• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukrainian Fighters Grease Bullets Against Chechens with Pig Fat

Deflection noted and dismissed.
Deflection? You need to read the title of this thread again. This discussion is about, well, what's the point. You won't adress it anyway.
Just curious- if Ukranian resistance is putting out the word that they grease their bullets with pig fat, do you really, seriously say that's a war crime? A war crime? A war crime?

Jesus.

Who are Ukraine’s far-right Azov regiment? Here is what you should know​

Azov is a far-right all-volunteer infantry military unit whose members, estimated at 900, are ultra-nationalists and accused of harbouring neo-Nazi and white supremacist ideology.
Scroll below for images

245034-0001hj4ci.jpg

Historical backdrop​

Azov is a far-right all-volunteer infantry military unit whose members, estimated at 900, are ultra-nationalists and accused of harbouring neo-Nazi and white supremacist ideology.
The unit was initially formed as a volunteer group in May 2014 out of the ultra-nationalist Patriot of Ukraine gang, and the neo-Nazi Social national assembly (SNA) group. Both groups engaged in xenophobic and neo-Nazi ideals and physically assaulted migrants, the Roma community and people opposing their views.
As a battalion, the group fought on the front lines against pro-Russian separatists in Donetsk, the eastern region of Ukraine. Just before launching the invasion, Putin recognised the independence of two rebel-held regions from Donbas.
A few months after recapturing the strategic port city of Mariupol from the Russian-backed separatists, the unit was officially integrated into the National Guard of Ukraine on November 12, 2014, and exacted high praise from then-President Petro Poroshenko.
“These are our best warriors,” he said at an awards ceremony in 2014. “Our best volunteers.”

(Photograph:AFP)
245036-000h5299.jpg

Who founded Azov?​

The unit was led by Andriy Biletsky, who served as the the leader of both the Patriot of Ukraine and the SNA. The SNA is known to have carried out attacks on minority groups in Ukraine.
In 2010, Biletsky said Ukraine’s national purpose was to “lead the white races of the world in a final crusade … against Semite-led Untermenschen (inferior races)”.
Biletsky was elected to parliament in 2014. He left Azov as elected officials cannot be in the military or police force. He remained an MP until 2019.

(Photograph:AFP)
245038-0001em43q.jpg

Good. I'm glad these people are fighting for Ukraine. Do you know how I can donate, perhaps I can send them some bacon and they can roll their bullets around in the fat after they enjoy a nice bit of bacon?

So Americans, Russians, Brits, French, Israelis, Greeks, Indians, Thais, Filipinos, etc have all fought against enemy forces consisting of Muslim combatants.
I've never heard of any of them dipping their bullets in pig fat.

A group of Ukrainian Neo-Nazis is covering their bullets in pig fat to kill some vicious Chechens. And we should care about this why exactly?

"Possibly" as in you just made it up?
What's your training on it? I've been to combat twice and we go over many things that are and aren't allowed. The only reason I'm saying "possibly" is because I'm not a governing body of any kind, but these actions are in the same ballpark. It is really only a matter of it being looked at and declared such.

Deflection? You need to read the title of this thread again. This discussion is about, well, what's the point. You won't adress it anyway.
Just curious- if Ukranian resistance is putting out the word that they grease their bullets with pig fat, do you really, seriously say that's a war crime? A war crime? A war crime?

Jesus.
Yes, it's likely a war crime.

So Americans, Russians, Brits, French, Israelis, Greeks, Indians, Thais, Filipinos, etc have all fought against enemy forces consisting of Muslim combatants.
I've never heard of any of them dipping their bullets in pig fat.

I don't believe it.

They don't actually have to do that. They just have to make the enemy believe they're doing that.
The Israeli IDF found that in some circumstances they shouldn't put women soldiers into the field because the enemy wouldn't surrender if they knew they faced women. A regimental mutiny in India was caused by rumours that a new drill around loading cartridges in rifles required biting the end off a cartridge that had been greased with pig fat.
Misinformation can be useful when anything useful should be used.
My thoughts exactly.

No, and implying that it is is just dumb. You have no understanding of what a war crime is. Pig fat? Seriously? Don't back yourself into such a ludicrous corner.

Good. I'm glad these people are fighting for Ukraine. Do you know how I can donate, perhaps I can send them some bacon and they can roll their bullets around in the fat after they enjoy a nice bit of bacon?
A group of Ukrainian Neo-Nazis is covering their bullets in pig fat to kill some vicious Chechens. And we should care about this why exactly?

150px-AZOV_logo.svg.png

This is their military insignia -- the Wulfsangel-- remind you of anything?

What's to be proud of in this?

150px-AZOV_logo.svg.png

png-clipart-ukraine-wolfsangel-azov-battalion-all-ukrainian-union-svoboda-symbol-symbol-ukraine-wolfsangel-thumbnail.png

Pig fat. That's what this is about. Pig fat.
You got anything against pig fat? You must be Muslim or Jewish.

150px-AZOV_logo.svg.png

I literally said they were Neo-Nazis. Neo-Nazis killing Chechens. Why should I or anyone else care about this?

No, and implying that it is is just dumb. You have no understanding of what a war crime is. Pig fat? Seriously? Don't back yourself into such a ludicrous corner.
Yeah...It's totally ludicrous to think that doing an action that is specifically designed to target a people's religion during war is a war crime. I mean, it's like it's it's being done by neo-Nazis or anything...oh wait...

True, but the Azov Battalion is an irregular neo-Nazi militia and not members of the Ukrainian military. Forget war crimes. If they are caught, I think they can be executed without it violating the Geneva Convention (someone correct me if I am wrong here). They are adherents of truly evil beliefs, and I really do not care what happens to them. If the Azov Battalion was annihilated and every member killed, the world would probably be a better place. But by that same token, I do not care what they do to Chechens who are by all accounts just as terrible as they are.

Last edited:

150px-AZOV_logo.svg.png

It reminds me of a wolf trap that's actually what it is.

Kind of like the swastika might remind a Japanese person of the Temple.

Just because you have an idea of what these symbols mean doesn't mean that that's what they mean.

I don't care if they're dipping their bullets in big fat to shoot Muslim Invaders if they don't want to get shot with pig fat they shouldn't be invading.

Further I don't care if Ukraine is hateful toward Russians if they don't want to be hated maybe they should not invade.

I literally said they were Neo-Nazis. Neo-Nazis killing Chechens. Why should I or anyone else care about this?
Whatever their political alignment, and I might well heap scorn and abuse on them under other circumstances, their backs are against the wall defending their country against Russian aggression. Pretty much anything they do now is alright with me. Nearly anything. Pig fat included.

Yeah...It's totally ludicrous to think that doing an action that is specifically designed to target a people's religion during war is a war crime. I mean, it's like it's it's being done by neo-Nazis or anything...oh wait...
Back to the wall. Defending your country. Vicious overwhelming enemy.

Pig fat.

Pig fat. That's what this is about. Pig fat.

Is that all it's about?
You defend Prime Minister Blackface when he calls out (smears) truckers for swastikas, but you quickly want to deflect away when other people are holding similar symbols.

You got anything against pig fat? You must be Muslim or Jewish.

I'm neither, and I eat pork products all the time. Bacon. Pepperoni. Bratwurst. Spare ribs. Pork bellies. You name it - I eat everything. Except caviar - tastes like snot.

Is that all it's about?
You defend Prime Minister Blackface when he calls out (smears) truckers for swastikas, but you quickly want to deflect away when other people are holding similar symbols.

I'm neither, and I eat pork products all the time. Bacon. Pepperoni. Bratwurst. Spare ribs. Pork belly. You name it.
What the hell are you talking about here?

I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. Hypocrisy and double standards.
I've never defended that twerp Trudeau in my life. I've defended the Canadian government but I despise Trudeau.
You have that rightist American problem where you think that you have to swallow the whole party line. I don't have that dysfunction.

True, but the Azov Battalion is an irregular neo-Nazi militia and not members of the Ukrainian military. Forget war crimes. If they are caught, I think they can be executed without it violating the Geneva Convention (someone correct me if I am wrong here). They are adherents of truly evil beliefs, and I really do not care what happens to them.
I think normally you'd be correct, but I'm tracking that they have been brought into the fight against Russia and given legitimacy.
If the Azov Battalion was annihilated and every member killed, the world would probably be a better place. But by that same token, I do not care what they do to Chechens who are by all accounts just as terrible as they are.
Which does highlight that all the cheerleading for Ukraine falls short of the reality that exists on the ground.

True, but the Azov Battalion is an irregular neo-Nazi militia and not members of the Ukrainian military. Forget war crimes. If they are caught, I think they can be executed without it violating the Geneva Convention (someone correct me if I am wrong here). They are adherents of truly evil beliefs, and I really do not care what happens to them. If the Azov Battalion was annihilated and every member killed, the world would probably be a better place. But by that same token, I do not care what they do to Chechens who are by all accounts just as terrible as they are.

The previous government of Petro Poroshenko, a businessman known as the ‘Chocolate King, normalised the neo-Nazi presence and activity in Ukraine. The speaker of the last Parliament was Andriy Parubiy, founder of Svoboda and Patriots of Ukraine, the latter growing into today’s Azov Battalion. The chief of police in Kyiv was Vadym Troyan, a former Colonel in the Azov Battalion.

Back
Top Bottom