• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Army Basic Training

“Thar she blows!”

Aye Captain.

Ahab.

The volumes you don't know, you deny. You and Ahab don't know anything about The Old Guard.

I read the whole of Moby Dick in hs English and, egads, again in the uni American Lit class (when I mostly scanned it to refresh myself). So you're out in the cold as always.

While the remarkable process of making whale blubber into oil was insufferably boring to me, because I couldn't care less, the theme included the crew and how it lived in equality, diversity, democracy, all of which Fled Ahab was against totally and completely. Hence the Ahab notorious statement thundered in the novel: "Just as there is one God over the Earth, so there is one Captain of the Pequod."

Yet here there are two gods who are self appointed gods over who they accept as a veteran of honorable active duty military service that I am (1966-70). Since 2014. It alarmed all the rightwing veteran lifer nco high school grads who were used to bossing pfc's to lose their absolute and uncontested ownership of the Military Forum. Telling off civilians and all, y'know, the liberals/progressives who you insist know nothing about the military. So you've insisted on getting the Military Forum back since. The thread killers that youse guyz are. The Never Say Die Boyz.

Old Guard = Good

Wannabe Old Guard = Pathetic.

“Thar she blows!”
"See how elastic our prejudices grow when once hate comes to bend them." ---Ishmael, Herman Melville's Moby Dick.

50-Moby-Dick-Quotes-From-the-Film-and-Epic-Novel.jpg

th

Last edited:
"See how elastic our prejudices grow when once hate comes to bend them." ---Ishmael, Herman Melville's Moby Dick.

Cadet Captain Wanna B. Warrior is at the helm of the U.S.S. Fantasy. Smooth sailing ahead unless that bar of soap hits the water or the rubber ducky intrudes.

Captain Ahab:
I'll follow him around the Horn, and around the Norway maelstrom, and around perdition's flames before I give him up.

capt_ahab_small.jpg

Never ending, since 2014 it's been.

An uncountable number of posts.

He denies my honorable active duty military service. He gets what he deserves for it.

Last edited:
Captain Ahab:
I'll follow him around the Horn, and around the Norway maelstrom, and around perdition's flames before I give him up.

Never ending, since 2014 it's been.

An uncountable number of posts.

He denies my honorable active duty military service. He gets what he deserves for it.

Your time traveling DD-214 proves you lied.

Getting back somewhat to business, while they're not basic training facilities it is Sheridan Drive Ft. Myer Va, the former cavalry post, where the billets of the 3rd Infantry Regiment are located and in which I served honorably on active duty for 4 consecutive years as stipulated in my Army ROTC scholarship.

eyJwaG90b0lkIjoxMjYwLCJuYW1lIjoicGhvdG9cLzEyMjB4NDA3XC9vdGhlclwvMDAwMDEyNjAifQ.jpg

Ft. Myer is the "anchor post" of the Military District of Washington DC and since 1948 it has been garrisoned by the 3rd Infantry Regiment in which I was a member.

Getting back somewhat to business, while they're not basic training facilities it is Sheridan Drive Ft. Myer Va, the former cavalry post, where the billets of the 3rd Infantry Regiment are located and in which I served honorably on active duty for 4 consecutive years as stipulated in my Army ROTC scholarship.

eyJwaG90b0lkIjoxMjYwLCJuYW1lIjoicGhvdG9cLzEyMjB4NDA3XC9vdGhlclwvMDAwMDEyNjAifQ.jpg

Ft. Myer is the "anchor post" of the Military District of Washington DC and since 1948 it has been garrisoned by the 3rd Infantry Regiment in which I was a member.

Cool story. What story does your DD-214 tell?

I have a story for all of you that lived in those WWII buildings. My Engineer platoon at Ft Lewis was given the task of removing one on main post, which precluded explosives.

First step was to clean out the windows and plumbing. It's very satisfying to hear complete windows hitting the bed of a 5 ton dump from the second floor, over and over.

Next we cut the middle of the second floor out with chain saws and notched the vertical posts.

Then we used a pair of front end loaders to "punch" in both sides simultaneously at second floor level, working our way from front to back.

Once the building collapsed we just ran a D8 over the wreckage until we only had small scraps. Then it was loader and dump work until we had a flat spot where the building used to be.

I have a training illustration of that....

It's called Embrace The Suck !

1661224397378.png

I heard that in the AF rain brings hardship pay.

View attachment 67408301

In the Army the officers send the enlisted to battle

In the Air Force the enlisted send the officers to battle

The mission is to get those jets in the air

View attachment 67408301

There is an element of truth

Army Chow halls in the Air Force where dining facilities

I never bussed my own table lol

There is an element of truth

Army Chow halls in the Air Force where dining facilities

I never bussed my own table lol
I used to love going to chow halls on AF bases, we walked in with those berets on and got treated like kings.

I do not even remember if we had blinds, let alone air conditioning, and that was at Benning.
I was at Sand Hill. The barracks had blinds and air conditioning.

My barracks bay didn't have windows with blinds from what I remember.

The compartments that we lived in at Great Lakes had windows, but they were impossible to open. Those buildings were old as hell.

Back
Top Bottom