• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukrainian Fighters Grease Bullets Against Chechens with Pig Fat

So Americans, Russians, Brits, French, Israelis, Greeks, Indians, Thais, Filipinos, etc have all fought against enemy forces consisting of Muslim combatants.
I've never heard of any of them dipping their bullets in pig fat.

LOL that is awesome... People with such an obvious weakness should have that taken advantage of...

That's an excuse, not a justification.
Bullshit. Back to the wall. Defending your country against an overwhelming aggressor.
Would you stop short of offending your enemy's sense of religion? Really? You'd fight fair with your back to the wall facing those odds?
I call bullshit. You'd use any ruse available to you and invent others, too.

Why is it somehow civilized to even make your enemy think you're doing that, as distinct from actually doing that?

By analogy, one doesn't actually have to rape female combatants, but merely loudly brag about raping female combatants, in order to produce a particular psychological effect among the enemy.
So should one loudly brag about such things, even when not actually doing them?

I don't think that's what any self-respecting professional soldier or state should do.
Professional soldiers? Like Special Forces... the SEALs? SAS... the guys that sneak up behind your back at night and garrote you with wire??

It is about winning. Sorry. Winning. That means killing the other guy before he kills you.

Bullshit. Back to the wall. Defending your country against an overwhelming aggressor.
Would you stop short of offending your enemy's sense of religion? Really? You'd fight fair with your back to the wall facing those odds?
If Hindus were attacking me I would send a herd of cattle in front of me to take all the shots... I would be defacing Qurans left and right... I would use young boys as shields when fighting Catholic priests...

150px-AZOV_logo.svg.png

This is their military insignia -- the Wulfsangel-- remind you of anything?

What's to be proud of in this?
After the 2014 coup many western Oblasts tried to rebel but "Porky' & 'Yats' the elected
new president after the coup sent the Azov Battalion, the 'Right Sector' & Swoboda' to quell the rebellions in the east. These ultranationalists from Western Ukraine brought to Kiev. Slogans like “Україна — понад усё!” which is just the Ukrainian translation of “Deutschland über alles” – “Germany above everything,” the famous nasty Nazi slogan. This is the only part of the European population which is not repentant about their ancestors’ support for Adolf Hitler, read about Banderra. Even in Latvia or in Finland, which were allied to Nazi Germany at certain periods in their history, even there you don’t have politicians and the mainstream media saying openly that what was done in 1941-42 was right. In Western Ukraine from these people you can hear direct support for Adolf Hitler. They say that Ukrainians are anthropologically superior to Russians, you can read all these terrible stuff in their newspapers and in their Internet messages.

In Ukraine even during the time of the USSR their always was an anti Russian
conclave in the Lviv area mostly Lithuanians Galicians & Poles who considered
themselves to real Ukrainians. Ukraine like all the republics in the USSR did
have some power to initiate laws themselves. This is why Crimea became part of Ukraine.
In 1954, Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev transferred Crimea from Russia to Ukraine. The
explanation was to lesson the weight of the Lviv crowd in local Ukraine elections.

Last edited:
Professional soldiers? Like Special Forces... the SEALs? SAS... the guys that sneak up behind your back at night and garrote you with wire??

It is about winning. Sorry. Winning. That means killing the other guy before he kills you.
No, no, that's fair, but It's a war crime to tell your enemy you put pig fat on your bullets.
And make sure your garrote wire is clean and halal.

The only thing you're doing is painting yourself into a corner in what you're willing to support and not support, based purely on politics. Sounds like the same reasoning Germany used in WWI to justify using gas and unrestricted submarine warfare.

The only thing you're doing is painting yourself into a corner in what you're willing to support and not support, based purely on politics. Sounds like the same reasoning Germany used in WWI to justify using gas and unrestricted submarine warfare.
Oh fer **** sakes. Ukrainian forces said they used pig fat on their bullets and you equate that with unlimited submarine warfare.
Don"'t come near me again. This stuff is just too stupid to involve myself with.

Conservatives must be terribly torn between supporting Putin and sticking it to the Muslims in his army.

Liberals must be terribly torn between opposing Islamophobia and supporting their beloved Ukrainian Neo-Nazi organizations who hate on Russians, Muslims, and everybody else but themselves.

I think normally you'd be correct, but I'm tracking that they have been brought into the fight against Russia and given legitimacy.

Well, it raises the question what is meant by "brought into the fight"? Simply not interfering with them? Or their being drafted into the wider Ukrainian military and answering to the Ukrainian chain of command?

Which does highlight that all the cheerleading for Ukraine falls short of the reality that exists on the ground.

I have known about the Azov Brigade long before the invasion, and I still cheerlead for Ukraine. If the United States were somehow invaded by a Fascist army and the KKK and white supremacist militias were on the front lines fighting to defend the homeland, it would not diminish or sully the moral foundation of fighting a defensive war against an invader.

The previous government of Petro Poroshenko, a businessman known as the ‘Chocolate King, normalised the neo-Nazi presence and activity in Ukraine. The speaker of the last Parliament was Andriy Parubiy, founder of Svoboda and Patriots of Ukraine, the latter growing into today’s Azov Battalion. The chief of police in Kyiv was Vadym Troyan, a former Colonel in the Azov Battalion.

What is your point, sanman? That there are neo-Nazis and neo-Nazi militias in the Ukraine? Okay. Well there are neo-Nazis in the United States. There are neo-Nazis in the United Kingdom. What is the relevance of this?

Well, it raises the question what is meant by "brought into the fight"? Simply not interfering with them? Or their being drafted into the wider Ukrainian military and answering to the Ukrainian chain of command?

I have known about the Azov Brigade long before the invasion, and I still cheerlead for Ukraine. If the United States were somehow invaded by a Fascist army and the KKK and white supremacist militias were on the front lines fighting to defend the homeland, it would not diminish or sully the moral foundation of fighting a defensive war against an invader.
Yes all of Ukraine is united with their hatred of Putin like the ancestors of the Azov Brigade hated Stalin enough to join the Nazi's in their war on Russia. The Ukrainians have endured generations of abuse from Moscow and how Putin could have expected them to roll over is a mystery.

Yes all of Ukraine is united with their hatred of Putin like the ancestors of the Azov Brigade hated Stalin enough to join the Nazi's in their war on Russia. The Ukrainians have endured generations of abuse from Moscow and how Putin could have expected them to roll over is a mystery.

Liberals must be terribly torn between opposing Islamophobia and supporting their beloved Ukrainian Neo-Nazi organizations who hate on Russians, Muslims, and everybody else but themselves.
The Azov Brigade & its partners in crime 'Swoboda' & 'Right Sector' reached its
high water mark of Neo Nazi gruesomeness in Odessa in 2014 shortly after the
Kiev Maidan Coup which disposed of Yankovich the Russian leaning
president duly elected in the last election when Ukraine was still whole!

In Odessa the new government showed its true colors.
Some 1,000 Ukrainian rightists, led by the notorious Right Sector, surrounded, stormed, and burned
the House of Trade Unions in Odessa, killing 39 pro-Russia demonstrators in the building.

Many of those who attacked and burned the building wore swastikas and other fascist insignias,
according to observers. Eye witnesses said that the fascists were armed with bats, shields, and
metal chains and that the people inside the union hall had run there for protection from them
After the attack by the rightists streets around the trade union headquarters were reportedly
stained with the blood of those who had jumped from windows to escape the flames.

Right Sector has bragged about its role in the killings on line and on YouTube:
As the building burned some of the pro-Kiev activists said on Twitter that Colorado
beetles are being roasted up in Odessa, using a derogatory term for the St. Georges
ribbons worn by many of the anti-Kiev government demonstrators.
There were few official media outlets present, thus the heavy reliance on live streamed social media.
The aim is to completely clear Odessa of pro-Russians, said Dmitry Rogovsky,
another Right Sector activist whose hand was injured during the fighting.
Increasing violence by the rightists is a growing embarrassment to the U.S. and the European Union, which
have backed the right wing coup in Kiev and have tried to pin the blame for Ukraines troubles on Russia.

Stalin was not a Russian. Stalin was a Georgian (Real name: Joseph Dzhugashvili). Stalin played a lot of games, pitting various ethnic groups against each other, uprooting and displacing others, all to keep himself on top.

The Chechens could…I don’t know…go home?
You mean like Go Back to Their Own Country?
They don't get to become Dreamers?
You mean that thing they crossed -- I think it's called a BORDER -- they should cross back over to the other side and go back to where they came from?

What if Ukrainians decided to build some kind of barrier -- I think the common word is WALL -- then should they be allowed to do that? Or should they be condemned for intolerance?
I keep hearing people say that building a wall is an expensive waste of money. Maybe that depends which hemisphere it's built in?

Oh, and -- Hypocrite much?

So Americans, Russians, Brits, French, Israelis, Greeks, Indians, Thais, Filipinos, etc have all fought against enemy forces consisting of Muslim combatants.

Brits did it IIRC.

See post #61 before parroting Putin’s talking points again

That's all you have to say about what's possibly a war crime?
What effect do you think a bunch of fat coated bullet will have on the inside of a gun barrel over time?

The whole story is quite suspicious and deserves to be made fun of unless it can be verified as true.

If it turns out to be true, then those people can be dealt with when all the war crimes investigations happen after this Russian stupidity is over.

Last edited:
What's your training on it? I've been to combat twice and we go over many things that are and aren't allowed. The only reason I'm saying "possibly" is because I'm not a governing body of any kind, but these actions are in the same ballpark. It is really only a matter of it being looked at and declared such.
You don't need training, just a little common sense and an idea of what "war crimes" actually are. Minor psychological things such as these don't make the grade.

It is the Azov Battalion...a bunch of Neo Nazi scum incorporated into the National guard after the revolution and one of the primary reasons Putin is saying that the Ukrainian government harbours Nazis.

This does nothing to demoralize or cause the surrender of Muslim troops (except maybe on the Ukrainian side). Muslims who know their book will even willingly eat pork if the alternative is starving. There's a forgiveness process (cleansing) for situations in which they involuntarily become "unclean".

I wish I could say that anti-religious bigots should not be welcome on the Ukrainian side. Unfortunately that's a luxury they can't afford. If neo-Nazis are giving their lives for Ukraine, maybe look on the bright side: two birds with one stone!

This does nothing to demoralize or cause the defection of Muslim troops (except maybe on the Ukrainian side). Muslims who know their book will even willingly eat pork if the alternative is starving. There's a forgiveness process (cleansing) for situations in which they involuntarily become "unclean".

I wish I could say that anti-religious bigots should not be welcome on the Ukrainian side. Unfortunately that's a luxury they can't afford. If neo-Nazis are giving their lives for Ukraine, maybe look on the bright side: two birds with one stone!
Exactly, if a bunch of Neo-Nazis get themselves killed during this war, that's a silver lining to this dark cloud.

Back
Top Bottom