• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Army Basic Training

My apologies, derision is my usual expectation from many on this website and I was mistaken.
Give it a little time, you will see the irony of watermelon man, no worries. I too have traveled the world, jumped from airplanes and learned foreign languages and other stuff….;)

Give it a little time, you will see the irony of watermelon man, no worries. I too have traveled the world, jumped from airplanes and learned foreign languages and other stuff….;)
We all have our way of viewing things and our life experiences usually shape them to a great degree. I was in West Germany on an exercise when the Iron Curtain suddenly dropped in late 1989, and personally dealt with many who fled the Soviet states, that as well as other experiences and things I've learned have made me vehemently opposed to the concepts of Collectivism. I know I'm in the minority, but I advocate for laissez-faire, because I've seen the abject failure of big gov profusely, up close and personal.

Yeah, Thailand isn't perfect, but the U.S. hasn't been the same country I grew up in and dedicated my life in defense of for decades, silly me I still believe in the original interpretation of the Constitution, limited gov and individual liberty. As for so much time at Ft. Bragg, I was in SOF for 17 years, although I did deploy all over the world.
Yeah most expat Americans and Brits who resettle in Thailand to stay marry a Thai young beauty of a gal to raise a new family in a new (or just different) house and home in Paradise. They've quit on their native country and all its so called political correctness, diversity, inclusiveness and so on. Thailand offers instead a feudal monarchy that is inextricably intertwined with the fascist military that has had more than 20 coups post WW2. The last coup in 2014 was when the monarchy and military whisked people away, wrote a new constitution that embeds their guys as appointed or guaranteed elected and screw democracy cause it's the only way the poor mass can gain power.

After ten years I'd had it in the Former Land of Smiles, went to China because I was right next to it so why not, got kicked out after three years for having a big mouth, returned to Thailand 3 years then went back into China again cause there were few differences between Thailand and China so what the hell; and I could start a small English language school with Chinese friends in China, same as I'd done in Thailand with Thai friends. Seven years later in China they threw me out again, same reason of course, ie. Big Mouth. Second time in China though I made some very good Chinese friends and we had, as the diplomats say, very frank talks about things. What the Chinese don't know fills volumes and will hurt 'em. It's hurting 'em already for sure cause by nature the Chinese are always arrogant and ignorant.

Yeah most expat Americans and Brits who resettle in Thailand to stay marry a Thai young beauty of a gal to raise a new family in a new (or just different) house and home in Paradise. They've quit on their native country and all its so called political correctness, diversity, inclusiveness and so on. Thailand offers instead a feudal monarchy that is inextricably intertwined with the fascist military that has had more than 20 coups post WW2. The last coup in 2014 was when the monarchy and military whisked people away, wrote a new constitution that embeds their guys as appointed or guaranteed elected and screw democracy cause it's the only way the poor mass can gain power.

After ten years I'd had it in the Former Land of Smiles, went to China because I was right next to it so why not, got kicked out after three years for having a big mouth, returned to Thailand 3 years then went back into China again cause there were few differences between Thailand and China so what the hell; and I could start a small English language school with Chinese friends in China, same as I'd done in Thailand with Thai friends. Seven years later in China they threw me out again, same reason of course, ie. Big Mouth. Second time in China though I made some very good Chinese friends and we had, as the diplomats say, very frank talks about things. What the Chinese don't know fills volumes and will hurt 'em. It's hurting 'em already for sure cause by nature the Chinese are always arrogant and ignorant.
Yeah, things have been tumultuous politically and otherwise in Thailand, no doubt about that, but having been an Atheist for about 4 decades, I got tired of the vitriol in the U.S., something I don't experience here. I started learning to read, write and speak Thai about 6 months after I got here, still not fluent but I get by better than most expats/farangs, and as I'm sure you've heard, it's a double edged sword, you hear things you'd rather not sometimes.

Who knew the Chinese were smart?
Took them two tries and ten years, but the results were beneficial

The Chinese wised up about 40 years ago after their premier visited the U.S. and was amazed at the things he saw. Although the Communist party still runs things, they are arguably as Capitalist as the U.S. in many ways, maybe more so.

The Chinese wised up about 40 years ago after their premier visited the U.S. and was amazed at the things he saw. Although the Communist party still runs things, they are arguably as Capitalist as the U.S. in many ways, maybe more so.

I’m at a loss for words………

Two years ago Xi Jin Pingpong announced the Party was taking over all corporations. It's put its members-bureaucrats-ideologues on the boards and in the executive offices of corporations and large businesses. Their word is the law.

The national flatfoot police (unarmed) keep running street vendors out. The vendors keep coming back and the cops keep running 'em out. I never knew any more if I could just walk outside and get my excellent fried rice and roasted chicken and cheap besides. Chat with the vendors and fellow customers...make new friends.

Capital is fleeing CCP-PRC at $1 Trillion annually, via Hong Kong, to the West -- entire families thus depriving China of its best capitalists now and going forward/backward. Entrepreneurs such as Jack Ma are being hassled because they're too rich and powerful -- only Party members can be rich and powerful. Xi says the Party above all else and the party rules completely. He's hell bent to out-Mao Mao. At this point very few capitalists remain in CCP-PRC cause they've had to flee to include with their wealth and those who do remain are getting hassled whether big or small.

The economy has only been contracting since Xi the Party ideologue assumed full power in 2013. The current make believe GDP is a meager 5.5% when it is in fact more like 4% and continuing downward from its almost 10% when Xi took power forever. And forever ends soon.

It's only ever so momentarily as we know.

Then you compensate.

Overcompensate.
I see you found a new friend. He’ll come to his senses…………

Not beneficial for the USA. So you're wrong again.

Or for USA allies and strategic partners that check the CCP.

CCP since spring last year has been throwing out Americans or detaining 'em on bogus garbage. The US Embassy expressed me out after the National Security Police gave me 15 dayze to get out or else. Then the security goons decided to try to detain me. It took 21 dayze and the embassy saved my arse. The embassy consul outmaneuvered the cops, although it took adding a second consul to my case. Yeah, they didn't get around to me until the late fall over there. I flew out last Nov. 11th of all dates. Your personal and flippant hit and run petty bents around here notwithstanding.

I would use the abbreviated version of Moby Dick, iffen I was youze……………

Aye Captain.

Ahab.
I would use the abbreviated version of Moby Dick, iffen I was youze……………
The volumes you don't know, you deny. You and Ahab don't know anything about The Old Guard.

I read the whole of Moby Dick in hs English and, egads, again in the uni American Lit class (when I mostly scanned it to refresh myself). So you're out in the cold as always.

While the remarkable process of making whale blubber into oil was insufferably boring to me, because I couldn't care less, the theme included the crew and how it lived in equality, diversity, democracy, all of which Fled Ahab was against totally and completely. Hence the Ahab notorious statement thundered in the novel: "Just as there is one God over the Earth, so there is one Captain of the Pequod."

Yet here there are two gods who are self appointed gods over who they accept as a veteran of honorable active duty military service that I am (1966-70). Since 2014. It alarmed all the rightwing veteran lifer nco high school grads who were used to bossing pfc's to lose their absolute and uncontested ownership of the Military Forum. Telling off civilians and all, y'know, the liberals/progressives who you insist know nothing about the military. So you've insisted on getting the Military Forum back since. The thread killers that youse guyz are. The Never Say Die Boyz.

Back
Top Bottom