• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vaping and Marijuana: What You Need to Know

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Brought to you by the Partnership to end Addiction, so you can detect their biases. For instance, pot may be habit forming but I proved to myself after years of heavy & frequent use that it was not addictive.

As far as their description of the negative effects of vaping pot is hallucinations. It was my first time seeing things as they are really not was a surprise. I've messed around with the occasional magic mushroom & LSD-25 as well as organic mescaline & am used to seeing crazy things while on them. But this was my first time on pot. This could really mess you up if you were driving a car, for example.
==================================================================================
The practice of using vaping devices to consume marijuana or cannabis products is becoming increasingly widespread. Recent data shows that more than one-fifth of high school seniors have reported vaping marijuana in the past year.[1] At the same time, one of the ingredients present in many marijuana vapes has been linked to a wave of illnesses and deaths impacting people of all ages across the U.S.
Unfortunately, these vaping-related injuries and mortalities are not the only reason parents and caregivers should be concerned about the risks teenagers and young adults face when they vape marijuana.

How it works

Just like nicotine vaping devices, marijuana vapes work by heating a liquid or oil that becomes a vapor the user inhales. Marijuana vaping devices often resemble vaping devices used for nicotine or other e-liquids. For example, PAX is a brand of marijuana vaporizers that closely resemble the popular JUUL devices. Those seeking to vape marijuana can also learn how to “hack” nicotine vapes to work with marijuana from countless YouTube videos and other online resources. (more)
==================================================================================
I enjoy the nearly immediate effect when I smoke it but I'm being forced to go to vaping. I have 2 vaping devices that I need to start exploring.

Brought to you by the Partnership to end Addiction, so you can detect their biases. For instance, pot may be habit forming but I proved to myself after years of heavy & frequent use that it was not addictive.

As far as their description of the negative effects of vaping pot is hallucinations. It was my first time seeing things as they are really not was a surprise. I've messed around with the occasional magic mushroom & LSD-25 as well as organic mescaline & am used to seeing crazy things while on them. But this was my first time on pot. This could really mess you up if you were driving a car, for example.
The practice of using vaping devices to consume marijuana or cannabis products is becoming increasingly widespread. Recent data shows that more than one-fifth of high school seniors have reported vaping marijuana in the past year.[1] At the same time, one of the ingredients present in many marijuana vapes has been linked to a wave of illnesses and deaths impacting people of all ages across the U.S.
Unfortunately, these vaping-related injuries and mortalities are not the only reason parents and caregivers should be concerned about the risks teenagers and young adults face when they vape marijuana.

How it works

Just like nicotine vaping devices, marijuana vapes work by heating a liquid or oil that becomes a vapor the user inhales. Marijuana vaping devices often resemble vaping devices used for nicotine or other e-liquids. For example, PAX is a brand of marijuana vaporizers that closely resemble the popular JUUL devices. Those seeking to vape marijuana can also learn how to “hack” nicotine vapes to work with marijuana from countless YouTube videos and other online resources. (more)
I enjoy the nearly immediate effect when I smoke it but I'm being forced to go to vaping. I have 2 vaping devices that I need to start exploring.

No comments on the website's info other than they seem to think the only vaporizers for weed are oil based cartridges.

You will get the same immediate effects from your vaporizers that you do from smoking. :)

No comments on the website's info other than they seem to think the only vaporizers for weed are oil based cartridges.

You will get the same immediate effects from your vaporizers that you do from smoking. :)
Thanks. I would have expected the same as you are not inhaling tars & other noxious combustion products as you do with smoking. You would be inhaling other terpenes & cannabinoids like CBD & CBN at the same time as they volatilize off when you heat the flower.

And that web site does not present an accurate or balanced view of vaping.

Thanks. I would have expected the same as you are not inhaling tars & other noxious combustion products as you do with smoking. You would be inhaling other terpenes & cannabinoids like CBD & CBN at the same time as they volatilize off when you heat the flower.

And that web site does not present an accurate or balanced view of vaping.

No. The website is clearly anti weed.

Also, look into the temps needed for the various terpenes and cannabinoids. I set my vaporizers at 393F and that covers linalool, which kind of acts like a sedative. There's one of the cannabinoids that has to be in the 400's, but I'm not willing to go that high.

A lot of strains are low in CBD - I buy CBD and CBG flower from cbdhemp direct.

I used my PAX2 just now for the first time. I learned a lot but think I need to find a grinder that will convert bits of flower into very tiny pieces. I also need to find a tamper to use to compact the charge. But it was a superior experience to puffing on a bong.

How it works

I've tried the vaping cartridges, and to be honest, I can't stand them. I find even the best quality ones to be very harsh. If I use one, I have to take a break the next day, or I'm coughing up a lung.

Have you ever thought of dry flower vaporizers? They're not my favorite either, but they are much less harsh, and you get the same instant relief. The vaporizers can be a little on the pricey side, but they are significantly easier on your lungs. The one I bought cost me around $350CDN.

I used my PAX2 just now for the first time. I learned a lot but think I need to find a grinder that will convert bits of flower into very tiny pieces. I also need to find a tamper to use to compact the charge. But it was a superior experience to puffing on a bong.

Ah...actually, I see here you do. Cool! Another thing - the dryer the flower, the better the vape.

Do you have a grinder now? Most grinders seems to do fairly well, and I doubt than you need very tiny pieces, but if you do, the magic-flight grinder gets it very fine. I don't need that degree of fineness for my vaporizers that aren't magic flight, however.

I've tried the vaping cartridges, and to be honest, I can't stand them. I find even the best quality ones to be very harsh. If I use one, I have to take a break the next day, or I'm coughing up a lung.

Have you ever thought of dry flower vaporizers? They're not my favorite either, but they are much less harsh, and you get the same instant relief. The vaporizers can be a little on the pricey side, but they are significantly easier on your lungs. The one I bought cost me around $350CDN.

My PAX2 is a dry flower vaporizer. You can use extracts with an optional accessory.

My second experience with my PAX2 a little while ago. I found that the third heat level is best & tamping down the charge made a big difference. This time I could consistently see the 'smoke' when I exhaled. I took four or five hits but find the effect is not as powerful as taking a couple of bong hits with some extract added to the flower.

My second experience with my PAX2 a little while ago. I found that the third heat level is best & tamping down the charge made a big difference. This time I could consistently see the 'smoke' when I exhaled. I took four or five hits but find the effect is not as powerful as taking a couple of bong hits with some extract added to the flower.

Lol, well no, not as strong without extracts. Much easier on your lungs than the bong tho.

How it works

1) No one has ANY business driving if they're on anything.
2) Kids, teens, etc have no business vaping anything.

I gave up the vape pen devices after they made my lungs scream in agony.
Back to just using the bong, much better.

Go to concentrates. They are cleaner, and you barely do any and it lasts. Your lungs will appr. And, smoking, is a danger with covid.

Back
Top Bottom