• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W: 1411] Video: Woman Killed in Capitol was Executed. Cop Should Face Charges.

No it isn't.

Well with that in-depth amount of well researched information, I st
Sure, obviously the planning for this was a failure and the top brass already fired or resigned under pressure. It's incredible there was so little planning for what the protesters TOLD us they planned on doing. Many promised violence, and whether those were stupid boasts by stupid people, those involved in the planning had to assume they were serious. And they didn't. This was a planning failure on a MASSIVE scale.

That's not what this thread is about, which is did the cop who shot that woman act properly GIVEN the mob that did end up right in front of him, were trying to break through a critical barrier to those the police were protecting, and who the police had to assume, right or wrong, had the intent to harm those these police were protecting. It seems obvious to me that the person who pulled the trigger was doing his duty. We can second guess it if we want, but I cannot imagine any investigation even leads to a bad mark in his file, much less criminal charges or firing.

I think a meddle should be in his future...

He did the right thing. He is an American hero.
Killed a traitor who was trying to overthrow the government.

Yep!

And he acted professionally by killing with a single shot the person who tried to breach the blocked door (the typical untrained cop is emptying the whole magazine while he is soiling his pants). And the angle of the shot seems to be such that there was no danger for those behind the target. There was no option to overpower physically the much larger mumber of people in the mob or to let them approach the people they were hating the most hoping that there would not be at least one person willing to harm a senator or a representative. Also, videos show that he did not shoot immediately. He had pointed his gun at the mob and the mob was aware of it. He had created an improvised obstacle and defended it with fire when a stupid person tried to breach it. And there was no option to outrun the mob and retreat together with the (often) elder reprsentatives whom he was tasked to defend.

I think the person deserves to get from Biden the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Last edited:
Can you see her crawling through the window here?

Yes, I can, thanks, and that's from a far different and better perspective than the one I saw earlier. Seems I was too quick to blame the shooter than the woman. Not sure I would have responded the same way but the woman did contribute to her own death. I stand corrected.

Maybe if this person had been laying prone, say, on a bed when she was shot. Maybe even sleeping. Maybe then our conservative friends would think she had it coming.

1 round of warning shots into the corner of the building floor would have sent all those rebels runnin with zero deaths. They shot a woman who had no weapon.

If he woulda screamed WARNING SHOTS WARNING SHOTS 3 times then shot the corner.

1) it was a mob invading the US Capitol. Who knows how much of the mob was packing?
2) it was the US Capitol full of government officials performing one of the most important duties they have, counting the vote and declaring a winner of a Presidential election. This mob was not on a Capitol tour this day, they were there to interfere with American democracy, it was under attack. Though I do not advocate such, Capitol Police arguably could have justified broadly opening fire to defend what was happening in the chambers. They might have been justified killing 100-200 of the mob. Under the circumstances, the Capitol police showed considerable restraint. What would have happened (or should have happened) had 10,000 people stormed the White House this past summer?
3) a mob invasion is going to put defenders of the Capitol in an awkward position where not all decisions would be the best decisions, but the mob forced that (see also 'fog of war')
4) an argument could be made the organizers of this insurrection should face the death penalty.
5) this will all be well investigated. I do believe in American justice, in the long run.

What intrigues me is that I suspect that a number of posters that are outraged by this insurrectionist being shot invading the Capitol also defended Atlanta police shooting Rayshad Brooks in the back. If I have some time this weekend, I will look that up and expose those hypocrites (or racists)....

Yes, I can, thanks, and that's from a far different and better perspective than the one I saw earlier. Seems I was too quick to blame the shooter than the woman. Not sure I would have responded the same way but the woman did contribute to her own death. I stand corrected.

It's always sad when someones life is taken but this was the appropriate response... The video in this article, I hate that I have to link to the article, really shows what was happening before..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...bd8f45-1250-463e-b73f-d218b39e7ed0_video.html

Sure, obviously the planning for this was a failure and the top brass already fired or resigned under pressure. It's incredible there was so little planning for what the protesters TOLD us they planned on doing. Many promised violence, and whether those were stupid boasts by stupid people, those involved in the planning had to assume they were serious. And they didn't. This was a planning failure on a MASSIVE scale.

That's not what this thread is about, which is did the cop who shot that woman act properly GIVEN the mob that did end up right in front of him, were trying to break through a critical barrier to those the police were protecting, and who the police had to assume, right or wrong, had the intent to harm those these police were protecting. It seems obvious to me that the person who pulled the trigger was doing his duty. We can second guess it if we want, but I cannot imagine any investigation even leads to a bad mark in his file, much less criminal charges or firing.
The key here is investigation. If it is so obvious then any is a waste of time. Any time a police officer discharges his weapon, afaik, there always is an investigation to determine if it was justified. Will it be in in this case? I already conceded that it most likely will be. The question, even by the authorities, is a valid one to ask.

This country is for all the people not just you your people who agree with you. If people don't feel like they're being heard this sort of thing's going to happen and it's going to happen more and more with more frequency and more people until you shut your mouth and listen.

If not enjoy the next couple of years they are of your making.

No... now is the time for you to shut your mouth and listen. I've got the same vote as you or anyone else in here. We've all got that right. But what none of us have the right to do is try to overturn an election and invalidate anyone's vote.

If there honestly was election fraud, and it was backed up by solid evidence, I'd be at the front of the line speaking out against it. But when all 50 States certify the results - and there are no serious court cases contesting those certifications - then it is over. There is no honest disagreement to be had here.... there is just this - you're either for our democracy or you are not. And if you are not, then you are my enemy.

Al Queda was only trying to kill us and change our foreign policy. These terrorists at the Capitol were trying to overturn our democracy. In my eyes, that makes them WORSE than Al Queda. I - like millions of others have - signed up and put my life on the line for this country and what it stands for. Think about what that means for a second... it means I put my freedom above my life. Al Queda could only kill me once.... every day living in tyranny is a death.

No sir.... the line is drawn. I would no more listen and take heed of these cretins than I would Al Queda. And damn your eyes for saying I should.

The key here is investigation. If it is so obvious then any is a waste of time. Any time a police officer discharges his weapon, afaik, there always is an investigation to determine if it was justified. Will it be in in this case? I already conceded that it most likely will be. The question, even by the authorities, is a valid one to ask.

All police shootings must be investigated, even those which appear to be perfectly reasonable.

It's always sad when someones life is taken but this was the appropriate response... The video in this article, I hate that I have to link to the article, really shows what was happening before..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...bd8f45-1250-463e-b73f-d218b39e7ed0_video.html
Well, whatever happens, I know I don't need to see this video again. Perhaps, though unlikely, her death may caution people not to behave violently during any protest. The Constitution says 'Peaceful' , and that's the way they should all be.

All police shootings must be investigated, even those which appear to be perfectly reasonable.
Yes, and if it’s just a formality then the public has no reason to believe the police really care.

When you are climbing into a federal building through a broken out window what is going through your mind?

I understand those waving flags and shouting from the streets but this is crossing a big line.

If I break into your home in the middle of the night I am quite aware I could get my ass shot.

She is a mother too which is really perplexing as why she would put herself into possible danger.

It's really a shame that trump has caused all off this

Yes, and if it’s just a formality then the public has no reason to believe the police really care.

I agree.

I think that the claim that it is a formality is in reality a claim that the legality and necessity of the shot is so obvious from the available information that the investigation will just officially verify the obvious conclusion. But for sure, this investigation should follow all the proper procedures like any other police shooting and it makes sense to investigate if there were ways to avoid the shooting. I just do not see them!

And even if there were no senators' or representatives' lives at stake, the mere fact of letting anybody in offices that could have sensitive papers and classified material made it necessary to use lethal force to prohibit a breach. So, one shoud also investigate if the Capitol Police failed to use lethal force early enough to prevent people from stroming the Capitol. This was a huge security failure and some people wthin the Capitol Police should resign!

I agree.

I think that the claim that it is a formality is in reality a claim that the legality and necessity of the shot is so obvious from the available information that the investigation will just officially verify the obvious conclusion. But for sure, this investigation should follow all the proper procedures like any other police shooting and it makes sense to investigate if there were ways to avoid the shooting. I just do not see them!

And even if there were no senators' or representatives' lives at stake, the mere fact of letting anybody in offices that could have sensitive papers and classified material made it necessary to use lethal force to prohibit a breach. So, one shoud also investigate if the Capitol Police failed to use lethal force early enough to prevent people from stroming the Capitol. This was a huge security failure and some people wthin the Capitol Police should resign!
I am in complete agreement with you. Let’s hope it never happens again. We are better than this.

Graph view. Use discretion. I don’t believe he had probable cause to fire his weapon, let alone go for a head shot.

So what exactly would provide probable cause?
Why do people who chose to break in to our government's Capital Building expect that they are immune from law enforcement protecting our elected legislators?
Go ask the families of dozens of dead Black Americans who have been shot dead, or strangled to death, despite not being armed.

one shot center mass, if that does not stop them you shoot again center mass. Aiming for arms and legs is stuff of TV and movies, not real life
She was shot center mass?

I sent mine an email. Are you unaware you have that option? It isn't even the only one. You do not have the legal option of interrupting Congress while in session, performing Constitutionally directed duties to address your grievances. Time and place and manner matter.
The event was scheduled.

Back
Top Bottom