• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:1011]TRUMP’S TAXES SHOW CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

I guess this is the part where the MAGAanderthals go into denial after the person they have been worshiping over the last four years he has been exposed as a tax-cheat and perhaps the worst businessman in the world -- not being about to turn a profit in decades -- and could only show outwardly richness by accepting emoluments from foreign interests who want something in return.

If its true.

But its September 28th, dude.

Sorry, smells like propaganda.

Sorry but any media source, I don't care if its Fox or CNN or whatever. If its September or October, that report should be AUTOMATICALLY suspect.

They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

So...to summarize the attitude of you and everyone else who answered me...

"The ends justify any means...even if those means are illegal, immoral, unethical or corrupt."

Moving on...

There is nothing illegal about the NYT getting these tax returns from someone.

Is the point of this cartoon to try and suggest that imaginary characters are having angst over which button to push?

They are not mutually exclusive.

Both apply.

LOL. No they don't. Either Trump is a bad businessman to doesn't make any money, or he is a successful businessman who you think isn't paying enough taxes. You can't have it both ways.

Because the Democrat/AOC leftist Bernie screwing over Democrats have nothing to offer me. Zippo.
I find it funny how rabid right wingers are terrified of a freshman Congresswoman who is barely 30 years old and a septuagenarian Senator who speaks about income inequality and social justice -- both of whom support Joe Biden.

Without the physical returns and relying on a source in the election window, some need to explain why the timing on not-quite-yet-October surprises aren't presumptively suspect. At the end of the day, it could be true, but right now this does smell like double hearsay propaganda.

Trump could confirm or deny it today by releasing his tax returns... would also save some federal judges some time...

I guess this is the part where the MAGAanderthals go into denial after the person they have been worshiping over the last four years he has been exposed as a tax-cheat and perhaps the worst businessman in the world -- not being about to turn a profit in decades -- and could only show outwardly richness by accepting emoluments from foreign interests who want something in return.
With all that nonsense said, he's more than made it up for you by being the best POTUS we have seen since 1988

Because the Democrat/AOC leftist Bernie screwing over Democrats have nothing to offer me. Zippo.

I”m happy you feel you’ve found a home with anti-american right wing luatics led by a weirdo who wears lifts and smears orange lipstick all over his face.

As I said: keep your vote. Looks like we’re all stocked up for this election anyway!

With all that nonsense said, he's more than made it up for you by being the best POTUS we have seen since 1988

Over 200k grieving American families and 8% unemployment would disagree with you.

I find it funny how rabid right wingers are terrified of a freshman Congresswoman who is barely 30 years old and a septuagenarian Senator who speaks about income inequality and social justice.

Because they want the government to make the majority of economic decisions in this country.

I find it funny how rabid right wingers are terrified of a freshman Congresswoman who is barely 30 years old and a septuagenarian Senator who speaks about income inequality and social justice -- both of whom support Joe Biden.
Oh, I hope so. I hope Biden swings her way during the debates. And if he don't, another win for Trump as the leftist (AOC/Bernie Bro's) will scream foul and stay home 3-Nov. And no, not even mail it in

Trump could confirm or deny it today by releasing his tax returns... would also save some federal judges some time...

He could and I would suggest maybe they're trying to shame him into doing it? Sure, maybe its true and he can't, right?

At the moment though, the timing remains awfully convenient.

If its true.

But its September 28th, dude.

Sorry, smells like propaganda.

Sorry but any media source, I don't care if its Fox or CNN or whatever. If its September or October, that report should be AUTOMATICALLY suspect.

They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
I don't understand your argument. Are you suggesting that what the Times printed is not true? That's a steep hill to climb. Every indication suggests they have their facts 100% correct. Or, are you saying that there is some sort of magical deadline that has been passed where revelations about a presidential candidate cannot be released?

Either way, it smells like denial to me.

Ah, the "Covid isn't a serious illness when compared to the entire population -- and, who cares anyway if it is, it mainly kills people over 70, who don't matter," excuse.

They keep telling the Olds they need to just stfu and die over covid, and keep waving it in everyone’s face like it’s a winning lottery ticket. Trump has broken *all* of them so bad.

I don't understand your argument. Are you suggesting that what the Times printed is not true?

Absolutely. They have not sustained any burden of proof here. Their statements are literally double hearsay.

That's a steep hill to climb.

No, its not.

Every indication suggests they have their facts 100% correct.

No, there's not actually. There is no indication here that this isn't propaganda.

Or, are you saying that there is some sort of magical deadline that has been passed where revelations about a presidential candidate cannot be released?

Oh, no, you can release it, basic I Amendment, but the timing of the release is inherently suspect.

Either way, it smells like denial to me.

It fuels your narrative so you want to believe and badly I might add.

Its September 28th and there are trillions of dollars on the line.

Yes, the NY Times is left wing propaganda, hate to break that to you. Fox is right wing propaganda.

Know propaganda when you see it.

There is nothing illegal about the NYT getting these tax returns from someone.

Well, that is laughably, stupidly, mind numbingly false: 26 U.S.C. § 7213(a)(3)

Disclosure of a person's tax records is a felony, and the NYT doesn't get to skate in participating in that felony. All they have done is make themselves open to both a federal investigation and a civil suit. This isn't a "freedom of the press" issue, the NYT broke the law by just reading the tax documents without authorization... and made all the worse by then disclosing the contents of those illegally acquired records.

Accelerated depreciation can result in that situation.
Accelerated depreciation deductions are helpful for new businesses who may be having short-term cash-flow problems. But when someone takes depreciation of properties, those properties must actually show depreciation. Trump can't simply buy a property for $150 million one year ad sell it for $300 million a year later and claim depreciation on that property.

Well, that is laughably, stupidly, mind numbingly false: 26 U.S.C. § 7213(a)(3)

Disclosure of a person's tax records is a felony, and the NYT doesn't get to skate in participating in that felony. All they have done is make themselves open to both a federal investigation and a civil suit. This isn't a "freedom of the press" issue, the NYT broke the law by just reading the tax documents without authorization... and made all the worse by then disclosing the contents of those illegally acquired records.

Save your legal prowess for traffic court.. you are way out of your league here...

Innocent people don't hide their tax ingo.

OK, go get your 2019 tax records and post them here.

If you don't do it I will assume you are a tax evader.

Because they want the government to make the majority of economic decisions in this country.
Given the Cheater in charge's decisions that is probably not a very good idea. Ohhh. Wait. He is making our economic decisions. No wonder we're screwed.

Back
Top Bottom