• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:1011]TRUMP’S TAXES SHOW CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

LONG-CONCEALED RECORDS SHOW TRUMP’S CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

The Times obtained Donald Trump’s tax information extending over more than two decades, revealing struggling properties, vast write-offs, an audit battle and hundreds of millions in debt coming due.

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.
===============
Well, well. Either he's not the successful businessman that he claims to be and losses more money than he earns or he's a cheat that pays less money in taxes than the working poor.

Romney was attacked during the 2012 election because he only paid 12% in federal tax. How will paying only $750, the highest in decades is going to fly?
And?

I thought the Russians were hiding in there? Another gotcha epic fAiL

The documents show that he ISN'T a crook, actually. The documents show that Trump used the tax law to reduce his tax burden through depreciation of assets and deferment of business losses.

In short, it shows that Trump hired good accountants.

My guess is that you did not actually read the article, and you probably know next to nothing about Trump’s actual history in business, other than the fake glitz.

My guess is that you did not actually read the article, and you probably know next to nothing about Trump’s actual history in business, other than the fake glitz.
Trump University graduate, in all likelihood

Really? lol.... No really, ya'll thought the Russians were in there. hahaha fAiL

He paid more in taxes to foreign governments than his own.

Really? lol.... No really, ya'll thought the Russians were in there. hahaha fAiL
Save the laughter @VySky, the investigation is under way. Erik Trump will be questioned by the SDNY before Oct. 7th. Trump's tax returns show payments made to foreign governments and we all want to know why that happened. Nobody is writing off Russia or Saudi Arabia as possibly having leverage over Trump and his presidency.

Save the laughter @VySky, the investigation is under way. Erik Trump will be questioned by the SDNY before Oct. 7th. Trump's tax returns show payments made to foreign governments and we all want to know why that happened. Nobody is writing off Russia or Saudi Arabia as possibly having leverage over Trump and his presidency.
((((yawn)))) Good luck with that

MTAtech said:
Perhaps you weren't paying attention. His daughter set up a consulting firm and her father "paid" that firm over $750,000, which he then deducted on his taxes. That's called a sham transaction and it's illegal tax evasion and easy to prove in court.
"What did you consult on, Mrs. Kushner, to earn three quarters of a million dollars?" "How many hours did you bill?"

prove it is illegal or a sham.
not that you can or will.

sucks the law says otherwise.
again tds pill swallowers are going to be disappointed once again.
Ludin, I don't have to prove anything. That will be the job of prosecutors.

The facts are that the Times found that Ivanka Trump filed [financial disclosures] when she joined the White House staff in 2017. Ms. Trump reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622, that exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization for hotel projects in Vancouver and Hawaii.
Ms. Trump had been an executive officer of the Trump companies that received profits from and paid the consulting fees for both projects — meaning she appears to have been treated as a consultant on the same hotel deals that she helped manage as part of her job at her father’s business.
When asked about the arrangement, the Trump Organization lawyer, Mr. Garten, did not comment.
Employers can deduct consulting fees as a business expense and also avoid the withholding taxes that apply to wages. To claim the deduction, the consulting arrangement must be an “ordinary and necessary” part of running the business, with fees that are reasonable and market-based, according to the I.R.S. The recipient of the fees is still required to pay income tax.
The I.R.S. has pursued civil penalties against some business owners who devised schemes to avoid taxes by paying exorbitant fees to related parties who were not in fact independent contractors. A 2011 tax court case centered on the I.R.S.’s denial of almost $3 million in deductions for consulting fees the partners in an Illinois accounting firm paid themselves via corporations they created. The court concluded that the partners had structured the fees to “distribute profits, not to compensate for services.”
Faced with the obvious fact that your false savior is a crook, you lash out and insult me -- accusting me of TDS. I think you have TDS -- Trump Defense Syndrome -- the emotional feeling that his supporters have to defend every egregious and dishonorable offense, that this guy who has conned millions of Americans into thinking he is someone he is not.

It's illegal to file income tax returns to the US IRS that show profound losses while at the same time on financial disclosure showing immense profits. The two things don't square.

Trump's financial disclosure shows hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue but no information about where all that money came from. Trump’s refusal to divest from his business empire created a situation where special interests, foreign governments, and others are trying to curry favor with his administration by patronizing and spending more at his properties. Trump’s stake in these businesses has led to more than 3,200 conflicts of interest since he took office.

Trump’s annual disclosure is a reminder that a president who routinely promotes his businesses in an official capacity while his corporations haul in hundreds of millions of dollars from mostly unknown sources is a clear case of corruption. And yes, in the end, we're all going to see direct ties to the Kremlin, exactly what we've been saying for four years.

It's illegal to file income tax returns to the US IRS that show profound losses while at the same time on financial disclosure showing immense profits. The two things don't square.

Trump's financial disclosure shows hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue but no information about where all that money came from. Trump’s refusal to divest from his business empire created a situation where special interests, foreign governments, and others are trying to curry favor with his administration by patronizing and spending more at his properties. Trump’s stake in these businesses has led to more than 3,200 conflicts of interest since he took office.

Trump’s annual disclosure is a reminder that a president who routinely promotes his businesses in an official capacity while his corporations haul in hundreds of millions of dollars from mostly unknown sources is a clear case of corruption. And yes, in the end, we're all going to see direct ties to the Kremlin, exactly what we've been saying for four years.
He did divest from interest. I'm confident there are records to justify deductions. But we're not entitled to see them

Accelerated depreciation can result in that situation.

He made money off international business deals *while* president.

Shall *I* keep going or are you comfortable that we understand you just want to vote for Donald Trump? I mean, no one cares about *that*. The TRump base throwing this country overboard cause they think they’re ownin‘ libtards is dog-bites-man story. No one wants your vote anymore cause it was never for the getting.

Who f***ing cares ? He's a crook and now we know the details.

For Chrissakes he's said it enough himself in public, "because I'm smart". He said, he could "shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose any voters". He's been screaming who he is from the rooftops for f***ing years and now it's some leaker's fault?

I don't give a damn who leaked it or if you think it's illegal. I don't give a flying rat's ass where it came from, the public has a right to know. What a lame ass deflection.

And knowing this is fun too.
So...to summarize the attitude of you and everyone else who answered me...

"The ends justify any means...even if those means are illegal, immoral, unethical or corrupt."

Moving on...

He made money off international business deals *while* president.

Shall *I* keep going or are you comfortable that we understand you just want to vote for Donald Trump? I mean, no one cares about *that*. The TRump base throwing this country overboard cause they think they’re ownin‘ libtards is dog-bites-man story. No one wants your vote anymore cause it was never for the getting.
Because the Democrat/AOC leftist Bernie screwing over Democrats have nothing to offer me. Zippo.

Without the physical returns and relying on a source in the election window, some need to explain why the timing on not-quite-yet-October surprises aren't presumptively suspect. At the end of the day, it could be true, but right now this does smell like double hearsay propaganda.

HumblePi said:

((((yawn)))) Good luck with that
I guess this is the part where the MAGAanderthals go into denial after the person they have been worshiping over the last four years he has been exposed as a tax-cheat and perhaps the worst businessman in the world -- not being about to turn a profit in decades -- and could only show outwardly richness by accepting emoluments from foreign interests who want something in return.

I did read it. There is no law breaking documented. It details the volatility of the real estate business and the authors of the piece try REALLY hard to find wrongdoing but only prove that the conspiracy theory of Trump's financial ties to Russia were bullshit... AND, for good measure, they repeatedly make the economically illiterate mistake of conflating revenue and profit.

They found nothing, and they are trying to convince the idiots that they did.

Back
Top Bottom