• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video Shows Texas School Officer Body-Slamming 12-Year-Old Girl

You should first have a conversation with your daughter regarding her parenting...and then perhaps yourself regarding your parenting. But that's if it were your daughter.

Reports state she was constantly harassed. We do know from lawsuits that far to many schools take little to no action.

Reports state she was constantly harassed. We do know from lawsuits that far to many schools take little to no action.

No, that's what her mother states. Her mother also admits she has "problems". She's got a history of fighting.

No, that's what her mother states. Her mother also admits she has "problems". She's got a history of fighting.
It appears she was constantly harassed, she decided to fight back or be on the end of a **** kicking. The reports of harassment to the school, apparently went unheeded and unaddressed. But according to reports, the fight had not begun.

It appears she was constantly harassed, she decided to fight back or be on the end of a **** kicking. The reports of harassment to the school, apparently went unheeded and unaddressed. But according to reports, the fight had not begun.

The first reports I read on this, now buried by a thousand other links to the video, mention the girl has a long history of fighting at that school. Her mother makes excuses for her behavior. And you must be at least a little suspicious of a video so obviously edited.

Have you not read much on this story?

Texas school police officer is caught on camera body slamming 12-year-old girl | Daily Mail Online

I didn't realize that kids were supposed to be kicking cops. Live and learn, I guess. :roll:

We'll ignore the tone. You support this, I do not. That's clear.

But think of this, considering there were at least a dozen better ways of handling that, look at the result. Now the cop haters have surfaced, and more are being made.

It was stupid policing which went 180 degrees against the assignment of the peace officer and that is to de-escalate and restore order. He could have killed her, there will be lawsuits, the video is viral and the dumb prick will likely have to fight to keep his job.

Again, considering he had many alternatives you still think this was the best way?

I happen to like cops, as a reporter I saw them more often in life saving roles not life taking. Every officer I have met see their job in that perspective. And so with that I say this asshole set back police/community relations a quantum amount. And you may not know, but what every cop knows is that you are totally ineffective with the overall support of the community.

He had the choice of forcing her to the ground, face down, back to him, and subdued her. At the same time requesting assistance.

What assistance was available?

As far as his choice, he did force her down. The question is should he have done it slowly or fast? If he'd have done it slowly its quite possible that her kicks would have landed on his balls. The quick option was the best due to that alone.

While the clip does not show what premeditated this incident... For all intents and purposes it does appear to be a staggering overreaction by the officer.

She could have literally cooked an eaten a live baby in front of the officer while shouting "HAIL SATAN-HITLER", and then fired a bazooka at him (missing, presumably, given his condition) From the moment the video starts, that body slam was nowhere near justified.

Again, considering he had many alternatives you still think this was the best way?

I believe I have said from the beginning that I am not certain it was the best way. We don't have the entire story and I cannot decide at this point. I am nearly certain there is video preceding the actual take down that the mom and/or blogger chose not to release in order to protect the daughter. I also highly suspect the daughter is lying about what occurred, because she is trying to protect herself.

I will say I don't care about he pleas to emotion "it was just a teenage girl". If she was resisting and attempting to injure the cop, the cop has the necessity to make an immediate decision to try to get things back under control.

I believe I have said from the beginning that I am not certain it was the best way. We don't have the entire story and I cannot decide at this point. I am nearly certain there is video preceding the actual take down that the mom and/or blogger chose not to release in order to protect the daughter. I also highly suspect the daughter is lying about what occurred, because she is trying to protect herself.

I will say I don't care about he pleas to emotion "it was just a teenage girl". If she was resisting and attempting to injure the cop, the cop has the necessity to make an immediate decision to try to get things back under control.

Were I a cop I would be riding this asshole "so, you can't handle a 12 year girl." My apologies but I do make a difference when a child is involved and I know how easily the face plant and ensuing negative reputation about cops could have been avoided.

Just another huge 'duh.'

How many times do cops, security guards, 'resource officers' and their overseeing agencies or employers need to see this stuff before they come up with better plans for restraint or retreat or removing the OTHERS from the vicinity if there is a question of safety?

Are they really so foolish, so deep in denial, after all these situations, that they ignore that ANYONE of any age can fight back...kicking, punching, spitting, slapping, hair pulling, etc...when they refuse to submit and resist? And yet they still wade in and then claim, "I had to, she/he resisted!"

Edit: IMO, many are not prepared for escalation. They dont believe they'll run into that level of resistance and so they just wade in, rather than considering what alternatives there are, esp. if it does escalate. This needs to be trained IMO, rather than just reacting with 'the usual.'

Last edited:
Doesn't look very good.

And slamming her on her head seems like an ill advised move.

I'm amazed how often in the heat of the moment, coppers can forget they're always liable to be video'd.

But regardless of all the above, there's not enough preceding context here to make an informed judgement in my opinion.

It's true that things like slaps and spitting or sharp pain can be 'triggers' to aggression but it's not like this is new info and cops are supposed to be trained to overcome and control such spontaneous reactions.

What assistance was available?

As far as his choice, he did force her down. The question is should he have done it slowly or fast? If he'd have done it slowly its quite possible that her kicks would have landed on his balls. The quick option was the best due to that alone.

Or maybe he could have released her, stood between her and escape, and instructed everyone else to leave until the situation was diffused. She was not a danger to others (that he could not have stepped in and stopped *again* if necessary.)

His job isnt to discipline...it's to STOP the threat to safety. That's all. If there are other methods besides physical confrontation or *continued" physical confrontation....why not take them?

Were I a cop I would be riding this asshole "so, you can't handle a 12 year girl." .

Seems to me that the people are upset that he did handle the 12 yo girl. Actually, attempted to "peacefully" at first, but she wasn't interested.

she could have literally cooked an eaten a live baby in front of the officer while shouting "hail satan-hitler", and then fired a bazooka at him (missing, presumably, given his condition) from the moment the video starts, that body slam was nowhere near justified.

lolol

I believe I have said from the beginning that I am not certain it was the best way. We don't have the entire story and I cannot decide at this point.

The story doesnt matter IMO. The officer is (should be) there only to stop a threat to safety....the girl's, the crowd's, or even his own. He should only be reacting to stop that.

The proper authorities can decide later what other influences or circumstances to consider.

Seems to me that the people are upset that he did handle the 12 yo girl. Actually, attempted to "peacefully" at first, but she wasn't interested.

Then perhaps rather than use physical force, he could have had everyone else leave the area. Diffuse the situation. See what happened next.

It was a school, not out on the street dealing with an adult.

No? Well, let's see if anyone was being beaten or needed to be restrained:

Sounds like a beating and a perfectly fine time to restrain to me.

Sorry. Cops have repeatedly lied about what occurred to cover their own asses. So. all we have to go on is what the video showed us and what everyone agreed occurred. That's the only facts we have.

Now, unless you can show me some proof that the girl attacked the officer right off the bat, your point is nonsense. If she was trying to get away from the officer and kicked him in the process because he decided he needed to restraint her, then he's the problem, not the 12 year old.

Sorry. Cops have repeatedly lied about what occurred to cover their own asses. So. all we have to go on is what the video showed us and what everyone agreed occurred. That's the only facts we have.

Now, unless you can show me some proof that the girl attacked the officer right off the bat, your point is nonsense. If she was trying to get away from the officer and kicked him in the process because he decided he needed to restraint her, then he's the problem, not the 12 year old.

A video so severely edited that it shows none of what led to the event. That's the very definition of lying by omission.

Both the girl and the officer involved have records. One of them has a good record, the other, not so much.

It's true that things like slaps and spitting or sharp pain can be 'triggers' to aggression but it's not like this is new info and cops are supposed to be trained to overcome and control such spontaneous reactions.
That's fair & reasonable.

But I (personally) need to see more context in order to make a fully formed opinion.

My thoughts are, the girl is lying when she laughably claims "she would never fight".. and was just going to talk to the mean girl who said some hurtful words (all the while kids gathering in a circle to watch the fight).

My second thought is the girl was trying to hurt the officer with kicks to the groin and legs. This was confirmed by the officer and other students that witnessed the incident.

Not saying it's justified or not, just hard to say for certain based on the little snippet we have... but I absolutely believe the girl is lying.

Nothing you made up here, even if true, justifies the officer's actions in the video.

I went to a big high school. So does my daughter decades later.

I can't think of a single girl from my school or hers that would be in a situation like that.

Raise your damn kids, people.

Ah, I guess that's my fault. I didn't realize that the other 12 year old kids were cops. They must have some kind of 21 jump street program going on at that school.

Some students told KSAT that they had seen Kehm try to resolve the situation peacefully and said he was kicked a number of times – something Janissa denies

Do him harm?

She's a little girl.....

I recall when I was about 10 years old, I was in karate class. I was showing my uncle what I had learned, and got him square in the privates. Years and years later we were talking about it.. and he told me how badly I had hurt him - like nearly permanent disfigurement according to the doctor...

Even though I was just a little boy - skinny for my age.

Back
Top Bottom