• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Judge: Clinton may be ordered to testify in records case

I wonder if Colin Powell and Condi Rice will also have to testify about why they used private email servers while they were Sec'y of State.

Nah. This is nothing more than yet another in a never-ending series of political vendettas. This time it's conservative advocacy group Judicial Watch. Next time... who knows? Whatever it is, it works. I have a crazy neighbor who insists that Hillary personally ordered the assassination of Ambassador Chris Stevens. I know the term "Haters Gonna Hate" is trite internet slang, but it's actually quite true.

They didn't have their own servers.

Hillary Clinton said 'my predecessors did the same thing' with email | PolitiFact

Oh, I think the world of you as well. I'm just sick of two decades hearing about Hillary being a lesbian devil incarnate, jokes about her daughter looking like Webb Hubble, her murdering Vince Foster and Chris Stevens, I mean, good lord. The woman is smart as a whip. I can't imagine she would deliberately and deceitfully do something so stupid without having legal opinions up the wazoo before she so much as plugs in a laptop.

Hey, if she really is a deranged witch who did all these things and has gotten away with it by bribing who-knows-who for 20 years, prove it to me and I'll bring the rope! But the "loyal opposition" has been selling the same rumor-mongering, let's-hold-hearings, witch-hunt snake oil for decades, so forgive my skepticism with yet another coincidental "legal scandal" hitting right in the middle of her presidential bid.

Anyway, I'm done here. Y'all can break out the beer and peanuts, and deal the cards! :lol:

I never heard the one about Chelsea and Hubble. :lol: Hillary is a scumbag, don't vote for her and I'll love you more. ;)

US Judge: Clinton may be ordered to testify in records case

Right in the middle of her Presidential campaign. As the saying goes, this keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.
Key word "May". Oh, judicial watch is a right-wing organization with an agenda, something always to be wary of when listening to their pleas, their agenda is trying to find a way to get Hillary out of the way so that The Donald will win the Whitehouse, the only way he could win, anyone that believes that to be a good thing needs their head examined.

You can shoot yourself in the head and still have a few moments of life left in you.

Only if you shot yourself deep back in your mouth and destroyed your medulla would you not.

you know that doesn't support why Foster was found laid out as if he was in his casket

OMG. /facepalm

Just. Stop.

Un-fucking believable.

we will put you down as a fan of the Hildabeast. She's a lying bitch and its a real gut buster watching so many women anoint her the avenging lioness of women everywhere when she spent so much time vilifying women who were sexually harassed by her dick hound horn dog husband.

We should just quit beating around the bush.

Isn't the real question is if the DOJ indicts her, and if so, before or after the elections but before she takes office?
If indicted, will Obama pardon her?

In either of these cases, she'll be damaged goods in the eyes of the electorate.

If she's not indicted, it's a pretty sure bet that the FBI will leak out the results of the investigation, and again, she'll be damaged goods.

Hell, that all fits, as she's little more than damaged goods, severely so if you ask me.

Key word "May".
Of course. It all depends on what is discovered in the testimony of her underlings. If there's contradictory information to what Clinton has said publically, that's all that's needed to compel her to testify regarding the differences in the statements.
Oh, judicial watch is a right-wing organization with an agenda, something always to be wary of when listening to their pleas, their agenda is trying to find a way to get Hillary out of the way so that The Donald will win the Whitehouse, the only way he could win, anyone that believes that to be a good thing needs their head examined.
Yes, they are a very partisan group. However, they have no power beyond than that all other citizens of the United States have in regard to demanding the truth from our government, which means that what they are doing so far is legitimate in it's process and outcome. The motivation is irrelevant, all that matters is the process and outcome, and so far they have been dead on target, as seen by the order from the federal judge in the OP article. Judicial Watch cannot create facts, or change the truth to meet their bias. They can only follow the rabbit to see where it leads - sometimes it's down a hole that hides other rabbits that need to be followed. All that matters is the truth and the law. If both are in favor of Clinton, then so be it. If not...

Isn't the real question is if the DOJ indicts her, and if so, before or after the elections but before she takes office?

In either of these cases, she'll be damaged goods in the eyes of the electorate.

If she's not indicted, it's a pretty sure bet that the FBI will leak out the results of the investigation, and again, she'll be damaged goods.

Hell, that all fits, as she's little more than damaged goods, severely so if you ask me.

Everything (all information) stated while under oath in the depositions ordered by the federal judge in the OP story will become part of the FBI investigation and any subsequent decision by the DOJ to take the information to a Grand Jury. The information will also be released to the public, unlike the depositions taken by the FBI or other DOJ officers. That would include any potential deposition of Hillary Clinton. The current list of depositions will be completed over the next eight weeks - that takes us into early July - probably before the RNC Convention July 18-21, and more than likely prior to the DNC Convention July 25-28. Clinton's deposition, if deemed required and then ordered by the judge, will in all likelihood take place AFTER both conventions, but... the information gleaned from the other depositions will probably be released to the public prior to the DNC convention. Whether the information discovered plays any role in her anointment by the DNC, remains to be seen.

You ever get the feeling like America is just in her last season, and the writers are going nuts?

180-jumping-the-shark.png

It depends on if they gave contradictory statements during an investigation. She probably won't be charged with perjury unless she lied while under oath.

A lot of people don't understand that very point - she can lie publically all she wants, as long as it isn't done while under oath, and I should add, to a federal agent as a direct response to their questions even if not under oath, AKA, making false statements (18 U.S.C. § 1001).

I doubt they will see it as nearly the damage that you are hoping for, none of it is new news.

Everything (all information) stated while under oath in the depositions ordered by the federal judge in the OP story will become part of the FBI investigation and any subsequent decision by the DOJ to take the information to a Grand Jury. The information will also be released to the public, unlike the depositions taken by the FBI or other DOJ officers. That would include any potential deposition of Hillary Clinton. The current list of depositions will be completed over the next eight weeks - that takes us into early July - probably before the RNC Convention July 18-21, and more than likely prior to the DNC Convention July 25-28. Clinton's deposition, if deemed required and then ordered by the judge, will in all likelihood take place AFTER both conventions, but... the information gleaned from the other depositions will probably be released to the public prior to the DNC convention. Whether the information discovered plays any role in her anointment by the DNC, remains to be seen.

Thanks for the additional info. and background. I wasn't aware that the Grand Jury information would be made public, but I guess that makes sense.

I doubt they will see it as nearly the damage that you are hoping for, none of it is new news.

That too is a possible outcome from all this.

I suppose it also depends on how well the Clinton apologists fend off queries and do their damage control (they've been forced to become experts at this given the Clinton's long history of ethical, moral and judgement lapses).

Thanks for the additional info. and background. I wasn't aware that the Grand Jury information would be made public, but I guess that makes sense.

Not the Grand Jury info, I was talking about the depositions of the people ordered by the judge in the OP story - sorry of the disconnect. Grand Jury information is not public - a witness in a grand jury is usually allowed to discuss their testimony if they choose to do so unless the judge puts the entire proceedings under a court seal, but even if not, no one else can discuss what happens in a grand jury other than the person discussing their own testimony.

Not the Grand Jury info, I was talking about the depositions of the people ordered by the judge in the OP story - sorry of the disconnect. Grand Jury information is not public - a witness in a grand jury is usually allowed to discuss their testimony if they choose to do so unless the judge puts the entire proceedings under a court seal, but even if not, no one else can discuss what happens in a grand jury other than the person discussing their own testimony.

Ahh. OK. Thanks for the clarification. I may have misread that.

That too is a possible outcome from all this.

I suppose it also depends on how well the Clinton apologists fend off queries and do their damage control (they've been forced to become experts at this given the Clinton's long history of ethical, moral and judgement lapses).
Actually most all of this has been released and beaten to death, as you can see the voters do not care about it and find it more about politics than actual substance. Find a better way to beat her, by the way I said that months ago and warned that the Donald was not the way, I see Cons are hard of hearing as well as learning lessons from past mistakes, oh well enjoy the rewards of what has been sown.

Actually most all of this has been released and beaten to death, as you can see the voters do not care about it and find it more about politics than actual substance. Find a better way to beat her, by the way I said that months ago and warned that the Donald was not the way, I see Cons are hard of hearing as well as learning lessons from past mistakes, oh well enjoy the rewards of what has been sown.

No, none of the information from the FBI investigation has been released.
None of the Grand Jury depositions have been released.

Either or both could have an impact, not that you'd admit it to anyone or yourself.

No, none of the information from the FBI investigation has been released.
None of the Grand Jury depositions have been released.

Either or both could have an impact, not that you'd admit it to anyone or yourself.
The general facts behind the issue have been kicked around and beaten to death, same as Bengasi, that seems to have finally died the death it deserved. You may hope that some of it will hurt her but the reality is that it will not have much affect on anyone other than those that are not her fans to begin with. Is what it is.

The general facts behind the issue have been kicked around and beaten to death, same as Bengasi, that seems to have finally died the death it deserved. You may hope that some of it will hurt her but the reality is that it will not have much affect on anyone other than those that are not her fans to begin with. Is what it is.

I said could.

If the electorate votes Hillary into office, they surely will have deserved what they'll get from such a corrupt, morally and ethically 'challenged' president and the corrupt, morally and ethically 'challenged' administration she'll put into place.

I said could.

If the electorate votes Hillary into office, they surely will have deserved what they'll get from such a corrupt, morally and ethically 'challenged' president and the corrupt, morally and ethically 'challenged' administration she'll put into place.

True, then again we are going to get it in the "end" either way. Geeez this election SU*KS.

I said could.

Greetings, Erik. :2wave:

Unfortunately so will the rest of us! I wonder what the Dems will say if Trump is elected - they're still blaming Bush 8 years after he left!... same difference, IMO!

Greetings, Erik. :2wave:

Unfortunately so will the rest of us! I wonder what the Dems will say if Trump is elected - they're still blaming Bush 8 years after he left!... same difference, IMO!

Greetings, Polgara. :2wave:

Should Trump be elected president, the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be legendary.
Should Hillary be elected president, the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be legendary.

The only real difference will be who's doing the wailing and gnashing of teeth!

I'd have much rather had Kasich. Oh well, I guess you can't pick your candidate and have them win.

Back
Top Bottom