• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Fox News contributors quit over Tucker Carlson's Jan. 6 documentary

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
A pair of Fox News contributors have quit their roles at the network, saying prime-time host Tucker Carlson's recent documentary series examining the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was a breaking point.​
"The special — which ran on Fox’s subscription streaming service earlier this month and was promoted on Fox News — is presented in the style of an exposé, a hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism," the two journalists wrote in an entry on their political news and commentary website The Dispatch.​
"In reality, it is a collection of incoherent conspiracy-mongering, riddled with factual inaccuracies, half-truths, deceptive imagery, and damning omissions.​

Just another day at Fox "News."

Here they are...

Jonah Goldberg

Steve Hayes

More on Fox need to find their moral compass and journalistic integrity and resign...and be out spoken about it. ...but the money is too good I suppose.

More on Fox need to find their moral compass and journalistic integrity and resign...and be out spoken about it. ...but the money is too good I suppose.
can you imagine being a parent and having to look your kids in the eye when they know you lie for Fox News for a living and pass on CTs about Pence and the attempted insurrection and stuff?

can you imagine being a parent and having to look your kids in the eye when they know you lie for Fox News for a living and pass on CTs about Pence and the attempted insurrection and stuff?
Their kids are probably just as bad. Or if mommy or daddy brings home lots of bacon it doesn't matter.

I saw on a clip the other day of Laura Imgraham wearing a cross around her neck. Must have been just for decoration.

A pair of Fox News contributors have quit their roles at the network, saying prime-time host Tucker Carlson's recent documentary series examining the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was a breaking point.​
"The special — which ran on Fox’s subscription streaming service earlier this month and was promoted on Fox News — is presented in the style of an exposé, a hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism," the two journalists wrote in an entry on their political news and commentary website The Dispatch.​
"In reality, it is a collection of incoherent conspiracy-mongering, riddled with factual inaccuracies, half-truths, deceptive imagery, and damning omissions.​

Just another day at Fox "News."

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that neither of you have never seen the story since Fox Nation is a subscription service and none of you would pay to see a Tucker Carlson piece. That said, I have a high degree of confidence that you dont know what you're talking about.

I just thought I'd mention it in case someone believes you.

Why did you feel the need to post their pictures? I don't see how what they look like is relevant to the story.

As someone that was in journalism a picture always adds depth to a subject. Furthermore maybe he thought someone would be curious if they had seen them on the air?

What's the big deal?

Why did you feel the need to post their pictures? I don't see how what they look like is relevant to the story.
Why did you feel the need to question why I posted their pictures? I don't see how your post is relevant to what I feel free to do.

Their kids are probably just as bad. Or if mommy or daddy brings home lots of bacon it doesn't matter.

I saw on a clip the other day of Laura Imgraham wearing a cross around her neck. Must have been just for decoration.

She's worn a cross since before she started work at Fox, not that it matters.

Why did you feel the need to question why I posted their pictures? I don't see how your post is relevant to what I feel free to do.
Because I could think of negative reasons, around making them more easily identifiable or some identify politics that passed me by and I was hoping you had a more benign explanation.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that neither of you have never seen the story since Fox Nation is a subscription service and none of you would pay to see a Tucker Carlson piece. That said, I have a high degree of confidence that you dont know what you're talking about.

Au contraire one doesn't have to be an avid watcher of Tucker Carlson to know what he's all about. He's all about proposterous lies just for ratings. He's all over the airways and Internet from forums to blogs to commentary.

I don't need a subscription service to watch Fox News which features Tucker Carlson everynight. It's part of my satellite package whether I want it or not.

I don't understand this comment. The OP referenced two individuals who worked on the piece and therefore presumably are far more familiar with it than any viewer could be.

Au contraire one doesn't have to be an avid watcher of Tucker Carlson to know what he's all about. He's all about proposterous lies just for ratings. He's all over the airways and Internet from forums to blogs to commentary.

I don't need a subscription service to watch Fox News which features Tucker Carlson everynight. It's part of my satellite package whether I want it or not.

I said "Fox Nation", not Fox News.

It is for far too many. Jesus' message was one of radical social justice. He'd be nothing but a commie agitator in the eyes of some if he were around today.

As someone that was in journalism a picture always adds depth to a subject. Furthermore maybe he thought someone would be curious if they had seen them on the air?

What's the big deal?
I am glad Caughtin posted the pictures. We have a poster here who is constantly throwing around RW media personalities' names (they aren't for the most part reporters or journalists) as if we all knew who they were talking about. I often spend time checking out who they are if I want to comment. I was glad to see the pictures, one guy I recognize the other I don't think I have ever seen but it was good to know who had the integrity to walk from Fox.

It is for far too many. Jesus' message was one of radical social justice. He'd be nothing but a commie agitator in the eyes of some if he were around today.

Jesus' message was about forgiveness.

Back
Top Bottom