• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1303]***To Believe or Not To Believe

Re: To Believe or Not To Believe

You're house is reality???

Reality is 'a feeling'??? about your house???

:lamo:lamo:lamo

Yes, at least you seem to have very little "feeling" with reality because you claim all kinds of nonsensical things repeated with claims of fallacy, calling things lies, etc. etc. etc.

As stated time and time again, one liner word games and no real responses.

It's about time that those two were ignored, they have no interest in a serious discussion.

So faith has nothing to do with religion???

So Buddhism is not a religion, eh?

:lamo

Faith can have something to do with religion but can also have nothing to do with religion.

And I already explained how buddhism is a religion.

Argument of the Stone Fallacy.

Try substantive reasoning next time.

Try reality next time.

Last edited:

There is nothing that prevents anyone from murder, period.

Apparently the only thing stopping him from murdering anyone is his fear that he'll go to hell if he does. I just hope he keeps on believing in his imaginary hell.

Fear based authoritarian religious beliefs hinder the natural development of empathy.

Last edited:

Apparently the only thing stopping him from murdering anyone is his fear that he'll go to hell if he does. I just hope he keeps on believing in his imaginary hell.

Fear based authoritarian religious beliefs hinder the natural development of empathy.

Religion does lead to stunted emotional growth.

Yet what defines 'immoratlity', without God? How can there be sin against something that one believes not to exist? In short, what defines the 'morality' of an atheist?

Sin is a religious transgression. Morality does not need religion; it's a human construct, at least for those of us who don't think god invented it. If you need your religion to tell you what is moral, that's your issue.

Would you rape and kill if you didn't think god was looking? Do you have a list of sins you would like to commit if they were not "sins"?

Religion does lead to stunted emotional growth.

I dunno. This level of nonsensical circularity and mantra repeating is pretty unusual, even given extreme religious views.

Theories don't speak.

He (and his parrot) thinks "citing a reference" is just typing the words "Science says so" or "Philosophy says so" or "theories speak for themselves". And he claims that he taught at a University? LOL!

I dunno. This level of nonsensical circularity and mantra repeating is pretty unusual, even given extreme religious views.

Perhaps. But believing in a god is akin to believing in Santa Claus.

He (and his parrot) thinks "citing a reference" is just typing the words "Science says so" or "Philosophy says so" or "theories speak for themselves". And he claims that he taught at a University? LOL!

Did he really claim that? :lamo:lamo:lamo Cleaning the toilets in a university would be nearer the mark.

Did he really claim that? :lamo:lamo:lamo Cleaning the toilets in a university would be nearer the mark.

Yes, he did. Just a few posts ago. I almost fell off my chair laughing.

Yes, he did. Just a few posts ago. I almost fell off my chair laughing.

That is one of the funniest claims that I have ever seen on this site.

The posts are not what I would call rational... or even sane.

Which of the Bobsey Twins made that ridiculous claim?

What did you say? I can't understand you. Define 'if', 'you', "can't", 'agree', 'on', 'definitions', 'communications', 'is', 'impossible'.

That's your problem because you refuse to accept commonly agreed upon definitions. You can't communicate without a common language. If you make up your own definitions, you can't expect anyone else to understand your meaning.

Back
Top Bottom