• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Capitol Police officer cleared of wrongdoing in fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt during Capitol attack

Yeah, browser is fine, my mistake, I searched for a real flag. The amazon "flag" is simply a flat piece of, as they put it, a 3' x 5' soft material. Evidently with a photo graphic imprinted on it. You can get a feel for the real object in the shot of it hanging on a wall in a staged room. They added some grommets so you could put it on a flag pole if you wanted and call it a flag if you want, but in my book it is not a flag, rather a slick marketing creation for the gullible. Calling it a flag is like Yankee Doodle, stuck a feather in his hat and called it macaroni.

$16.98? yes we do have different browsers, mine show the exact same thing - images and all, as $8.99. Worth every bit of that at half the price.

That’s the best “Bill Clinton” I have heard in a while!

”It all depends on what you mean by “FLAG!”

Quibble much?

Because they didnt find anyone in Congress to harm You did hear them screaming 'Hang Pence' and 'Kill Pelosi' right? You did see the gallows outside? You saw the spear the horned idiot was carrying?

What silliness. Its a flag pole. Appears that he wandered about the Capitol among Capitol police for over an hour and never used it even once as a weapon. AND THIS is your evidence that the mob was armed.

What silliness. Its a flag pole. Appears that he wandered about the Capitol among Capitol police for over an hour and never used it even once as a weapon. AND THIS is your evidence that the mob was armed.
Some were spear-tipped. It's on video. And bashing with flagpoles broke windows, doors. Certainly they'd do the same to skulls.

For that individual...did you see him interact with LE?

The mob was armed. That's what bludgeons are. Weapons. Your flaccid denial is obvious. I note you couldnt refute the rest of my post either.

They demonstrated their 'intention' by beating LEOs with clubs, stomping them, crushing them in doorways, and injuring around 150 of them in the process. You cannot honestly look at the destruction and injuries they inflicted and assume peaceful intent. Oh, they were willing to beat and injure LEOs who got in their way in pursuit of members of Congress, but surely they wouldn't actually harm any member of Congress, that's different! Says no one not delusional...

I can clearly see in the video 3 armed officers casually leaned up against the wall 2 ft away from Ashli right before she was shot and see 4 different, tactically armed officers at her side 5 seconds after she was shot. None of them as much as even touched by the mob that surrounded them.

You are lying, because you have to. It's a bludgeon, no different than a baseball bat...and the spear tipped ones are....spears :rolleyes:
If I'm concealed carrying my 9mm, am I armed? Of course I am. Has nothing to do with use...so you fail again. An armed mob means one in possession of arms.

And of course bludgeons and spears are 'arms.' They were used as such in war long before fireams were invented. Were those ancient armies "unarmed?" LOLOLOLOL Maybe they shouldnt have been called 'armies!' :LOL::LOL:

You are lying, because you have to. It's a bludgeon, no different than a baseball bat...and the spear tipped ones are....spears :rolleyes:
If I'm concealed carrying my 9mm, am I armed? Of course I am. Has nothing to do with use...so you fail again. An armed mob means one in possession of arms.

And of course bludgeons and spears are 'arms.' They were used as such in war long before fireams were invented. Were those ancient armies "unarmed?" LOLOLOLOL Maybe they shouldnt have been called 'armies!' :LOL::LOL:

Lying? He wasnt indicted for any type of assault or battery. Because he walked around the whitehouse, among Capitol police and never used his flagpole even once as a weapon.

Lying? He wasnt indicted for any type of assault or battery. Because he walked around the whitehouse, among Capitol police and never used his flagpole even once as a weapon.
On the other hand, he was charged with having a stun gun.

You just make the shit up as you go along

Why are you going to misinformation? The 'dangerous weapon' charge was a stun gun

Why are you going to misinformation? The 'dangerous weapon' charge was a stun gun

No, its still just you with the misinformation. We werent talking about Richard Barnett of Arkansas and were instead speaking of Jacob Anthony Chansley from Arizona dressed in face paint, buffalo headdress and a flag pole with a decorative spear tip. But you knew that.

No, its still just you with the misinformation. We werent talking about Richard Barnett of Arkansas and were instead speaking of Jacob Anthony Chansley from Arizona dressed in face paint, buffalo headdress and a flag pole with a decorative spear tip. But you knew that.
My mistake.

Now, when it comes to that whining qannon spoiled brat (organic food in prison indeed). that's a different matter.

Now, according to the judge, the reason he has to stay in jail is the following

Lamberth noted Chansley's refusal to listen to U.S. Capitol Police and other law enforcement officers during the breach as proof that, if released, he wouldn't comply with conditions of his release or follow orders from police.

Additionally, the judge said Chansley's own language on social media and during the Capitol riots can be perceived as threatening and promising future violent actions. That included comments Chansley made supporting the hanging of "traitors," according to the judge's ruling.

So, his actions showed he won't listen to law enforcement, and his statements and social media posts showed claims for violence.

I wasnt discussing him personally regarding the Bobbit case, please read better. I was using him as one example (not the only one) of people walking around with weapons. And you ignored that a person walking around with a weapon is considered armed...that's just pure dishonesty.

You are floundering here, just bobbing and weaving in hopes I'll move on. I've dismantled your argument regarding the mob not being armed...and you've been stuck with nowhere to go.

Quick question... what the 1/6 attack on the capitol a big deal? Yes or no.

They would have had just as hard a time climbing through that small window as she did and don't forget about the other police officers right there behind her.

Face it...there was no reason for the shooter to kill the woman. None.
I think it's hilarious that when it comes to an unarmed black person being shot you will justify ANY action taken by the police. But when it's someone you sympathize with, a fellow Trump cultist trying to take over our nation's capital building, you suddenly pretend to care about protecting human life or not using lethal weapons. What is it you always say? If she didn't want to get shot she shouldn't have been there doing what she was doing. 100% her fault.

I think it's hilarious that when it comes to an unarmed black person being shot you will justify ANY action taken by the police. But when it's someone you sympathize with, a fellow Trump cultist trying to take over our nation's capital building, you suddenly pretend to care about protecting human life or not using lethal weapons. What is it you always say? If she didn't want to get shot she shouldn't have been there doing what she was doing. 100% her fault.
You really should stop making shit up about me.

1. I never "justify ANY action taken by the police" unless there are facts that justify the action taken.
2. I have never supported the riot in the Capitol.

Go back and read my first post in this thread. I didn't justify the woman's actions. I was speaking only of the policeman's actions. I pointed out facts...and these facts show that there was no reason for the cop to kill the woman.

You're just proving my point. Your example describes an imminent threat. The situation there is not analogous to the situation when Babbit was shot.
Oh well...

We can see from the other chamber what they intended to do. Selfies, standing at the speakers lectern shouting some nonsense. Looking through left behind papers looking for who knows what. You really think that guy who made it to Nancy's desk for photo op, would have instead dragged her out to the mock gallows outside for execution, had she still been there? He probably would have wanted to get her into the photo.
What we do know is there was a few select groups.
Some were tourists.
Some wanted to yell and scream.
Some wanted to hang and shoot
Some wanted to make a citizens arrest

Right he just wanted to throw his arm around her and take a photo..what a load of shit. Like literal shit.

They demonstrated their intention. Entering the chamber and milling about.

They used a chat app that's acts like a walkie talkie and people recorded them and their intentions.

We also have recordings of "hang Mike pence".
We also have written statements they want to shoot Nancy.
We have audio of them wanted to arrest Congressmen ans women.

You people are trying way to hard to cover for your friends.

Again I'll make the offer. I'll grab a flag pole and hit you with it. Let's see how you feel after I'm done.
If you feel you aren't hurt I'll concede it's not a weapon.

This is waterboarding all over again and none of you manned up to get waterboarded to prove it wasn't. Just typed a bunch of nonsense..

All bark..

Has anyone sent thoughts and prayers yet?

Back
Top Bottom