• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Violent Trump parody video shown at supporters conference in Miami

RaleBulgarian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A graphic video shown to supporters at a recent pro-Trump conference in Miami has (rightly) angered many Americans. This is typical of Trump and many of his followers.

Warning: The attached video may be upsetting to some.
YouTube

“A disturbing video depicting President Trump shooting, stabbing and setting on fire critics and the media was played at a conference held by a pro-Trump group at his Miami resort.

The video rampage was shown during a three-day conference held by American Priority at Trump's National Doral Miami, according to the organizers.

In the parody video, Trump's head is superimposed on the body of a man opening fire inside the "Church of Fake News," according to The New York Times, which first reported the playing of the video.

The churchgoers' faces have been edited to include several political critics including the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.; Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.; Rep. Maxine Walters, D-Calif.;and Hillary Clinton as well as logos of various news organizations, including CNN, The Washington Post, Politico and NPR.

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a tweet Monday morning that the president had yet to see the video but that he condemns the contents based on reports. She said he would see it shortly. Trump has yet to respond directly.”
Video Of Fake Trump Shooting, Stabbing Critics And Media Played At Trump Resort : NPR

Frankly, I’m not buying anything Ms. Grisham is selling. On numerous occasions, Trump and his supporters have approved, and even endorsed violence against the media and others not on the Trump Kool-Aid train.

If the Dems, or any other group, produced a similar video depicting bloody, violent acts against Trump, conservative officials and media personalities, his supporters would be absolutely apoplectic.

This **** needs to end.

A graphic video shown to supporters at a recent pro-Trump conference in Miami has (rightly) angered many Americans. This is typical of Trump and many of his followers.

YouTube

“A disturbing video depicting President Trump shooting, stabbing and setting on fire critics and the media was played at a conference held by a pro-Trump group at his Miami resort.

The video rampage was shown during a three-day conference held by American Priority at Trump's National Doral Miami, according to the organizers.

In the parody video, Trump's head is superimposed on the body of a man opening fire inside the "Church of Fake News," according to The New York Times, which first reported the playing of the video.

The churchgoers' faces have been edited to include several political critics including the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.; Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.; Rep. Maxine Walters, D-Calif.;and Hillary Clinton as well as logos of various news organizations, including CNN, The Washington Post, Politico and NPR.

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a tweet Monday morning that the president had yet to see the video but that he condemns the contents based on reports. She said he would see it shortly. Trump has yet to respond directly.”
Video Of Fake Trump Shooting, Stabbing Critics And Media Played At Trump Resort : NPR

Frankly, I’m not buying anything Ms. Grisham is selling. On numerous occasions, Trump and his supporters have approved, and even endorsed violence against the media and others not on the Trump Kool-Aid train.

If the Dems, or any other group, produced a similar video depicting bloody, violent acts against Trump, conservative officials and media personalities, his supporters would be absolutely apoplectic.

This **** needs to end.

They HAVE. Where have you been?

Trump is scum. The Deplorables who support him are also scum. People who enable his hate and excuse his hate are just as guilty.

Trump gave official permission for the far right wing hate crown to emerge from underneath their rocks and come out in the bright light of day. This is but the latest example.

Where is this supposed video that the democrats produced?

Texas teacher suspended over anti-Trump stunt - CBS News

Mock Assassination of President Trump Stirs Strong Reaction

Illinois GOP Calls Mock Assassination of Donald Trump at Democratic Fundraiser 'Inexcusable'

Snoop Dogg 'shoots' Trump clown in new video - CNN

Trump Assassination Play Is Sponsored By The New York Times - Big League Politics

kathy-griffin-trump-head-1120.jpg

I suppose you're going to motte-and-bailey this, right?

YouTube

This **** needs to end.

He is your leader. Show some respect.

YouTube

[...]

This **** needs to end.

If anyone ever tried to put up a video of Trump being stabbed and shot, Secret Service would be knocking on their door.
Mr. Trump's supporters seem to feel that he has so many enemies that he is compelled to go on a mass murder spree.

We already know that, Mr. Trump...we've been living with the consequences of your rhetoric.

ShooterWB2.jpg

I never ever thought I would have to seriously think through plans for having to deal with random individual angry political fanatics in order to protect myself and my family, but that is exactly what a lot of people have had to think about lately, thanks to you and your sick-minded followers.

This **** needs to end.

First of all, the video was not played at the conference but rather on a small TV in one of the other rooms.

Second, the WH had immediately issued a condemnation of that video when the NYT first reported it.

Those were not produced by the DNC. The DNC also did not support them. Have you seen they shown at campaign rallies of Bernie, Liz or others?

Yeah, that's what I figured -- motte-and-bailey. Being "produced by the DNC" or "the DNC supporting them" isn't what RaleBulgarian said.

If anyone ever tried to put up a video of Trump being stabbed and shot, Secret Service would be knocking on their door.
Mr. Trump's supporters seem to feel that he has so many enemies that he is compelled to go on a mass murder spree.

We already know that, Mr. Trump...we've been living with the consequences of your rhetoric.

View attachment 67266191

I never ever thought I would have to seriously think through plans for having to deal with random individual angry political fanatics in order to protect myself and my family, but that is exactly what a lot of people have had to think about lately, thanks to you and your sick-minded followers.

Nobody's coming after you or your family. Nobody.

YouTube

This **** needs to end.

Trump is LITERALLY all 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse!!!

In full Nazi regalia!!!!!!!!

:eek:

:donkeyfla:

Yeah, that's what I figured -- motte-and-bailey. Being "produced by the DNC" or "the DNC supporting them" isn't what RaleBulgarian said.

Anyone can create an offensive video because of our free speech rights, but that doesn't mean that it is endorsed by the DNC or a national candidate.

Anyone can create an offensive video because of our free speech rights, but that doesn't mean that it is endorsed by the DNC or a national candidate.

Have fun in your little motte.

Those were not produced by the DNC. The DNC also did not support them. Have you seen they shown at campaign rallies of Bernie, Liz or others?

Since as of this writing we don't know who made the video, and since the event's organizer denies knowledge of it, there's no proof that the RNC was complicit here.

Trump is scum. The Deplorables who support him are also scum. People who enable his hate and excuse his hate are just as guilty.

Trump gave official permission for the far right wing hate crown to emerge from underneath their rocks and come out in the bright light of day. This is but the latest example.

tumblr_p2es9ctH4Y1vfmb0jo1_400.png

Since as of this writing we don't know who made the video, and since the event's organizer denies knowledge of it, there's no proof that the RNC was complicit here.

If it was shown at a Trump rally then the RNC are complicit, unless they plan to argue that Trump isn't a Republican and they disavow any relationship.

Show me where I said anyone was "coming after me and my family".
I said that for the first time, I've had to give thought as to what to do to protect myself from these random idiots, but I never said that I thought any of them were specifically "coming after me or my family".

They are random idiots, and random idiots seldom take the time or trouble to pin down specifics, but their random violent impulses can spark pandemonium anywhere they happen to be, if their logic breaks down, if their sense of decency evaporates or if it's just a case of their meds wearing off.

They don't have to be coming after anybody specific, you can just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and with an idiot like Trump egging them on and tacitly giving them license, there's now more of them out and about than before, and they are emboldened by being told that their actions (at least the way they intepret it) are "patriotic".

Now, if you'll kindly spend a little less time imagining what the cardboard cutout of me residing in your head thinks and spend a little more time worrying about your own family, perhaps we can stop making this about Harshaw's imaginary friend that lives in his head and make it more about the subject at hand, which is a sick-minded video made by more of Trump's sick-minded admirers.

Total fail. Your examples are all private individuals and small groups. None are sponsored by the Democratic Party or presented to Democrat audiences at Democratic events.

The video shown in Miami was produced by Trump supporters and shown, as part of the conference, to all in attendance.

Why are you bringing the DNC into this, Lisa? Did the RNC produce the video above, or did the RNC support them?

Show me where I said anyone was "coming after me and my family".
I said that for the first time, I've had to give thought as to what to do to protect myself from these random idiots

If they're not coming after you or your family, and you know they're not, why do you "have" to think about protecting yourself and your family from them?

Now, if you'll kindly spend a little less time imagining what the cardboard cutout of me residing in your head thinks

Dude, when you try to make just about every thread about you personally (nice restraint in not posting a photo of yourself, by the way), then you make it about you. I don't.

strange how we Jews have to up the security at our synagogues from attacks from the rightwing terrorists who echo trumps screed

as per one example

Trump takes a side in Portland's far-right rally. Some local Jews say it's the wrong side. - Jewish Telegraphic Agency

trump emboldens the violent crazies

A little more than a week before the 2018 midterm elections, a right-wing extremist walked into Tree of Life/Or L’Simcha Congregation in Pittsburgh, opened fire, and massacred 11 mostly elderly congregants who had arrived early for Sabbath prayers. The perpetrator wanted to attack Jews—and this congregation in particular—for their support of refugee resettlement work done by HIAS. Originally founded in 1881 as the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, the organization, which now simply goes by HIAS, resettles mostly non-Jewish refugees displaced by war, famine, and climate change. In a Twitter missive the prior week, Trump claimed without evidence that “unknown Middle Easterners” had infiltrated the migrant caravan that was then making its way to the Mexico-United States border. The “tired…poor…homeless, tempest-tost” Central American “masses yearning to breathe free,” as Emma Lazarus might have viewed them, were, in Trump’s logic, ominous others seeking to undermine American prosperity and freedom. For the gunman, inflammatory rhetoric and a staunch anti-immigrant policy served as incitement to violence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom