• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

VySky's Weekly Devotional

And it says nothing about pants
Would you rather talk about dresses then?

de85fa354004135309309653f0a4cc6a.jpg

Screenshot-2022-11-13-at-8.13.49-PM-800x532.jpg

199-580576.jpg

Monday
May 1, 2023

Refusing to Believe (NIV)

Matthew 10:14-15

14) If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

15) Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

2 Timothy 4:3
3) For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Jeremiah 13:10
10) These wicked people, who refuse to listen to my words, who follow the stubbornness of their hearts and go after other gods to serve and worship them, will be like this belt—completely useless!

2 Peter 2:5-7
5) if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;

6) if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;

7) and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless

Romans 10:16-21

16) But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?”[h]

17) Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

18) But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did:

“Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.”[i]

19) Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says,
“I will make you envious by those who are not a nation;
I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding.”[j]

20) And Isaiah boldly says,
“I was found by those who did not seek me;
I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me.”[k]

21) But concerning Israel he says,
“All day long I have held out my hands
to a disobedient and obstinate people.”[l]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comments- There are no less than 34 versus of scripture in bible about those refusing to believe in God and that Jesus is the son of God and walked in the flesh. Suffered as a man on a cross dying the most horrific death. The Romans were very good at crucifixion and took great pride in killing Jesus. But woe to those who have heard the word of God and turn their backs. Woe to the wicked who will not repent. If you do not hear God's voice its time for a gut check. Time to get real with yourself and ask why not? Why hasn't God called you, or maybe he has?

There is still time friend. Accept Christ as your Lord and Savior and you will be saved. For it is written that God's house has many rooms and he is preparing a place just for you. It will be waiting.

Matthew 14:1-4
1) “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
2) My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
4) You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Lord God please bless this reading of your Holy Word

AMEN 🙏

*Looks like that rodent was right. Old man winter is not going away nicely. Been blowing for days with more to come. We're running 10 degrees cooler than normal.

Enjoy your week everyone.

Monday
May 8, 2023

Hagar and Ishmael

Genesis 16:1-16 NIV

16) Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian slave named Hagar;

2) so she said to Abram, “The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.”
Abram agreed to what Sarai said.

3) So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife.

4) He slept with Hagar, and she conceived.
When she knew she was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress.

5) Then Sarai said to Abram, “You are responsible for the wrong I am suffering. I put my slave in your arms, and now that she knows she is pregnant, she despises me. May the Lord judge between you and me.”

6) “Your slave is in your hands,” Abram said. “Do with her whatever you think best.” Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her.

7) The angel of the Lord found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur.

8) And he said, “Hagar, slave of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?”
“I’m running away from my mistress Sarai,” she answered.

9) Then the angel of the Lord told her, “Go back to your mistress and submit to her.”

10) The angel added, “I will increase your descendants so much that they will be too numerous to count.”

11) The angel of the Lord also said to her:
“You are now pregnant
and you will give birth to a son.
You shall name him Ishmael,[a]
for the Lord has heard of your misery.

12) He will be a wild donkey of a man;
his hand will be against everyone
and everyone’s hand against him,
and he will live in hostility
toward all his brothers.”

13) She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”

14) That is why the well was called Beer Lahai Roi; it is still there, between Kadeshand Bered.

15) So Hagar bore Abram a son, and Abram gave the name Ishmael to the son she had borne.

16) Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar bore him Ishmael.

==============

Comments- Here in Genesis we find scripture where God Gives Abraham a son but not by Sara his wife, but her Egyptian slave named Hagar.

Versus 2-4 we find that Abraham agreed. Slept with Hagar and she conceived. But then Hagar became bitter and began to despise Sarah.

In verse 5 I think most men who read that verse think.. Wow, I did what you asked me to do, slept with your slave, but now you are blaming it all on me for the fallout.

v6 Abraham tells Sarah she's your slave, do with her as you please. So Sarah started to mistreat Hagar to the point where Hagar fled,

v7-9 finds Hagar meeting an angel of the Lord who told her to go back and submit to her mistress.

v10 the Angel tells Hagar that her descendants will be to numerous to count.

v11 The angel told Hagar he she would bare a son and would name him Ishmael

v12-16 Sarah and Abraham did as the lord instructed. Abraham was 86 years old when Hagar bore him Ishmael.

It is generally accepted this is where the modern day Christian/Muslim split happened. We know later through scripture that Hagar and Ishamel were sent away and that Ishmael was raised in the desert of Paran which scholars believe to be the Gaza Strip.
We will find later when we look at the story of Issac how God made his covenant with Abraham through his 'seed' Issac.

God please bless this reading of your Holy Word!

AMEN! 🙏

Enjoy your week

Monday
May 15, 2023

Hebrews 12:7-8 NIV

7) Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father?

8) If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all.

=====================

Comments- God tells us in scripture that we will face trials (hardship) in our lives. That he will test our faith. We can find some examples in the book of James;

James 1:2-3 -

2 ) Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

3) Because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

James 3:12- Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

God has us face trials and with the endurance God gives us to 'finish', we come out prepared to help others when they are faced with adversity in their lives.

Romans 5:3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

II Corinthians 12:10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

As we saw in Hebrews above God is our father and he treats us like his children. How cool is that? The verse completely underscores that a father is needed in the family to provide discipline to his children to help in them grow up in ways of the Lord. And when we face hardship, do not despair, for the Holy Spirit is in you and will give you the strength needed to endure to the end. The faith that comes through grace which is a gift from God. God test his elect. He tested Abraham, Job, etc. and God even allowed Jesus to be tested by Satan. We are to endure, persevere, finish the race. For it is written;

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Oh Lord God, father, please Bless this reading of your Holy word. AMEN! 🙏

* Next Monday may be my last weekly posting for this thread. When I started it I planned to do it for 1 year and here we are. Didn't know if I could, or if I even wanted to. I prayed about it and God put it on my heart to at least give it a try. As I mentioned, next Monday may be my last post but I am going to continue to pray about it and maybe God wants me to continue.

Meanwhile, I wait on the Lord.

Its a peaceful place.

Have a great week folks.

Monday
May 22,2023

John 3:16-18 NKJV

16)“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

17) For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18)“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

Comments- /thread

Back
Top Bottom