• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:148] Affirmative Action promotes systemic racial discrimination.

I get it that some just can't handle responsibility. By why only in America? Why are only Asians in America incapable of stepping up and taking leadership roles?
When I travel to Asian countries..I see all sorts of Asians in leadership roles..from cross to legislators.
Why is it that America only gets those who can only be production line workers?

As far as the rest? Yep as long as you continue to be racially biased..we will not agree.
what does this have to do with passing over more qualified Asians when they apply to top schools?

what does this have to do with passing over more qualified Asians when they apply to top schools?
Just curious why Asians are incapable of filling leadership roles in America.
Seems a good argument for passing up Asians for elite schools since it's clear based on BIASEDS reasoning that the elite schools are wasted on anmerican Asians.
Elite schools are often where people for leadership roles are picked.
As Biased points out..American asians want to be production workers..not leaders so elite schools are wasted on them. Better those slots went to black people and other minorities that are capable of taking leadership roles.

Seems a good argument for passing up Asians for elite schools since it's clear based on BIASEDS reasoning that the elite schools are wasted on anmerican Asians.
As Biased points out..American asians want to be production workers..not leaders so elite schools are wasted on them. Better those slots went to black people and other minorities that are capable of taking leadership roles.
I have no idea what this has to do with the qualifications of Asian kids needing to be much higher to get into top schools compared to blacks-and often whites. You are assuming blacks take leadership positions due to something other than affirmative action? Your assumptions seem really racist

I have no idea what this has to do with the qualifications of Asian kids needing to be much higher to get into top schools compared to blacks-and often whites. You are assuming blacks take leadership positions due to something other than affirmative action? Your assumptions seem really racist
Well..as you brought up the mismatch with black people..
Clearly according to Biased's opinion..American Asians are not capable of filling leadership roles as black people are and thus elite schools are wasted on them.
You made the same argument regarding black people and whites turtle.

I get it that some just can't handle responsibility. By why only in America? Why are only Asians in America incapable of stepping up and taking leadership roles?
When I travel to Asian countries..I see all sorts of Asians in leadership roles..from cross to legislators.
Why is it that America only gets those who can only be production line workers?

As far as the rest? Yep as long as you continue to be racially biased..we will not agree.
Good heavens, of course Asians can do it, and they sometimes do. But if you’re paying attention, you’ll notice that successful Asians tend to go for technical professions (doctor, engineer, scientist, etc) rather than leadership and management positions.

People stuff can be a pain and most people don’t want to do it, nor do they have the people skills.

Good heavens, of course Asians can do it, and they sometimes do. But if you’re paying attention, you’ll notice that successful Asians tend to go for technical professions (doctor, engineer, scientist, etc) rather than leadership and management positions.

People stuff can be a pain and most people don’t want to do it, nor do they have people skills.
Umm..
You said that the reason Asian Americans are less likely to be promoted to managerial positions in the us is because they don't want to take the responsibility as managers. . They would rather be production workers. Oh and now you have added they don't have people skills.

As far as technical professions? They all have leadership roles. Medical director..project director.. lead scientist..etc.
These roles are not being filled by Asians in America but instead by whites and all other minorities..
Thus it's clear an elite school is wasted on American Asians. Better to fill it with another minority.

Umm..
You said that the reason Asian Americans are less likely to be promoted to managerial positions in the us is because they don't want to take the responsibility as managers. . They would rather be production workers. Oh and now you have added they don't have people skills.

As far as technical professions? They all have leadership roles. Medical director..project director.. lead scientist..etc.
These roles are not being filled by Asians in America but instead by whites and all other minorities..
Thus it's clear an elite school is wasted on American Asians. Better to fill it with another minority.
That's not what I'm saying, and frankly, I'm fed up with your repeatedly misrepresenting what I said. Whether you do it intentionally or not, you have a problem.

That's not what I'm saying, and frankly, I'm fed up with your repeatedly misrepresenting what I said. Whether you do it intentionally or not, you have a problem.
Of course its exactly what you are saying. Cripes.. we HAVE WHAT YOU POSTED.
I asked you why in america.. asians despite having more education and degrees are LESS Likely to be promoted to management positions than ANY OTHER RACE.. including black people.

YOU are the one that stated that they didn;t want to become managers and handle the responsibility:

Regarding Asians, some people like doing production work and don't want the responsibilities of leadership and management.
Then you pointed out that its not only they don;t want responsibility.. but they don;t have people skills:
People stuff can be a pain and most people don’t want to do it, nor do they have the people skills.

I think the problem here is you. You don;t seem to want to take responsibility for what you are posting. Hmmm.. not wanting to take responsibility.

ME? I would be inclined to believe the reason that Asian aMericans don;t get promoted to management in the US.. while obviously in managerial roles in the rest of the asian world.. is because there is a subtle "glass ceiling" when it comes to asian and promotion in the US.

You on the other hand made it clear.. that it can;t be any kind of racism or racial bias... but is due to the attributes of asians... in particularly not wanting responsibility and not having people skills to be managers.

Sorry.. but we have your posts.

Well, I do a lot of that same analysis at a large silicon valley company. I can't really say much, but, we don't see that issue with Asians, but we do see it with other groups.

Keep in mind that, according to the EEO-1 race categories, "Asian" also includes those of the Indian subcontinent. The usual understanding is that Asian is primarily Chinese, Japanese, but it is also India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.

Asian (Not Hispanic or Latino): A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand and Vietnam.

Well, I do a lot of that same analysis at a large silicon valley company. I can't really say much, but, we don't see that issue with Asians, but we do see it with other groups.

Keep in mind that, according to the EEO-1 race categories, "Asian" also includes those of the Indian subcontinent. The usual understanding is that Asian is primarily Chinese, Japanese, but it is also India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.

Asian (Not Hispanic or Latino): A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand and Vietnam.
Actually.. in the report that I presented.. some of the results were about silicon valley.. and it was noted that when silicon valley assessed themselves...
Asians fell into a "non group.
"This was painfully obvious to us while reading the newly released diversity and inclusion report from a large Silicon Valley company: Its 19 pages never specifically address Asian Americans. Asian men are lumped into a “non-underrepresented” category with white men (we’ll say more about that below); Asian women are assigned to a category that includes women of all races. In contrast, the report addresses Hispanics, African Americans, and Native Americans as distinct categories. Ironically, the chief diversity and inclusion officer of the company remarked about its efforts, “If you do not intentionally include, you will unintentionally exclude.”
https://hbr.org/2018/05/asian-ameri...group-in-the-u-s-to-be-promoted-to-management

Well..as you brought up the mismatch with black people..
Clearly according to Biased's opinion..American Asians are not capable of filling leadership roles as black people are and thus elite schools are wasted on them.
You made the same argument regarding black people and whites turtle.
that's a racist claim. the issue is academic merit as the grounds for acceptance at the most elite universities, law schools and medical schools;.

that's a racist claim. the issue is academic merit as the grounds for acceptance at the most elite universities, law schools and medical schools;.
Hey.. its based on your premise regarding the effect of mismatch and Biased's premise that american asians don;t want the responsibility or have the people skills to be leaders.

Its never been an issue of merit with you Turtle.
You clearly had no problem with white legacy;s, athletes etc gaining entrance into elite schools with sub par scores.

Look. You are biased against black people. We have your posts that prove it. PROVE IT.

Hey.. its based on your premise regarding the effect of mismatch and Biased's premise that american asians don;t want the responsibility or have the people skills to be leaders.

You clearly had no problem with white legacy;s, athletes etc gaining entrance into elite schools with sub par scores.

Look. You are biased against black people. We have your posts that prove it. PROVE IT.
Honestly, I think you should see a psychiatrist to check your cognitive function. I’m seeing some problems with reading comprehension and reasoning which go beyond normal forum banter.

1) what happens after someone is admitted means nothing
2) what people do 20 years after they graduate means nothing
3) all that matters is the merit of an application at the time they apply. And you can claim that SAT/LSAT/ACT scores don't accurately predict who will succeed 5 years out of school etc. But one thing is for sure-being black instead of white or Asian means NOTHING when it comes to predicting school performance

go ahead and try to prove your claim. you have proven you are unable to debate well on this subject by throwing a race card.

The guy's clearly a troll, stop feeding him. Asian-Americans apply less for leadership roles becaues there is a stereotype that they are more hardworking and intelligent but socially inept, white people in general prefer their own and more blacks than other minorities are in politics. By his logic we should accept even less whites and Asians into the NBA because it's clear they are disproportionately underrepresented and do not go on to win as many athletic scholarships as blacks, and that isn't racist. Since non-blacks and non-Latinos go to prison far less, we should assume blacks and Latinos are more willing to do time and give them heftier sentences and put more of them in there. See how you can pervert that type of reasoning to be racist? He is either severely lacking in cognitive function or self-awareness, or is just a troll or an idiot. Probably the latter.

Honestly, I think you should see a psychiatrist to check your cognitive function. I’m seeing some problems with reading comprehension and reasoning which go beyond normal forum banter.
Honestly..you do quite a bit of psychological projection.
You should look it up.
I mean dude..we have your quotes.

1) what happens after someone is admitted means nothing
2) what people do 20 years after they graduate means nothing
3) all that matters is the merit of an application at the time they apply. And you can claim that SAT/LSAT/ACT scores don't accurately predict who will succeed 5 years out of school etc. But one thing is for sure-being black instead of white or Asian means NOTHING when it comes to predicting school performance

go ahead and try to prove your claim. you have proven you are unable to debate well on this subject by throwing a race card.
1. That's not what you said when you defended white legacies turtle. You cannot simply ignore that you defended white legacies by pointing out how well they did after being admitted.
You have two standards ..one for whites people and one for everyone else.
2. Turtle it's absolutely ridiculous to claim what someonrs does with their education or how they perform in school is meaningless.
If..entrance scores and test scores are valid measures of ability.and " merit" .then they should accurately predict a person's performance in school. If they dont..which is the case after a certain level of gpa and test score ..well then they are not a valid measure.
It's really that simple.

Honestly..you do quite a bit of psychological projection.
You should look it up.
I mean dude..we have your quotes.
I wasn't taking a jab at you. I sincerely suggest that you check with a psychiatrist. If there's a problem of the kind I'm thinking of, you may not be aware of it, and the people around you may just chalk it up to you getting older.

I wasn't taking a jab at you. I sincerely suggest that you check with a psychiatrist. If there's a problem of the kind I'm thinking of, you may not be aware of it, and the people around you may just chalk it up to you getting older.
And I wasn't taking a jab at you. I seriously suggest you talk with a therapist about psychological projection .
We have your quotes dude..

Lmao.
I think everyone here sees the irony.
I have provided reams of objective evidence of racial inequity..and bias.
And you have provided...well nothing but a repeated..." nuh uh".
Kinda the debate forums equivalent of Monty pythons " it's just a flesh wound"..
Some more for your edification
It is too bad reality Checker is no longer here. He was the best poster ever at DP and routinely decimated the left-wingers like you.

It is too bad reality Checker is no longer here. He was the best poster ever at DP and routinely decimated the left-wingers like you.
But the left-wingers probably didn't think they were decimated. That's the thing about these debates where 'truth' is hard to pin down - politics, public policy, philosophy, religion, sometimes even STEM stuff.

Hey... you need to get busy proving that my being an NRA member and being adamantly pro second amendment is a leftist position.
In fact.. "left of AOC".. as you claimed that "all your positions are leftist".

Put up or shut up.

Hey... you need to get busy proving that my being an NRA member and being adamantly pro second amendment is a leftist position.
In fact.. "left of AOC".. as you claimed that "all your positions are leftist".

Put up or shut up.
Sounds like I hit a nerve.

Back
Top Bottom