• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukrainian Americans protest Tucker Carlson appearance at California church

I think it's time the DOD sends a few of their scariest investigators to have a little talk with Carlson. He has clearly stepped over the line. We are in a proxy war with Russia. I believe there is a word for aiding and abetting the enemy.
And you clearly dont know wtf you are talking about. But go ahead, lets hear what he said that you find treasonous.

What's uglier and more ****ed up than Tucker Carlson? A church that invites political speakers to their sanctuary.

What is wrong with people?
Please... they can invite whoever they want to. Religion and politics are one and the same.

I'm assuming though, this is some gripe about potential "tax exemption" for churches, but I doubt that the legal understanding thereof is very strong and worth discussing.

“Saturday’s protesters claimed Carlson spreads pro-Russia propaganda. They arranged strollers, car seats and baby shoes to represent the more than 150 children killed by the war in Ukraine.

“Your heartless message to American people who are the cradle of democracy, home of the brave, land of the free, is completely unacceptable by anyone,” said Vadin Gudin, who was among the demonstrators.

“A lot of victims of this war are children,” added Iuliia Puchko, another protester.”

Now here’s what one of the mindless FOX types had to say about it:

““I think he is controversial, but I think almost everything he says is correct and I think that they’re listening to other people who are incorrect about what’s going on in Russia and Ukraine,” said Lisa Viceroy.”

So there you have it. Putin Pal Tucker Carlson is right and those who condemn Putin’s brutal war are “incorrect” according to Tucker fans.
God help us.
Bullshit. The anti-Russian narrative has been around since long before this war and the allegations of war crimes which have yet to be substantiated. I think it mainly gained traction in 2016 due to the conspiracy theories regarding Russia's meddling in the election.

And not much of it makes any rational or logical sense - Russia wouldn't even be at the top of the list of nations suspected of human rights violations like China or North Korea, so it seems to just boil down to some jingoistic rednecks putting their ignorance and fetishization of war on display, kind of like some of the over-jingoistic attitudes toward wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Maybe when the aging cranks finally die off who still think the Cold War's going on, the constant paranoia about Russia will die down a bit.

Please... they can invite whoever they want to. Religion and politics are one and the same.

I'm assuming though, this is some gripe about potential "tax exemption" for churches, but I doubt that the legal understanding thereof is very strong and worth discussing.
Welcome, Narco.

No, my gripe isn't over tax exemption. Yes, they can--and have--done as they please. I get to spout off about it though.

I agree. Only once in my life did I hear a parish priest talk about politics and it was when Canada was considering legalizing gay marriage. His entire sermon was about how we should all get politically involved and not vote for any candidate supporting gay marriage. My daughter was maybe 16 at the time, definitely still in high school, she stood up and walked out of the Church. She has never gone back.
My daughter would have done the same then returned with a basket of rotten tomatoes…

Southern churches seem to be a wholly different animal than us cold weather Puritans run. I almost asked Chill if he was from the South when I made my post. It seems to matter.
Having grown up in Southern GA and lived in GA for over 20 years, Southern churches are very noisy. When I was younger, there would be competing churches across the street from one another saying that the others' congregation was going to hell and that they were the only true path to heaven. By the time I left in the 90's, those small competing churches turned into merged mega-churches. Giant compounds. All were expanding into a K-12 school as well. It went from churches to one's life entirety. Your church, your kids school, your social life, if not also your job. Everything.

It
Is
Controlling,
Gross

and scary.

That these empowered mega-churches turned extremely politcal was only a matter of time.

Having grown up in Southern GA and lived in GA for over 20 years, Southern churches are very noisy. When I was younger, there would be competing churches across the street from one another saying that the others' congregation was going to hell and that they were the only true path to heaven. By the time I left in the 90's, those small competing churches turned into merged mega-churches. Giant compounds. All were expanding into a K-12 school as well. It went from churches to one's life entirety. Your church, your kids school, your social life, if not also your job. Everything.

It
Is
Controlling,
Gross

and scary.

That these empowered mega-churches turned extremely politcal was only a matter of time.
Good Lord.

Why is it that hillbillies so often misuse words like "treason" without having a modicum of understanding of our legal definition thereof? It makes for a good laugh though. :D
Why is it that a newbie, trying pathetically to impress others with their wit, only succeeds in embarrassing themself by not recognizing hyperbole?

Why is it that a newbie, trying pathetically to impress others with their wit, only succeeds in embarrassing themself by not recognizing hyperbole?
I'm just talking about the jingoistic trailer trash who pollute any thread which mentions Russia. It's not that hard to spot.

Basically, some people are just hung-up on Russia, probably motivated either by being hung up on the notion of Russia letting Trump win the election, or just being old geezers who think the Cold War is still going on. Either way, it makes discerning a rationale response from all the bile nearly impossible.

Bullshit. The anti-Russian narrative has been around since long before this war and the allegations of war crimes which have yet to be substantiated. I think it mainly gained traction in 2016 due to the conspiracy theories regarding Russia's meddling in the election.

And not much of it makes any rational or logical sense - Russia wouldn't even be at the top of the list of nations suspected of human rights violations like China or North Korea, so it seems to just boil down to some jingoistic rednecks putting their ignorance and fetishization of war on display, kind of like some of the over-jingoistic attitudes toward wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Maybe when the aging cranks finally die off who still think the Cold War's going on, the constant paranoia about Russia will die down a bit.

Another Putin Pal. He calls the empathy regarding the brutal killing and rape of innocent Ukrainians and the ruination of their cities to be “paranoia”. These types of Putin apologists are pathetic examples of human beings. Probably yet another one of Putin’s social media hackers.

It
Is
Controlling,
Gross

and scary.

The K-12 private schools of these churches were so that the white kids didn’t have to intermingle with the “n*****s” at the public schools. It’s why the public schools of the South are not very well funded.

I'm just talking about the jingoistic trailer trash who pollute any thread which mentions Russia. It's not that hard to spot.

Basically, some people are just hung-up on Russia, probably motivated either by being hung up on the notion of Russia letting Trump win the election, or just being old geezers who think the Cold War is still going on. Either way, it makes discerning a rationale response from all the bile nearly impossible.

“Bile”? Have you read your posts in this forum?

Inviting political speakers to speak at a church is not anything new and was used pretty effectively during the civil rights movement. Granted those are pretty opposite sides of the coin, but speaking politics at church has a deep rooted tradition in our country.

All that said any church that invited Carlson to speak is one I have no desire to attend.

I've personally always found it to be distasteful for politicians to campaign at places of worship. But any good religious institution ought to stand up for human rights. So I guess for me there's a line.

He wasn't 'attending church.'

La Jolla native and Fox News star Tucker Carlson will appear at a San Marcos megachurch in April, according to social media posts Saturday by host Awaken Church.
Carlson, whose top-rated show triggers outrage on the left and fandom on the right, is set to speak at 6 p.m. April 2 for tickets priced from $30 to $5,000 (for front-row VIP seating)— plus $20 parking.

Holy shit, that's disgusting. I frikkin' hate mega churches. Ironically, the most soulless institutions man has created.

Americans laughed at Romney for calling Russia our greatest geopolitical foe back in 2012, so what the hell are you talking about 'constant paranoia' about Russia?

I've personally always found it to be distasteful for politicians to campaign at places of worship. But any good religious institution ought to stand up for human rights. So I guess for me there's a line.
Recognizing politicians and churches have a long and tangled relationship is in no way an endorsement of the practice.

Recognizing politicians and churches have a long and tangled relationship is in no way an endorsement of the practice.

Never said otherwise.

Never said otherwise.
I apologized misunderstood your comment.

It’s a really sticky issue. You got the down side when you have someone say vote this way or that and the burn in hell chants. But there is also some up sides like some of the civil rights planning that took place in some churches. People’s religious convictions and associations are sometimes strange to me .

Back
Top Bottom