• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

This 👆

Some of these kids were lied to about where they were going.
Some of these kids that were aware of where they were going were intentionally ill-equipped.
Some were sent just to be fodder (mostly the minority groups of Russia).

I prefer to cheer more when their equipment is destroyed. That makes things end quicker for both sides.
I do confess, I have cheered when the Ukrainian army has killed big groups of Russians (or at least given a like to the post), In my defense I have to say it has given me a bad feeling which I have brushed of with the ends justify the means and that, if we disregard the conscripts from the war start, mostly the Russians are there by choice while the Ukrainians are there by necessity. Still, it is sad, young boys, mostly not war criminals (I have to believe), sometimes no more than children.

And in the end, it is al so unnecessary. Just one mans megalomania.

This 👆

Some of these kids were lied to about where they were going.
Some of these kids that were aware of where they were going were intentionally ill-equipped.
Some were sent just to be fodder (mostly the minority groups of Russia).

I prefer to cheer more when their equipment is destroyed. That makes things end quicker for both sides.

Sadly, those points are all correct. To fill depleted ranks with bodies, and to minimize the public awareness and distress over the war in Russia's power centers (Moscow and St. Petersburg) conscripts and contract soldiers are being harvested from Russia's rural, remote, poor, and ethnic minority regions. As most of the oligarchic and national wealth is held by Russians living and working in the two great cities, impoverished villagers are willing to risk death for the promise very high wages.

I read a recent Newsweek article on the social night life in those two cities, and how the young people enjoy the partying in summer without thinking much about the war -- mostly because of their Russian and urban privilege protects them from being exposed to it.

A Russian study that gathered death notices from the war, obits, etc. found that only about 1% to 2% of the dead soldiers are from those two great metroplex's; i.e. Putin intentionally avoids causing discontent by avoiding their conscription and/or recuritment.

So the short term minority contract troops are the first to be sent in and after they are wasted, only then are Wagner mercenaries deployed and the secured area then occupied by the regular Russian recruits.

UAF will make these numbers significantly higher by winter months
There will be a sunstantailincrease in Russian Officers KIA/WIA

My hope is Mika-El & Centrist may find their way down here . . . (not to over-look many others) . .
Member or not, here it is:
NATO was formed to stop Russian encroachment into Europe>
Russia's invasion of Ukraine IS "Russian encroachment into Europe" and Ukraine isn't having any of it nor is the entire free world.
NATO is prepared to do its job if need be.

Meanwhile, Pooty is in a bubble, and bubbles are never good in a war

From English Wiki.

The SLM system has a 25km altitude reach, 40km overall reach. The whole system is in standard container, it does not need a designated special purpose transporter, any container truck can haul it around, same for command post, radars etc..
The systems components do not have to be grouped together; they can be several km apart. Encrypted radio links let the units communicated, they can be linked by fiber optics, too.
Several countries, who had ordered this system had to agree to step behind Ukraine and have the delivery of their system delayed.
The launcher has a very fast reload capacity, it takes 15 minutes, from empty to full mag.
It is the most advanced system in the world, and uses active and !passive! radar.

Despite, we still have morons who say Germany is not helping the Ukraine in this Forum.

OOOOOOOH well, gas well, oil well, water well.

Russia has decided that 32 New Zealand journalists and officials are no longer welcome in the country. Among other things, mayors, high-ranking military personnel and journalists are covered by the new announcement. The measure is a response to the New Zealand authorities' sanctions against Russia "which are increasingly affecting Russian citizens", according to a statement from Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. New Zealand imposed the sanctions against Russia due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. The country's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has been banned from traveling to Russia since April.
Russia helps us to separate the wheat from the chaff. Do we have a complete list of the banned anywhere just so that we know who is-uh-wheat without resorting to a newspaper?

Balkans have been simmering for years. Could have another war in Europe?

The west can not complain about Donestk and Luhansk when they gutted Kosovo out

The only time there was peace in the Balkans was when Tito was in power and the country was united as Yugoslavia.
Tito carved his communist dump after 1.3 million people died in WW2.

Tito genocided italians, murdered Catholic priests, and a lot more. Not exactly the greatest figure.

Yugoslavia collapsed because

1. Ethnic tensions were still unsolved. Tito just tried to brush it under the rug but it was still there. This was evidence by the Serb opposition to new police uniforms that represented the Ustashe during WW2-a regime that murdered hundreds of thousands of serbs-that eventually started the Croatian War. Or how about Kosovo where the history there was long and bloody. Ethnic tensions didn't get resolved, they just got forcibly shut away for a little but thanks to Tito's communism.
  2. Croatia and Slovenia were unwilling to continue dragging their good economies to relief the rest of the poor Yugoslavs. So they wanted to secede
  3. Serbs were unwilling to live in institutions represented by a majority of non-serbs. Especially since last time that happened in WW2, it proved to be devastating.
  4. Alija was less concerned about the economy and more about Islamic nationalism, which he saw wholly incompatible with the communist model of Yugoslavia, or at least what was left about it. HIS group started the Bosnian war when a muslim killed 13 serbs in a wedding. HE is responsible in my eyes.
  5. Kosovo war started because Albanian troublemakers stirred up trouble and was backed by the west. It is one of the worst injustices of our time. These Albanians invaded Macedonia in 2001 which really showed their troublesome nature-they were NOT freedom fighters but rather islamic, drug-dealing terrorists.
Add in the ethnic hatred and electro music and you get the absolute mess that was the breakup of yugoslavia. I think serbs were right in both bosnia and croatia, but Milosevic should have had a treaty with Tudman and focused on getting srspka into serbia-which was very possible but the west refused to consider a bosnian partition!! That would have saved lives

Back
Top Bottom