• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US envoy Brett McGurk quits over Trump Syria pullout

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46661384

A top US official in the fight against the Islamic State group has quit over President Trump's decision to pull troops from Syria, reports say.

Brett McGurk, the US special presidential envoy for the Global Coalition to Defeat IS, brought his departure forward from February.
=======================================
Another man with a far better understanding of the Mideast situation than Trump & the potentially catastrophic results of our pulling out has quit in protest.

The expression 'pulling out' is frowned upon by Conservatives for several fairly obvious reasons. They consider it an expression of failure in several regards.

NOW the swamp is being drained.....

CT refers to Conspiracy Theory. The CIA first used the term popularly around the JFK assassination, Iran/Contra scandal, Mena Arkansas Cocaine dealing, WTC7 collapse, etc. Anytime common sense and logic begin to crack the image created by our illustrious or treasonous Intelligence Agencies the MSM cries CT to attempt to defuse the logic while never pointing out the flaws in the logic of that they defuse. Some stuff is CT and nonsense, but when CT comes close to being CT fact is when the Coordinated MSM screams the loudest. The MSM promotes the Party Line narrative and that does not mean a political party.
/

Thanks. I do notice that every time a new "issue" appears, the MSM seem to use the same "phraseology" to describe it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46661384

A top US official in the fight against the Islamic State group has quit over President Trump's decision to pull troops from Syria, reports say.

Brett McGurk, the US special presidential envoy for the Global Coalition to Defeat IS, brought his departure forward from February.
=======================================
Another man with a far better understanding of the Mideast situation than Trump & the potentially catastrophic results of our pulling out has quit in protest.

The expression 'pulling out' is frowned upon by Conservatives for several fairly obvious reasons. They consider it an expression of failure in several regards.

It's also interesting that when Flynn disputed Obama's claim that the war on terror was over after the death of OBL, and that ISIS was the JV team, he was fired. I don't recall the outrage from the MSM when that happened. Where was the wide spread panic of a POTUS "putting the US in danger, when Obama fired arguably the best intelligence officer in the prior 20 years?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...neral-214362&usg=AOvVaw1c2PZwCjXNdQWhcuizXod0
As a longtime national security correspondent, I had wrangled an invitation to the retirement ceremony after Flynn granted me his final on-the-record interview as DIA director. In it, Flynn warned that the United States was actually less safe from the threat of terrorism in 2014 than it was prior to the 9/11 attacks. In remarkably blunt comments for a general still in uniform, Flynn admitted to feeling like a lone voice inside an Obama administration that seemed to believe that the 2011 death of Osama bin Laden had signaled the end of radical Islamist terrorism as a seminal threat. Just months earlier, President Barack Obama had referred to the ascendant Islamic State group, also known as ISIS or ISIL, as a “JV,” or junior varsity, team of terror.
One other senior commander had been scheduled to speak at Flynn’s retirement ceremony but canceled at the last minute: General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Later that same day, August 7, 2014, the reason for Dempsey’s absence became clear. Obama announced that U.S. warplanes had begun bombing ISIS targets, and U.S. troops would soon be dispatched back to Iraq. So Flynn had been right all along: The global war against radical Islamist terrorists was far from over

Just to be clear, I believe pulling out of Syria is a mistake. I felt Obama was wrong back then, and I think Trump is wrong now. It is telling how stark the difference in coverage by the MSM is.

Top official c'mon who heard of the guy until he resigned.

That's right! If he's not a household name and being interviewed every Sunday on all three networks, he couldn't possibly be doing anything important. Not famous? Not important!

Thanks. I do notice that every time a new "issue" appears, the MSM seem to use the same "phraseology" to describe it.

Think of an enhanced version of "monkey see, monkey do".

Politicians and activists employ buzz phases that pass to the MSM. The MSM uses these terms because they are catchy and people can relate to them...

In other cases things are what they are and multiple reporters will use the same phrasing because it is accurate.

Of course there are folks who believe the MSM is in thrall to the CIA... That's CT talk.

Think of an enhanced version of "monkey see, monkey do".

Politicians and activists employ buzz phases that pass to the MSM. The MSM uses these terms because they are catchy and people can relate to them...

In other cases things are what they are and multiple reporters will use the same phrasing because it is accurate.

Of course there are folks who believe the MSM is in thrall to the CIA... That's CT talk.

Nope. MSM has been majority dem for decades. I posted Goldbergs book in a format one can read on a thread talking about MSM bias. It's no secret. "Temper Tantrum" wasn't accurate at all, yet MSM parroted it over and over about the shutdown. There are many issues I like to discuss here , but media bias really isn't in dispute, is it? I'm not saying ABC has meetings with the deepstate to coordinate talking points. I'm just saying majority MSM is dem and it shows in the way they "report" news.

Nope. MSM has been majority dem for decades. I posted Goldbergs book in a format one can read on a thread talking about MSM bias. It's no secret. "Temper Tantrum" wasn't accurate at all, yet MSM parroted it over and over about the shutdown. There are many issues I like to discuss here , but media bias really isn't in dispute, is it? I'm not saying ABC has meetings with the deepstate to coordinate talking points. I'm just saying majority MSM is dem and it shows in the way they "report" news.

Oh, there is bias to be sure.

I was speaking of the MSM in general... Many are lazy and not creative so they regurgitate anything government or business spokespeople say without critically exploring beyond the buzzword of the day.

Oh, there is bias to be sure.

I was speaking of the MSM in general... Many are lazy and not creative so they regurgitate anything government or business spokespeople say without critically exploring beyond the buzzword of the day.

OIC. I misunderstood your post, and Yes, I agree 100%.

Back
Top Bottom