• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump's VP pick?

trump's VP pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rob Portman, although I hope he doesn't do it.

Second choice is Scott Brown.

Dennis Hastert or Caitlyn Jenner

It has to be Palin.
The Moose and Squirrel Team:thumbs:

Rick Scott of Florida IMO would be the safest move, but he is not on the list. Picked Kasich, only cause all the other choices made NO sense. Kinda obvious a conservative had nothing to do with this poll or thread. Just being honest.

Rick Scott of Florida IMO would be the safest move, but he is not on the list. Picked Kasich, only cause all the other choices made NO sense. Kinda obvious a conservative had nothing to do with this poll or thread. Just being honest.

That's what the "other" option is for.

I am changing my guess to Eric Cantor, almost all of the benefits of Boehner, fewer liabilities, and I have come to believe that Boehner does not have the fight left in him.

Thinking outside the box Sheriff David Clark would be an interesting pick.

download (13).jpg

Bio from Wikipedia:
Clarke was born in the Milwaukee to Jeri and David Clarke Sr., a former paratrooper with the 2nd Ranger Infantry Company.[1] He attended Marquette University High School.

He went on to earn a degree in Criminal Justice Management from Concordia University Wisconsin, graduating summa cum laude. In 2003, Concordia University named him Wisconsin Alumnus of the Year. His postgraduate work includes graduating from the FBI National Academy and the National Executive Institute in Quantico, Virginia; completing the Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government; Driving Government Performance: Leadership Strategies that Produce Results at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government; and studying with Police Chief William Bratton and L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca.[3]

His career in law enforcement began in 1978 at the Milwaukee Police Department (MPD). After 11 years as a patrol officer, Clarke was promoted to Detective, making the Homicide Division less than 1 year later. In 1992, Clarke was again promoted to Lieutenant of Detectives. The next step was becoming Captain of Police for the MPD in 1996. In 1999, Clarke took over the post of Commanding Officer for MPD's Intelligence Division. Clarke then became Milwaukee County Sheriff in 2002, currently holding the same post.

I heard that he has Ben Carson on the committee to select his VP. I admire Dr. Carson, but I'm sorry, that's as ridiculous as Obama having Caroline Kennedy on his selection committee. Carson isn't qualified to do this IMO.

Being more realistic, I could see him naming Christie as VP and Giuliani as chief of staff. Maybe it could put him over the top in New York. If I was him I'd try hard to convince Mark Cuban and Marcus Lemonis to become part of administration on reinventing government bureaucracy. I know Lemonis is especially not a fan, and Cuban has recently doubted if Trump is up for the job but if Trump can use patriotism and convince them he is clay that can be molded, maybe he could get them on board. Make all these appointments early in campaign would help him in election. If this disaster happens, speaking of trump being elected, I'm hoping he surrounds himself with smart people and they convince him to change on stuff like trade and immigration.

Trump needs a lot of help. I hope someone advises him not to do what Truman did if similar circumstances arises, someone with a higher moral compass. It would be great if he'd be advised on the green economy by Musk and Doerr. He needs a lot of help in not being such a polarizing figure. I wish there was a great third party candidate. I'm struggling with the choice of Hilary and Trump.

I didn't think Mark Cuban would be interested in VP position but according to the link below he may be interested. That would be a homerun for Trump. I still don't think I could vote for Trump but Cuban would be an interesting pick.

Forbes Welcome

I didn't think Mark Cuban would be interested in VP position but according to the link below he may be interested. That would be a homerun for Trump. I still don't think I could vote for Trump but Cuban would be an interesting pick.

Forbes Welcome

i found this a more interesting read:
A timeline of Mark Cuban considering being either vice president nominee or maybe even president - SBNation.com

cuban does not strike me as someone who could accept being second banana

would not surprise me to see him try to out donald tRump in a 2020 presidential campaign

i found this a more interesting read:
A timeline of Mark Cuban considering being either vice president nominee or maybe even president - SBNation.com

cuban does not strike me as someone who could accept being second banana

would not surprise me to see him try to out donald tRump in a 2020 presidential campaign

Yeah I'd be surprised if he would accept VP. I agree with Cuban as far as accepting VP if Trump would listen to him. I think Cuban would add a lot as far as possibly modernizing government bureaucracies, technology, and free trade.

Back
Top Bottom