have only made a few micro gains in the area, none of these materially affect Bakmut's defensive position. Bakmut is large and well-defended and at most these invaders might manage to take Avdiivka and Pisky, small towns that have held out against the Russians since 2014.

A current "chokehold" is pure fantasy.

Yes...yes... we have heard the hyperbolic cheerleading from your thread side before. Let's see, a couple of weeks ago wasn't Siversk supposedly falling in 24hrs, because the Orcs were in the city?

The reality is that it appears that Putin's mob Capo's have given up, at least this season, on stealing Siversk and Slovyansk from Ukraine. Now they are focusing on operations directed towards Bakmut, and hoping to push Ukrainian artillery out of range of the city. But they have only made a few micro gains in the area, none of these materially affect Bakmut's defensive position. Bakmut is large and well-defended and at most these invaders might manage to take Avdiivka and Pisky, small towns that have held out against the Russians since 2014.

A current "chokehold" is pure fantasy.
Yes I was saying it was going to be taken in 24 hours. Russia instead took the power station. I think Russia made a strategic decision to take the power station because it was not properly protected. Probably Ukraine took forces from there to reinforce Siversk.

The Russians have entered the town of Siversk. and will no doubt have complete control of it in a day.

:ROFLMAO:

Yes I was saying it was going to be taken in 24 hours. Russia instead took the power station. I think Russia made a strategic decision to take the power station because it was not properly protected. Probably Ukraine took forces from there to reinforce Siversk.

And Kyiv was just a feint.

The Wagner Group appears to have Bakhmut in a chokehold

Yes that appears to be the case. Bakhmut then Kramatorsk and that wraps up the Donbas pretty much. Russia would then have the natural protective border of the Dnieper River. Will they stop there?

Any signs of the Kherson counter offensive? By some fellow's count, it is 82 days since the first Kherson counter offensive was announced. I have been trying to monitor as much as I can activities around a so called Inhulets River. Ukraine placed pontoon bridges- appears to have been more than one, maybe three- across the Inhulets River and estabilshed some bridgeheads. That was more than a while ago. Latest I have been picking up appears to be that Orc artillery hammered and crushed the bridgeheads.

It may also be that we may actually end up with Zelensky going on defense in Kherson region. Kyiv, from some latest rumours, is making noises that the Russians have moved some additional 30 BTGs to the Kherson area. This could be an attempt by Zelensky to howl for more arms, or, as I believe more likely the case, a prelude to Zelensky giving advanced warning if the world instead finds him playing defense
After a solid week of news articles about how Ukraine was gearing up for a big counter offensive, the MSM is going a bit quiet on it all.

They took the power station instead.

And Kyiv was a feint.

The Russians have entered the town of Siversk. and will no doubt have complete control of it in a day.

Obviously, that was way more important.

According to whom?

Not sure what the laughing avatar is for.

This:

This is not some sort of sporting event.

Who said it was?

Back
Top Bottom