• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vox: New term alert

Atreus21

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Looks like the term Natural Gas sounds too natural, so to get it needs to be renamed to "Fossil Gas".

Democrats. please update your algorithms.

Looks like the term Natural Gas sounds too natural, so to get it needs to be renamed to "Fossil Gas".

I don't care want we call it as long as we move towards getting rid of our dependence on it.

That's a very good article that makes a good point. Apparently it's lost on the OP?

I'll just stick with methane. thanks.

What is natural gas?​

Natural gas is a fossil energy source that formed deep beneath the earth's surface. Natural gas contains many different compounds. The largest component of natural gas is methane, a compound with one carbon atom and four hydrogen atoms (CH4). Natural gas also contains smaller amounts of natural gas liquids (NGLs, which are also hydrocarbon gas liquids), and nonhydrocarbon gases, such as carbon dioxide and water vapor. We use natural gas as a fuel and to make materials and chemicals.

I'm surprised they didn't call it Trump Ultra MAGA Climate Rape Vapors.

How many grumbles and how much frothing at the mouth is required to show proper outrage at this? Is 2 grumbles and a bit of spittle enough, or do I need to go full on rabid racoon froth?

Typical of the libs...always trying to find a new name for things to suit their narrative.

Typical of the libs...always trying to find a new name for things to suit their narrative.
Yeah! Damn liberals always sayin', fake news, snowflake, TDS, libtard, mainstream news, herd immunity, cancel culture, supply side economics, woke, witch hunt, collusion... They just won't stop!

Alot of things are natural and also harmful.

Dumb article.

How many grumbles and how much frothing at the mouth is required to show proper outrage at this? Is 2 grumbles and a bit of spittle enough, or do I need to go full on rabid racoon froth?
Right-wingers sometimes seem to enjoy attempting sarcasm thinking they're making some point, not realizing they're oblivious to the topic. Bottom line, it appears they are clueless about the issue, and sort of mindlessly oppose any policy to prevent the harm causing the harm after which they'll say it's Democrats' fault.

I mean, it is a bit vague.
Technically, when I fart it's natural gas.

Or the methane extracted from lakes of cow poo to power electric generator like one dairy farm was experimenting with.
Also natural gas.

"Fossil Gas" is only slightly less vague.

The point of the article is that what it's called has a big effect on people supporting reducing it.

Less evolved people don't understand the role of the subconscience.

They come with with I call a "push, shove" understanding of the world to the exclusion of all subtlety no matter how powerful it may be.

Natural gas isn't natural.
"Mercaptan is the additive that is added to natural gas to make it easier to detect in case of a leak. The most important thing to know about mercaptan is that it stinks. Some people compare it to the smell of rotten eggs."

I mean, it is a bit vague.
Technically, when I fart it's natural gas.

Or the methane extracted from lakes of cow poo to power electric generator like one dairy farm was experimenting with.
Also natural gas.

"Fossil Gas" is only slightly less vague.
I think the point wasn't about the vagueness of the term natural gas. It's referring to one specific thing, the gas being captured in massive quantities and used for energy. Rather, it's about the name used for it - one that makes many people think it's clean and natural', versus one that more accurately links it to 'fossil fuel' causing harm to the environment.

I think the point wasn't about the vagueness of the term natural gas. It's referring to one specific thing, the gas being captured in massive quantities and used for energy. Rather, it's about the name used for it - one that makes many people think it's clean and natural', versus one that more accurately links it to 'fossil fuel' causing harm to the environment.
Yeah, that is definite branding to hide it's reality.

It might be cleaner than some other stuff we burn to produce energy, but it's still being burnt and generates greenhouse gases. Also I think it is one by itself, if it just leaks out? Need to check on that to be sure.

Edit: Yep, it is.
And depending on how bad the leakage is, it can have a similar carbon footprint to other fossil fuels.

Yeah! Damn liberals always sayin', fake news, snowflake, TDS, libtard, mainstream news, herd immunity, cancel culture, supply side economics, woke, witch hunt, collusion... They just won't stop!
At least they don't embarrassed themselves and have to change the name all the time

1653431900290.png

We had Mexican last night. I can give you the real definition of natural gas.

Sure, like "pro-life" rather than the more accurate "authoritarian christo-fascist".

Nice little propaganda campaign. They should stick to natural gas is what’s used to Dutch oven a loved one.

Nice little propaganda campaign. They should stick to natural gas is what’s used to Dutch oven a loved one.
Speaking of that it used to be $600 bucks why did it get so expensive?

Speaking of that it used to be $600 bucks why did it get so expensive?

Not the Dutch oven I was thinking but dying ain’t cheap

Back
Top Bottom