• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video shows Black player forced to sit near banana peels

Where is the video of what happened?

Race was already in it. She ignored his request to drop it and instead made a press statement - both the mayor-elect and the head of the school board.
Race was not brought up by Democrats.

However, hazing, since that is what this incident absolutely was, should be brought up and addressed. It may cause some who are hazed to be uncomfortable for being brought into it, I understand that. But she is addressing the incident in a respectful way. She didn't personally share the video, nor did she "out" the person. She did bring up how it is an awful thing to do to someone else, someone who should be your friend, and it is not a joke and it does disrespect that person. That is not something that should be described as "she is taking advantage of the situation". She isn't. It needs to be addressed.

Race was not brought up by Democrats.

However, hazing, since that is what this incident absolutely was, should be brought up and addressed. It may cause some who are hazed to be uncomfortable for being brought into it, I understand that. But she is addressing the incident in a respectful way. She didn't personally share the video, nor did she "out" the person. She did bring up how it is an awful thing to do to someone else, someone who should be your friend, and it is not a joke and it does disrespect that person. That is not something that should be described as "she is taking advantage of the situation". She isn't. It needs to be addressed.

OK..

Where is the video of what happened?
But it is Democrats who are not holding to the request of the "victim"?

Spreading that video is an issue. We don't need to know exactly what happened, only that there was a hazing incident that was disrespectful. Enough people have seen the video to confirm that aspect.

Who the victim claims is abusing him is people such as the OPer.

“I want to make it known that I’m fine," the student said. "Everyone is worried about me and showing concern for me and I really appreciate it. Second, can everyone please stop talking about the incident and video? I understand everyone wants justice for me and they want what they think is right to be done, but I already made my feelings known to the police and my friends about how I feel about everything. I love the football team I’m on and they’re good guys. I know that personally. I talked to the people involved individually and they apologized. We had a heartfelt talk about it and I told them how I felt. So please don’t harass, bully, or threaten them at all. Lastly, I want to get my life back together, and my student-athlete life back on track, so if you do ever see me or know who I am, treat me as a human first, not a victim.”

Obviously the OPer totally disagrees and refuses to respect the victim's rights or honor his request for his privacy to be respected in his message. It is such as the OPer who is most victimizing him - and in racial terms. I bet the OPer is a white man.

1. He was a victim, and people who are mad about this aren't more victimizing than those who did the original incident.
2. That is a very mature response. I honestly hope it's all true and those involved really listened and learned.
3. Kids are terrible and with social media all their terrible mistakes are recorded and shown around the world forever. It's not a great dynamic and doesn't give people as much of a chance to grow as people into better people, in the eyes of the public.

Back
Top Bottom