• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Judge: Clinton may be ordered to testify in records case

Beaudreaux

Preserve Protect Defend
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge said Wednesday he may order Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton to testify under oath about whether she used a private email server as secretary of state to evade public records disclosures.

U.S. District Court Judge Emmet G. Sullivan signed an order granting a request from the conservative legal advocacy group Judicial Watch to question six current and former State Department staffers about the creation and purpose of the private email system. Those on the list were some of Clinton's closest aides during her tenure as the nation's top diplomat, including former chief of staff Cheryl D. Mills, deputy chief of staff Huma Abedin and undersecretary Patrick F. Kennedy.

Also set to testify is Bryan Pagliano, the agency employee who was tasked with setting up the clintonemail.com server located in the basement of the New York home Clinton shares with her husband, former President Bill Clinton. Pagliano has previously refused to testify before Congress, citing his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

Based on what might be gleaned in those interviews, which are to be conducted over the next eight weeks, Sullivan says in his order a sworn deposition from Hillary Clinton "may be necessary."

[...]

Right in the middle of her Presidential campaign. As the saying goes, this keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.

Last edited:
She could be a chip off the old Clinton block. Let's see if she ends up getting charged with perjury. LOL.

If Republicans were smart, they would do the following......

1) If she chooses Donald Trump as her running mate, do nothing. However, definitely threaten her with legal action if she doesn't. Promise that no action will be taken if Trump is on her ticket.

2) Between the time she is elected and the time she takes office, do nothing at all.

3) One minute after she takes the oath of office, impeach her ass. Trump becomes president.

LOL.

I wonder if Colin Powell and Condi Rice will also have to testify about why they used private email servers while they were Sec'y of State.

Nah. This is nothing more than yet another in a never-ending series of political vendettas. This time it's conservative advocacy group Judicial Watch. Next time... who knows? Whatever it is, it works. I have a crazy neighbor who insists that Hillary personally ordered the assassination of Ambassador Chris Stevens. I know the term "Haters Gonna Hate" is trite internet slang, but it's actually quite true.

Right in the middle of her Presidential campaign. As the saying goes, this keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.

That private email server was illegal and some of the content was classified Top Secret. Definitely illegal if you or I did it. Look at Petraeus. Most people would already have been indicted for mishandling classified information. This could get Bernie the nomination. That'd suit me just fine.

If Republicans were smart, they would do the following......

1) If she chooses Donald Trump as her running mate, do nothing. However, definitely threaten her with legal action if she doesn't. Promise that no action will be taken if Trump is on her ticket.

2) Between the time she is elected and the time she takes office, do nothing at all.

3) One minute after she takes the oath of office, impeach her ass. Trump becomes president.

LOL.

Damn Dana, that's just evil. I like it.

That private email server was illegal and some of the content was classified Top Secret. Definitely illegal if you or I did it. Look at Petraeus. Most people would already have been indicted for mishandling classified information. This could get Bernie the nomination. That'd suit me just fine.

Actually, it was not classified top secret when it went to her server. Somebody reclassified it afterwards. Which brings up a sticky point. Is it wise to put ANY sensitive data on a private server? I don't think so. She didn't break the law, but her actions here make her unfit to be President, IMHO. However, she could be indicted for lying about it, which she did.

I wonder if Colin Powell and Condi Rice will also have to testify about why they used private email servers while they were Sec'y of State.

Nah. This is nothing more than yet another in a never-ending series of political vendettas. This time it's conservative advocacy group Judicial Watch. Next time... who knows? Whatever it is, it works. I have a crazy neighbor who insists that Hillary personally ordered the assassination of Ambassador Chris Stevens. I know the term "Haters Gonna Hate" is trite internet slang, but it's actually quite true.

It's still possible that if Secretary Clinton actually gets indicted or prosecuted for using a private email server to receive, store, and send classified information (which is actually illegal) then Secretaries Rice and Powell, as well many others that have done the same, could very well be in legal trouble, too.

Retroactively classified. So it's okay to change the rules/law and put you in cuffs for something you, and your predecessors, btw, did years ago? No. It's a sophistical political attack constructed with one goal, and one goal only: Discredit Hillary and keep her from becoming president.

It's still possible that if Secretary Clinton actually gets indicted or prosecuted for using a private email server to receive, store, and send classified information (which is actually illegal) then Secretaries Rice and Powell, as well many others that have done the same, could very well be in legal trouble, too.

No, they won't. They conducted their SOS business in a way that was acceptable during their tenures, and acceptable during Hillary's as well, as far as anyone from the State Dept knew at the time. But Powell and Rice aren't political targets. Hillary is.

All the scrutiny, the "retroactively classified material", come on. It could not be more blatant.

Actually, it was not classified top secret when it went to her server. Somebody reclassified it afterwards. Which brings up a sticky point. Is it wise to put ANY sensitive data on a private server? I don't think so. She didn't break the law, but her actions here make her unfit to be President, IMHO.

It actually appears to be either a combination of already classified data and later classified data, or there is the potential that the classification headers were removed by someone prior to the emails being sent to Clinton - that's why they are going to depose the people listed in the OP article, to find out who removed the classifications. If they get the truth, then Mrs. Clinton may be required to testify under oath, if that truth confirms that headers were changed.

Retroactively classified. So it's okay to change the rules/law and put you in cuffs for something you, and your predecessors, btw, did years ago? No. It's a sophistical political attack constructed with one goal, and one goal only: Discredit Hillary and keep her from becoming president.

You are right on that. Ex Post Facto laws are unconstitutional. However, she did not tell the truth about it in the beginning, which I believe is what the FBI is looking into.

No, they won't. They conducted their SOS business in a way that was acceptable during their tenures, and acceptable during Hillary's as well, as far as anyone from the State Dept knew at the time. But Powell and Rice aren't political targets. Hillary is.

All the scrutiny, the "retroactively classified material", come on. It could not be more blatant.

I don't want to argue with you, because I know how you feel about this - and I think the world of you.

From all facts that are available (which aren't many) and from official statements made by the FBI and a number of federal judges, it appears that she may very well have broken the law. I'm not saying that she may have intentionally broken he law, just that she may have, even inadvertently. Is there politics involved? Of course - she's running for President for goodness sake - it goes with the territory. However, politics will not get her indicted or convicted - only actual evidence of breaking a law will do that.

A lot of the stuff on her server was not yet classified because it didn't go through those cannels yet, as it started with or very close to her. It was her job to decide for herself what of this information needed to be classified, just because it wasn't marked so yet doesn't mean she didn't know better..

You are right on that. Ex Post Facto laws are unconstitutional. However, she did not tell the truth about it in the beginning, which I believe is what the FBI is looking into.

yep, remember Scooter Libby? his lies were no worse than hers and in reality, far less important

I don't want to argue with you, because I know how you feel about this - and I think the world of you.

From all facts that are available (which aren't many) and from official statements made by the FBI and a number of federal judges, it appears that she may very well have broken the law. I'm not saying that she may have intentionally broken he law, just that she may have, even inadvertently. Is there politics involved? Of course - she's running for President for goodness sake - it goes with the territory. However, politics will not get her indicted or convicted - only actual evidence of breaking a law will do that.

Oh, I think the world of you as well. I'm just sick of two decades hearing about Hillary being a lesbian devil incarnate, jokes about her daughter looking like Webb Hubble, her murdering Vince Foster and Chris Stevens, I mean, good lord. The woman is smart as a whip. I can't imagine she would deliberately and deceitfully do something so stupid without having legal opinions up the wazoo before she so much as plugs in a laptop.

Hey, if she really is a deranged witch who did all these things and has gotten away with it by bribing who-knows-who for 20 years, prove it to me and I'll bring the rope! But the "loyal opposition" has been selling the same rumor-mongering, let's-hold-hearings, witch-hunt snake oil for decades, so forgive my skepticism with yet another coincidental "legal scandal" hitting right in the middle of her presidential bid.

Anyway, I'm done here. Y'all can break out the beer and peanuts, and deal the cards! :lol:

Oh, I think the world of you as well. I'm just sick of two decades hearing about Hillary being a lesbian devil incarnate, jokes about her daughter looking like Webb Hubble, her murdering Vince Foster and Chris Stevens, I mean, good lord. The woman is smart as a whip. I can't imagine she would deliberately and deceitfully do something so stupid without having legal opinions up the wazoo before she so much as plugs in a laptop.

Hey, if she really is a deranged witch who did all these things and has gotten away with it by bribing who-knows-who for 20 years, prove it to me and I'll bring the rope! But the "loyal opposition" has been selling the same rumor-mongering, let's-hold-hearings, witch-hunt snake oil for decades, so forgive my skepticism with yet another coincidental "legal scandal" hitting right in the middle of her presidential bid.

Anyway, I'm done here. Y'all can break out the beer and peanuts, and deal the cards! :lol:

Hilary isn't all that bright and while i don't think she killed vince foster-his "suicide" has so many questions that we know that we aren't and never will get the real truth. People who shoot themselves in the head with a handgun are not found lying on their back, with their arms folded with the pistol in their weak hand. Hilary had the advantage of being a big fish in a backwards state where her husband ran the place as he wanted. That allowed her to do all sorts of things that would have merited and garnered critical inquiry in most other areas. She's scum and her attacks on the women her husband victimized should be something all those women who support Hilary mainly due her gender and her alleged status as a champion of female rights, ought to remember.

Hilary isn't all that bright and while i don't think she killed vince foster-his "suicide" has so many questions that we know that we aren't and never will get the real truth. People who shoot themselves in the head with a handgun are not found lying on their back, with their arms folded with the pistol in their weak hand. Hilary had the advantage of being a big fish in a backwards state where her husband ran the place as he wanted. That allowed her to do all sorts of things that would have merited and garnered critical inquiry in most other areas. She's scum and her attacks on the women her husband victimized should be something all those women who support Hilary mainly due her gender and her alleged status as a champion of female rights, ought to remember.

Yea, she did stand by her husband over all that..... Could it have been a threesome? We need to start another investigation. :mrgreen:

Yea, she did stand by her husband over all that..... Could it have been a threesome? We need to start another investigation. :mrgreen:

If people could hear what the people assigned to guard the Clintons when they were in the Oval office had to say about Shillary (and btw most of them liked Bill so this wan't some political based agenda), lots of her fan boys and gaga girls might have second thoughts.

I wonder if Colin Powell and Condi Rice will also have to testify about why they used private email servers while they were Sec'y of State..
It depends on if they gave contradictory statements during an investigation. She probably won't be charged with perjury unless she lied while under oath.

If people could hear what the people assigned to guard the Clintons when they were in the Oval office had to say about Shillary (and btw most of them liked Bill so this wan't some political based agenda), lots of her fan boys and gaga girls might have second thoughts.
Yeah, I know there's one guy who wrote a book about how the Secret Service operates. Hillary was quite the ice queen but Bill Clinton's favorite consort was very nice to the S.S.

OMG. /facepalm

Just. Stop.

Un-fucking believable.

You can shoot yourself in the head and still have a few moments of life left in you.

Only if you shot yourself deep back in your mouth and destroyed your medulla would you not.

Back
Top Bottom