• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Utah Bans Transition Care for Transgender Youth

Never said the contrary. Let me guess you didn't even look at the links. By in large, the majority of people who transition, live happier and healthy lives. It's not the job of the government to deny them medical care. All what they are doing is prolonging people's misery. You have yet to show any evidence that our professional medical and psychologically societies are wrong. Absolutely none. These procedures are carefully monitored.
By and large is not good enough for me when we are talking about kids being permanently disfigured

You set that bar way too.low

Okay, then how exactly is prescribing things like puberty blockers different than say prescribing antidepressants for depression or birth control for hormonal issues?

They can have some pretty serious and sometimes permanent side effects.
Because if a child is denied puberty he can never get that back. Ever

Abti depressants do not cause permanent changes

Yes, denied treatment. Forced to live with dysphoria. That is the actual topic of the thread.
No, they are denied treatment while they are children. After that they can do whatever they like.

I think continuing with Vegas is counterproductive.
Since he is right and you are wrong, it probably is best for you to move on if you cant understand that.

You can though… that is literally the whole point, they are made to be reversible. Besides doctors discuss and take into the risks with their patients. And without them you are not treating the gender dysphoria and will quite likely just make it worse.

There are plenty of long-lasting and possibly permanent changes that can occur when antidepressants including things like weight gain to suicidal ideation. I would call death quite a permanent change.

Now I know you're just trolling. I thought it was a joke when you said that earlier, so I ignored it. I refuse to believe that this is a serious comment.

You can though… that is literally the whole point, they are made to be reversible. Besides doctors discuss and take into the risks with their patients. And without them you are not treating the gender dysphoria and will quite likely just make it worse.

There are plenty of long-lasting and possibly permanent changes that can occur when antidepressants including things like weight gain to suicidal ideation. I would call death quite a permanent change.
False. If you don't go thru puberty when you are 20 you will never get that back. Even

Now I know you're just trolling. I thought it was a joke when you said that earlier, so I ignored it. I refuse to believe that this is a serious comment.

Nothing I say to YOU is serious

I'm a kid.....remember.

Hahahahaha

That's because they transitioned. See how that works?
no it isn't. They do not transition, their dysphoria resolves itself. It's literally cited on page 1 of this thread.

Why do you know better than all of our professional medical and psychological societies? Do you treat patients with gender dysphoria?
what do you mean all? puberty blockers and body mutilating surgery in children is not an accepted practice in even a majority of medical professionals, let alone ALL of them lol.

That argument only works if you think gender dysphoria is a choice and does not require treatment.
body mutilating surgery and HARMFUL hormone blockers in CHILDREN is not the proper treatment.

Life or death. Not an elective treatment.
It is not in any way life or death. Stage 4 cancer is life or death. Gender Dysphoria is a mental disorder. The child needs psychiatric treatment, not permanent body mutilation, or harmful hormone blockers.

Okay, then how exactly is prescribing things like puberty blockers different than say prescribing antidepressants for depression or birth control for hormonal issues?
Puberty blockers are harmful as the interfere with a biologically necessary process for the human body.
They can have some pretty serious and sometimes permanent side effects.
Not really. Extreme outliers not withstanding of course.

Really simple quetion for the people in this thread who are mad about people being "denied treatment."

A 13 year old is diagnosed by a mental health professional as having gender dysphoria. His religious fundamentalist parents refuse any social or medical transitioning.
Is the child being abused? And if yes, does this abuse warrant the intervention of the state like in physical or sexual abuse of children?

By and large is not good enough for me when we are talking about kids being permanently disfigured

You set that bar way too.low

They aren't. Kids are not subjected to surgery.

Really simple quetion for the people in this thread who are mad about people being "denied treatment."

A 13 year old is diagnosed by a mental health professional as having gender dysphoria. His religious fundamentalist parents refuse any social or medical transitioning.
Is the child being abused? And if yes, does this abuse warrant the intervention of the state like in physical or sexual abuse of children?

Mental abuse.

So you think the State should intervene, and either take the child from the parents and transition them or force the parents to transition the child?

Perhaps. Better than the kid committing suicide.

I don't believe anyone does surgery on pre-pubescents.

Back
Top Bottom