• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twitter becomes Truth Social over night.

They're just singing to the choir. Pandering to the conservative base. I could care less about Twitter. Never joined and never will.
How is twitter pandering to the conservative base? What I suspect is the people in control of shadow banning filters realized the jig is up, and before Twitter is fully handed over to new management, finally decided to mitigate the poor optics of what they have been doing with shadow banning sooner than later.

FYI, Musk is a liberal. He posted this just the other day:

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 3.27.04 PM.png

Twitter is now musk and he can do whatever he sees fit with the platform, no longer be able to shadow ban, lol. It is the new gop outrage phrase, we're being shadow banned. Millions more stable geniuses on twitter overnight, oh boy.
Explain how over night many Republican Twitter posters suddenly got millions of new followers? These people aren't posting more, haven't changed their content, but suddenly MILLIONS of "new" followers?

The answer is that searches and links off of other content is no longer being pushed down or filtered out by the program. Come on, you know these sites work, what pops up a the top are either things which create more ad money, or are what is the post popular stuff. And if a program is filtering something out, then that is shadow banning.

How is twitter pandering to the conservative base? What I suspect is the people in control of shadow banning filters realized the jig is up, and before Twitter is fully handed over to new management, finally decided to mitigate the poor optics of what they have been doing with shadow banning sooner than later.

FYI, Musk is a liberal. He posted this just the other day:

View attachment 67388185
Well, at least we know Elon Musk didn’t go to art school. He’s still wrong, though.

127F70BE-AB5C-4BDF-930E-BC6BC1F26BC1.jpeg

On top of that, Hollywood celebs, progressives and democratic politicians have been losing 10's of thousands (if not millions) of followers at the same time sparking many to wonder wtf is going on over there. Some speculate that the numbers for left leaning accounts have been artificially inflated and the company is scrambling to get it cleaned up before Musk's people take over.

Hadn't heard that but it makes sense. The intentional filtering goes both ways. Google is the king of doing that. I remember how during the 2012 election if you were on Google and searched out something negative about Hillary in order to fact check for yourself, Google would populate the first page or two with articles that were all glowing puff pieces.

If anything under Musk, it sound like there will be at least more neutral competition of information. Musk stated he wants to confirm every single human on Twitter in order to defeat bots. On one had that sounds great, but on another hand it centers a ton of knowledge about individual people---- and who will be tapping into that?

I'm not on Twitter, Facebook or any of it. I may read some things on Twitter, but I see no need to have an account.

Shouldn't someone start a [RIP] Twitter thread, where those that need to can grieve and fall apart?

Answer your own question, then provide evidence for your answer.
You're the one who made the statement. If you HONESTLY don't believe twitter was ever targetting conservatives, then you must sincerely that Donald Trump jr getting 90k new accounts over night is just.....normal behavior? Isn't that your stance? all these new conservative followers are just......nothing?
So cute for someone who can't clarify their own position.

You're the one who made the statement. If you HONESTLY don't believe twitter was ever targetting conservatives, then you must sincerely that Donald Trump jr getting 90k new accounts over night is just.....normal behavior? Isn't that your stance? all these new conservative followers are just......nothing?

So cute for someone who can't clarify their own position.
Don't worry, you'll get over that hump someday.

Don't worry, you'll get over that hump someday.
lol ok, don't answer the question. someone might think you're being cowardly, but it's no skin off my back! 😂

The fact that left wing accounts lost followers, and conservatives gained so much, over night, suggests there was manipulation of the algorithms. .

A bigger question is if we are going to see if the algorithms in the past were heavily in favor of the left?

Or that about 90% of the (original) content is produced by 10% of the users.

While very true, I do tend to follow a fair number of people on Twitter both left and right (and I am happy to admit I am on both GETTR and Truth Social *entirely* for the entertainment factor.)

Explain how over night many Republican Twitter posters suddenly got millions of new followers? These people aren't posting more, haven't changed their content, but suddenly MILLIONS of "new" followers?

The answer is that searches and links off of other content is no longer being pushed down or filtered out by the program. Come on, you know these sites work, what pops up a the top are either things which create more ad money, or are what is the post popular stuff. And if a program is filtering something out, then that is shadow banning.

Yeah, the jig is up and correcting things quick before the boss Elon walks through the door.

A bigger question is if we are going to see if the algorithms in the past were heavily in favor of the left?
I know your persecution complex is never going to allow you to comprehend this, but the algorithms have favored the right for years.

I know your persecution complex is never going to allow you to comprehend this, but the algorithms have favored the right for years.

LOL!

Like those thousands of followers on Republican posters showing up overnight...lol!

Back
Top Bottom