• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:185] American truckers join Canada's 'Freedom Convoy' protesting vaccine mandate as rigs stretch for 45 MILES:

Generally. liberals have very few social skills and would be the ones standing in a corner at a party. They are sissified by domineering females who told them they are always right and that conservatives are bullies so they need to fight back by seizing power in government. That gives them their sense of worth.
Preach my brother

When is the big event? I'm gonna mark my calendar and laugh and laugh when 5 semis, 2 pick-ups and an El Camino "convoy". I tell ya what, though. If they have a Firebird Trans-Am, I'll back off and give credit where due.

Last edited:
I personally respect all of the service oriented workers that make our collective lives better and there are many that we don’t even know about.

Truckers, Trash Collectors, Janitors, Bartenders, Waitstaff, Cashiers, Grocery Shelf Stockers, Pet groomers, Beauticians/Barbers, Maids, Porta Potty Cleaners, Sewer Cleaners, Sewage Inspectors, Coal Miners, Dairy Farmhands, Pig Slop Processors, Crime Scene Clearners.

I could go on and on but I won’t since I think I provided enough examples to make my point.🙂
I APPRECIATE the jobs they do.
But their profession has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of a person they are.
Would you respect a janitor if he was a child molestor? A trucker who is a rapist? A maid who is a thief?
I don’t respect professionals ; I appreciate the job they do. I RESPECT people who earn my respect.
And not a single covidiot has earned my respect because they are all selfish schmucks.

I APPRECIATE the jobs they do.
But their profession has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of a person they are.
Would you respect a janitor if he was a child molestor? A trucker who is a rapist? A maid who is a thief?
I don’t respect professionals ; I appreciate the job they do. I RESPECT people who earn my respect.
And not a single covidiot has earned my respect because they are all selfish schmucks.
Glad to hear that.
Every profession including all the “admired ones” has absolutely nothing to do with “what kind of” person they are.
No. No. No. Those are all crimes. I don’t respect criminals that are found guilty, sentenced and serving prison time after they are tried in a Court of Law.
Sorry, I judge differently. To “each her own” kind of judgement.

snippets…

“This idiom is commonly used when the speaker disagrees with another person’s choice, but does not think the point is worth arguing”

“In other words, the speaker thinks another’s opinion is ridiculous, strange, or just wrong, but recognizes the other person has a right to his or her own opinion.”

Glad to hear that.
Every profession including all the “admired ones” has absolutely nothing to do with “what kind of” person they are.
No. No. No. Those are all crimes. I don’t respect criminals that are found guilty, sentenced and serving prison time after they are tried in a Court of Law.
Sorry, I judge differently. To “each her own” kind of judgement.

snippets…

“This idiom is commonly used when the speaker disagrees with another person’s choice, but does not think the point is worth arguing”

“In other words, the speaker thinks another’s opinion is ridiculous, strange, or just wrong, but recognizes the other person has a right to his or her own opinion.”
I think I made my point.
Covidiots are morally bereft.

Last edited:
I'm not clicking on the idiot source provided in the OP. When is the event? Is it today? Are there 50000 trucks protesting on a Canadian highway today? Where will they be assembling? Gotta be a pretty big parking lot.

Just wanna throw this out there:

Does anyone here believe there will be 50000 trucks in attendance? Does anyone here believe there could be? Does anyone here think that's remotely possible?

Last edited:
Only a source that sells alien stories could try to sell 50000 trucks.

That's not remotely possible.

lol

I'm not clicking on the idiot source provided in the OP. When is the event? Is it today? Are there 50000 trucks protesting on a Canadian highway today? Where will they be assembling? Gotta be a pretty big parking lot.

Just wanna throw this out there:

Does anyone here believe there will be 50000 trucks in attendance? Does anyone here believe there could be? Does anyone here think that's remotely possible?

They are going to Ottawa and will protest at Parliament Hill and will apparently be a big nuisance in the Downtown core. They will be protesting at the Hill at 13 today.

It's also 1.4 degrees fahrenheit in Ottawa, so there is that.

Some of them think they can deliver a Memorandum of Understanding to the Canadian Senate and the Governor General will give these protesters political power, fire the Prime Minister and remove all the mandates.

It's today? I'm so excited. The police are expecting up to 10000 protesters. Not sure how 10000 people will drive 50000 trucks.

It's today? I'm so excited. The police are expecting up to 10000 protesters. Not sure how 10000 people will drive 50000 trucks.

It's today and there is an Extreme Cold warning in Ottawa. Apparently one of the Organizers, Pat King is a racist:

Also he is a Western separatist, so I think he delusional.

A racist conspiracy theorist rally? It's gonna be big!

Just as a matter of record regarding the OP article:

When an estimate of attendance is more than a factor of power off, you've been lied to. That's not a mistake. That's not an estimate. That's a lie.

A racist conspiracy theorist rally? It's gonna be big!

I hope not, I live in Ottawa. I may have to avoid Downtown. Ottawa already kinda sucks now between the cold weather and the latest Ontario shutdown due to the new Covid-19 wave, we don't need truckers blocking everything Downtown too.

I hope not, I live in Ottawa. I may have to avoid Downtown.

Of course the racist conspiracy theorists will stop traffic. They cry about that crap all the time.

I hope not, I live in Ottawa. I may have to avoid Downtown. Ottawa already kinda sucks now between the cold weather and the latest Ontario shutdown due to the new Covid-19 wave, we don't need truckers blocking everything Downtown too.
These schmucks don't give a hoot about normal people just going about their business trying to live their lives in a difficult time. Its about ME ME ME ME ME-always. They are going to succeed in further polarizing those normal people who are provax and pro mandate. This is a big mistake on their part, and for that reason I am glad they are doing it. Hopefully there will be a huge backlash against the covidiots.

When is the big event? I'm gonna mark my calendar and laugh and laugh when 5 semis, 2 pick-ups and an El Camino "convoy". I tell ya what, though. If they have a Firebird Trans-Am, I'll back off and give credit where due.

Of course the racist conspiracy theorists will stop traffic. They cry about that crap all the time.

They also parked on the Canadian war memorial:

And these people will claim to be "patriots".

Also among the truckers, a lot of Canadian flags, but also a couple of Confederate flags, which is interesting because Canada as a nation didn't even exist during the Civil War, so is this heritage not hate then? What heritage, Canada is pretty far away from the South.

The Proud Boys tried to use the Red Ensign flag as the Canadian version of the Confederate flag, but no one cares about that flag.

They also parked on the Canadian war memorial:

And these people will claim to be "patriots".

Also among the truckers, a lot of Canadian flags, but also a couple of Confederate flags, which is interesting because Canada as a nation didn't even exist during the Civil War, so is this heritage not hate then? What heritage, Canada is pretty far away from the South.

Racism is American and Canadian heritage. Don't sell yourselves short.

Racism is American and Canadian heritage. Don't sell yourselves short.

True, but the Confederate flag has nothing to do with Canada, it's literally just copying the American far right. It doesn't carry same weight in Canada, Canadians only know it because we see it on American TV. This is just being a lame copy cat with their racism.

The proud boys tried to make Red Ensign into the Canadian version of the Confederate flag, but ultimately no one cared:

This just released from the CTA, Canadian Trucker Alliance, luckily for Tucker it is Saturday so he can just toss a new shiny object Monday.

12:52 p.m. EST​

The Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA) said in a statement it appears a number of protestors in Ottawa have "no connection" to the trucking industry and are pushing a "separate agenda beyond a disagreement over cross border vaccine requirements."

In the statement issued Saturday, the organization said many of those currently protesting on Parliament Hill "do not speak for the industry or represent truckers as a whole."

I hope the visiting Americans like 1.4 degree weather.

True, but the Confederate flag has nothing to do with Canada, it's literally just copying the American far right. It doesn't carry same weight in Canada, Canadians only know it because we see it on American TV. This is just being a lame copy cat with their racism.

It only means racism here. Same there.

The Confederate flag is a symbol of hate. Canadian hate, American hate, everyone's hate! It's a very inclusive flag.

Back
Top Bottom