• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vindictive misuse of the Anti-Terrorism Act?

-- Not that facts will stop Cameron and UKIP from exploiting any comments that are critical and coming from the Council of Europe.. by painting it as if it is from the EU.. after that is what they do every freaking time.

That's what I was getting at. The Govt is in trouble and it will be worse if the courts find against it as two senior members (Cameron and Theresa May) were in the loop from before the arrest / detention was made.

The attempt to deflect will be that it's the EU meddling (not that they are - just the claim will be the attempt)

That's what I was getting at. The Govt is in trouble and it will be worse if the courts find against it as two senior members (Cameron and Theresa May) were in the loop from before the arrest / detention was made.

The attempt to deflect will be that it's the EU meddling (not that they are - just the claim will be the attempt)

I remember reading an article last year in which a UKIP spokesperson, might have been an MEP, saying that the reason the UK did so badly in Eurovision was because everyone was pissed off at them for their behaviour on the EU. What is the appropriate response to such idiocy other than to laugh at it?

Thread: Vindictive misuse of the Anti-Terrorism Act?

Yes. And pure stupidity. The effects:

1) International embarrassment for the UK (that stupid freedom of the press thing, why can't people just forget it).

2) GCHQ might get to read a few things before they end up in the newspaper

3) The Greenwalds will not fly via Heathrow anymore.

Mission accomplished.

Back
Top Bottom