• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Utah Bans Transition Care for Transgender Youth

Some of the physical changes caused by feminizing hormone therapy can be reversed if you stop taking it. Others, such as breast development, cannot be reversed.

And infertility

You keep saying that... I understand that the argument against hormone treatments being disfiguring just doesn't exist.
Dude I post the evidence and you got nothing

Dismissed

Dude I post the evidence and you got nothing

Dismissed
There is no evidence. There was a study about the risks puberty blockers... which everything carries risk... but that study was about children who were given hormonal therapy for Precocious Puberty and not for Trans Care.

Would anyone advocate not using them to treat Precocious Puberty because of the risk?

There is no evidence. There was a study about the risks puberty blockers... which everything carries risk... but that study was about children who were given hormonal therapy for Precocious Puberty and not for Trans Care.

Would anyone advocate not using them to treat Precocious Puberty because of the risk?
Well the mayo clinic disagrees with you.

But they are only one of the most prestigious medical institutions in the country......we have your opinion!!!!!. Lol

If they detransition, then we can reasonably assume that they were never transgender in the first place, and simply made a poor decision.

Is that a scientific determination? Has it been determined scientifically that transgender is permanent and not transitory?

If they detransition, then we can reasonably assume that they were never transgender in the first place, and simply made a poor decision.
If believing one is the opposite sex, and actually going through medical procedures to look like the opposite sex, doesn't make someone transgender, then WTF does that word even mean now?

Sounds like a No True Scotsman fallacy, combined with a bit of gender mysticism that being trans is some metaphysical state of being.

By the way, laws like this exist so that children DON'T make those poor decisions.

I will say this is what bugs me about the concern trolling for trans teens.

As a straight white dude I have never had to face the trouble that trans people have had to. I know trans people. I understand their struggle the best that I can because I don't know what it feels like to be in the wrong body.

There are not people making laws that question my existence. There are not people making laws that block me from access to health or mental care. That is a thing that is not happening to me.

It is not helping Trans kids to pass laws that bars them from Hormonal or surgical care. The deep concern for their well being should be directed at providing for them and not taking away. That is what would really help them.

Focusing in on the rare instances of surgery also doesn't add anything to this conversation. What these kids need is care and support, not judgement disguised as empathy.
nobody wants to block access to medical or mental care. But mutilating a childs body or irreversibly harming them by blocking puberty is not the correct course of action.

nobody wants to block access to medical or mental care. But mutilating a childs body or irreversibly harming them by blocking puberty is not the correct course of action.
It is not the correct course of action to you.

The treatment that occurs between a Trans Youth, their legal guardian and their doctor is for them to decide.

The State blocking an accepted treatment is not helping them. It is causing active harm.

The treatment that occurs between a Trans Youth, their legal guardian and their doctor is for them to decide.

The State blocking an accepted treatment is not helping them. It is causing active harm.
That's your opinion

or any child. It's child abuse. If they want to mutilate their bodies as an adult, that's different.
Well, no it isn't. We make laws all the time restricting the things parents can do to their children.
It isn't actually. It's stopping child abuse from occurring. Permanent mutilation and irreversible effects of puberty blockers are not the proper treatments for a childs mental illness.

or any child. It's child abuse. If they want to mutilate their bodies as an adult, that's different.

Well, no it isn't. We make laws all the time restricting the things parents can do to their children.

It isn't actually. It's stopping child abuse from occurring. Permanent mutilation and irreversible effects of puberty blockers are not the proper treatments for a childs mental illness.
It is abuse for the State to withhold an accepted treatment for a medical condition.

This isn't empathy that is being shown to the Trans Teens.. it is shitting on them for votes.

It is abuse for the State to withhold an accepted treatment for a medical condition.

This isn't empathy that is being shown to the Trans Teens.. it is shitting on them for votes.
In your opinion

Child abuse is not an accepted or in any way appropriate treatment for a childs mental illness.
Nope. Its stopping child abuse. I just can't get behind your support for mutilating and irreversibly harming children.

In your opinion
It's a moral panic. This isn't about making the handful of trans teens lives better.. it is about ginning up outrage that the evil commies are grooming our youth for mutilation.

This isn't about helping kids... this is about making people angry at an "other" so they will vote.

It's a moral panic. This isn't about making the handful of trans teens lives better.. it is about ginning up outrage that the evil commies are grooming our youth for mutilation.

This isn't about helping kids... this is about making people angry at an "other" so they will vote.
In your opinion. In my opinion you will push for treatments that leave some kids permanently disfigured to promote your political agenda.

I care about ALL kids

Back
Top Bottom