• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Under the Dome and Gun Control

You will get a bad reputation among the gun posse for being a gun grabber if you point out the flaws in their paranoid delusions. There is certainly not a lot of gun control in the series aside from the one request which came from sinister motives, and was voluntary. Plus, not a lot of people end up dying considering the actual guns around. It is no walking dead.

:roll: I am worried about my "reputation" even less than I want your support.

OK, I can put this to rest.

I worked on Under the Dome. (I too think it's not a very good show, so I'm not insulted by the statement.) I was in the middle of everything.

There was no political intention behind the episode whatsoever.

Period.

Full stop.

I think its a good show just for not being yet another cop drama.

I think sometimes, and bear with me, TV show writters don't think about their politics when writting a script.... maybe, just maybe, they think about other things like "Will this be an interesting character," or "will people want to watch this" or "will this get approved and give me some nice resume material?"

Call me crazy I know.

It is naive to not think the writers of this show knew exactly what they were writing and why.

those who want to disarm us are probably aliens. Ever see V?

While the original NBC miniseries was a pretty good exploration of the rise of fascism as it tended to happen in Europe, I did get a huge kick out of the (thoroughly inferior) ABC remake and how the Visitors used many of the Obama platitudes. Suddenly scores of people who had never been able to see bias in Hollywood before were screeching like cats under rocking chairs.

It is naive to not think the writers of this show knew exactly what they were writing and why.

Because they wanted to write a TV show people would watch? Why do we assume its about politics and not ratings?

Because they wanted to write a TV show people would watch? Why do we assume its about politics and not ratings?

In this specific instance, there was no anti-gun agenda.

But there ARE, quite frequently, political agendas in TV shows, and they are (most) often left-leaning.

Back
Top Bottom