• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter set to accept Musk's $43 billion offer

So who'll be the first to delete their Twitter account? ;) Bwuahahahaha
Never had one to start with. Not FB either. In fact, if you call this (DP) social media, this is all I have ever belonged to. I have no use nor any time for the others.

This has managed to peg a solid "Meh" on my personal Give-A-Shit-Ometer. At best Twitter is simply another social that is used to sling shit at people. No different than Facebook or DP. I saw no reason to ban Trump or anyone else for simply being assholes but that was the board's choice. Putting Trump back on Twitter does nothing but make his insanity more visible. I'm all for it. I want people to see what a shitty human being he is. And how equally shitty his followers are.

What I do find funny is that with a stroke of a pen on sale day Musk will be far far closer to a no-holds-barred social platform than Truth Social ever got. Time to add that stinking corpse to the long list of Trump business failures.
Right now, leaders from all over the world use twitter, journalists, police, people on the street reporting breaking news, everyone who's anyone uses twitter. It's super busy with the Russia/Ukraine war. Twitter is the world's bulletin board. It will be interesting to see if official type accounts want to continue posting there if it becomes a free for all. I don't think Musk is stupid enough to let it become a sewer. No matter how rich he is, 43 billion is a lot of cash and he's going to want it to stay popular with as many as possible. Maybe he will change some of the TOS, but I really doubt it will be a free for all.

Trump was kicked off twitter because his speech was adding gasoline to a fire at the time, but 800 arrests have calmed folks down some. It probably wouldn't matter if he were back. However, he says he's not interested in twitter anymore. If it goes private, Trump might change his mind, but it will surely be the end of Truth Social if he does.

People like Ted Cruz love to be on Twitter bitching about Twitter. I don't get it.

And what is DeathSantis doing to Disney in Florida. Screwing them because they don't agree with his political horse shit. It's do as I say, not as I do. I sure hope voters are paying attention.

They wont. They still have 98% of the market with many media sites and social media. Twitter is just one place. And most of american isnt on it. More people get their news directly from MSM.
Twitter had a huge impact on the last election and was fundamental in getting Biden elected by suppressing information. That won't happen in the coming election if this sale goes through.

This is a game changer. The left will lose control of the narrative which is something they desperately need to perpetuate their Marxism in America agenda and in fact an integral part of it.

No it isn't. Conservatives post plenty on twitter and a lot more than the left.

Right now, leaders from all over the world use twitter, journalists, police, people on the street reporting breaking news, everyone who's anyone uses twitter. It's super busy with the Russia/Ukraine war. Twitter is the world's bulletin board. It will be interesting to see if official type accounts want to continue posting there if it becomes a free for all. I don't think Musk is stupid enough to let it become a sewer. No matter how rich he is, 43 billion is a lot of cash and he's going to want it to stay popular with as many as possible. Maybe he will change some of the TOS, but I really doubt it will be a free for all.

Trump was kicked off twitter because his speech was adding gasoline to a fire at the time, but 800 arrests have calmed folks down some. It probably wouldn't matter if he were back. However, he says he's not interested in twitter anymore. If it goes private, Trump might change his mind, but it will surely be the end of Truth Social if he does.
Won't be a need for Truth Social with a non biased Twitter

So who'll be the first to delete their Twitter account? ;) Bwuahahahaha
You should have seen your medical professional by this point………

Only in your own mind, my friend. It's you people who were giddy about the possibility. I don't give a shit about Twitter.
What are the escape hatches?
This is a game changer. The left will lose control of the narrative which is something they desperately need to perpetuate their Marxism in America agenda and in fact an integral part of it.

Trumpist fake victimization.png

Trumpists never explained how "the left" could simultaneously be (1) so overwhelmingly powerful, intelligent, and strategically-minded that they can dominate every institution and business that exists so as to victimize Trumpists, and (2) so impossibly stupid, incompetent, and "sleepy" that they never accomplish anything ever.

Could you please explain the idiocy behind this vast librul conspiracy you're always on about? Until you can make sense of that, I don't see any reason to consider the even dumber possibility that "the left" saw the future and created twitter so as to ban Trump fourteen years later, thereby "controlling the narrative".

In fact, I don't think there's any point pondering the sheer idiocy of your pretending that Twitter is the only place in which a narrative can be had, or your pretending that the absence of Trump in a given space means that "the left" controls it.

Again, you gotta first explain how "the left" can be as stupid as you claim, but also could have managed to control everything right down to Twitter.

Trumpists never explained how "the left" could simultaneously be (1) so overwhelmingly powerful, intelligent, and strategically-minded that they can dominate every institution and business that exists so as to victimize Trumpists, and (2) so impossibly stupid, incompetent, and "sleepy" that they never accomplish anything ever.

Could you please explain the idiocy behind this vast librul conspiracy you're always on about? Until you can make sense of that, I don't see any reason to consider the even dumber possibility that "the left" saw the future and created twitter so as to ban Trump fourteen years later, thereby "controlling the narrative".

In fact, I don't think there's any point pondering the sheer idiocy of your pretending that Twitter is the only place in which a narrative can be had, or your pretending that the absence of Trump in a given space means that "the left" controls it.

Again, you gotta first explain how "the left" can be as stupid as you claim, but also could have managed to control everything right down to Twitter.
Intersting how the left is obsessed with Trump being allowed back on Twitter. The overriding issue is non censored for political reasons free speech not Trump. TDS is rampant.

The Hunter story was banned by Twitter as fake news.

Well, it was. The only thing that seems remotely true about it is that Hunter did indeed, at one point, possess a laptop that he does not now have.

The thing the Trumpist shop owner had cannot be remotely authenticated as being in the state it was when Hunter Biden last possessed it. Indeed, files were moved, folders created, and other changes made months after he supposedly dropped it off. And whose hands did it pass through? Giuiliani's. The Big Lie idiot. The point-man for trying to force Ukraine to fabricate evidence against Hunter Biden and, failing that, to announce fake investigations into him.

And just like Hillary...

...just like everyone else you called a criminal...

...Trump's DOJ did not so much as indict him.

Just another Tan Suit Banghazi Nothingburger, double the mustard, extra side of fake news.

Intersting how the left is obsessed with Trump being allowed back on Twitter. The overriding issue is non censored for political reasons free speech not Trump. TDS is rampant.

That's right, Trumpist. Run. You got nothing. Just a sack of dumbass lies you stole from Fox and then half-forgot.

We can't be super-geniuses that control and dominate the world, using our powers to victimize vulnerable Trumpists who are not capable of defending themselves...

....but ALSO infinitely stupid bumblers who cannot accomplish anything ever.

(Nevermind that if we were the evil super-geniuses you claim we are when you want to whine, Trumpists would never have existed. We wouldn't have allowed that. Except we're not. And you're just fencing lies)

Twitter had a huge impact on the last election and was fundamental in getting Biden elected by suppressing information. That won't happen in the coming election if this sale goes through.
Oh joy! Now we can look forward to unverified candidate oppo/mud slinging from highly suspicious sources. I'll bet you bitched about the dossier, didn't you? The Hunter Biden laptop is no different. Let's just live in a fantasy world of our own making and base important real world decisions on them, like voting. Super.

The Hunter laptop was brought to us shortly before the election by this guy:
1650912584853.png

1650912686479.png
1650912863687.png

Oh joy! Now we can look forward to unverified candidate oppo/mud slinging from highly suspicious sources. I'll bet you bitched about the dossier, didn't you? The Hunter Biden laptop is no different. Let's just live in a fantasy world of our own making and base important real world decisions on them, like voting. Super.

The Hunter laptop was brought to us shortly before the election by this guy:
View attachment 67387444

View attachment 67387445
View attachment 67387448
Now we can decide for ourselves what is and isn't fake news.

Well that was a rude condesending post. Why are you trying to start a flame war in this thread I wonder?

I find it laughable that so many frail hand wringing liberals are in absolute fear that Donald Trump may have access to Twitter again. That his words can upset the frail infantile sensibilities and cause "the sky to fall" LOL.

Poor liberals, they may have their insecurity blanket ripped from their hands. LOL

Thank you for making my point.

Well that was a rude condesending post. Why are you trying to start a flame war in this thread I wonder?

I find it laughable that so many frail hand wringing liberals are in absolute fear that Donald Trump may have access to Twitter again. That his words can upset the frail infantile sensibilities and cause "the sky to fall" LOL.

Poor liberals, they may have their insecurity blanket ripped from their hands. LOL
Interesting that people think Trump is the only person who was banned from Twitter for "misinformation." A cousin of mine was banned for daring to say that her choice to transition to male was a mistake. It was deemed misinformation. How can one's personal truth be deemed misinformation? It didn't fit the Twitter agenda.

Great news for freedom of speech

Yeah, well you’ll all be crying if and when Musk either doesn’t let trump back on Twitter, or kicks him back off of it.

Which is inevitable since Trump can’t resist biting the hand that feeds him.

I remember when his act used to inevitably contain an idiotic fable about a snake. He was describing himself, of course. But the knuckledraggers never got it.

Lets hope he delivers on free speech absolutism. I can finally rejoin. #trustbutverify

I find the people who claim to be #trustbutverify none too picky about the verify part.

most seem perfectly willing to take the word of Some Guy in the Internet, as long as it’s what they want to hear.

Interesting that people think Trump is the only person who was banned from Twitter for "misinformation."
I never said Trump was the only one banned. There have been scientists banned who have bona fide credentials who have dared to challenge some of the climate data who have been banned. Which is laughable to me that some Twitter moderator, probably some 20 year old going to college for a humanties degree, is able to pull the plug on anyone else just based on their feelings being upset.

A cousin of mine was banned for daring to say that her choice to transition to male was a mistake. It was deemed misinformation. How can one's personal truth be deemed misinformation? It didn't fit the Twitter agenda.
You are making my point. Twitter and Facebook will arbitrarily censor whatever they FEEL is not in step with their narrative. Any truth deemed to be inconvenient will be stricken.

Yeah, well you’ll all be crying if and when Musk either doesn’t let trump back on Twitter, or kicks him back off of it.

I remember when his act used to inevitably contain an idiotic fable about a snake. He was describing himself, of course. But the knuckledraggers never got it.
I'd forgotten that story. I think you're right.

No it didnt, the MSM did as always. Whether people can post about Hunters laptop on twitter didnt sway the election.

I never tuned into Twitter anyway. Not anything Tump posted, or anyone else. Don't care. Twitter is NOT a place anybody with half a brain would go to for news in the first place.

How so?

You made the claim. Now back it up.

Trump didn’t get banned until after Jan 6th, which was after the election.

But he was telling his disciples to flee to where they could get the “real” news on Parler, Telegram, or someplace else from and expert named “Q”.

Back
Top Bottom