• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Personal Black Monday

NWRatCon

Eco**Social Marketeer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Although Donald Trump has had a bleak week, Monday is going to be a particularly black day for him (and other Trumps).

First, Monday is the day that NY v. Trump criminal trial was to begin. Instead, it will be a day for resolving motions and setting the trial date.

Tranche Warfare: What to Expect at the March 25 Trump Discovery Hearing (Just Security)​

"Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan has scheduled a hearing for Monday, March 25 to get to the bottom of why somewhat voluminous tranches of documents have been produced to Donald Trump only in March of this year, for a criminal trial against the former president that was supposed to have started on Monday, but has now been postponed for at least 20 days (until tax day, April 15). When Justice Merchan hears District Attorney Alvin Bragg and Trump’s attorneys on that date it likely will be tranche warfare: Trump’s side will contend that the delayed disclosures of relevant materials in drips and drabs is the DA’s fault, and Bragg will be laying blame on Trump and on the federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York."

The trial judge has already denied most of Trump's motions to exclude witnesses and evidence, and granted the State's. Moreover, "State prosecutors in New York said Thursday that fewer than 300 of the over 170,000 documents recently turned over to lawyers for former President Donald Trump are potentially relevant to his criminal defense and that their case alleging falsified business records should proceed to trial on April 15." Manhattan DA tells judge not to further delay Trump trial: 'Enough is enough' (NBC)
I believe the judge will agree. Expect an April 15 trial date.

Also Monday, Trump has to post a bond for his appeal of the NY AG fraud case. But,

Trump Spurned by 30 Companies as He Seeks Bond in $454 Million Judgment (NYT)​

Even if he posts the bond, he will be encumbering significant assets to guarantee it. If he doesn't,

New York Attorney General takes initial step to prepare to seize Trump assets (CNN)​

"State lawyers entered the judgments with the clerk’s office in Westchester County on March 6, just one week after Judge Arthur Engoron made official his $464 million decision against Trump, his sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, and the Trump Organization." On Monday, James will begin filing liens against his NY assets, starting with Seven Springs. She may also start attaching his bank accounts.

Further, on Friday,

DWAC stock shares close nearly 14% down after Trump social media merger approved by shareholders (CNBC)​

Trump took a putative paper loss that actually exceeds the bond requirement. The reality of the badness of the merger is coming home to roost. Expect the stock to fall further Monday. "Trump holds a majority of shares in the new company, which would have been worth $3 billion or more given Friday’s opening price for DWAC.

But the value of his forthcoming shares will be lower if the newly designated stock does not return to its opening price from Friday morning.

A total of 11% of the tradable shares of DWAC are being sold short, FactSet data shows.

This means investors holding these positions are betting the price will fall before they have to buy the shares back and return them to the entities who loaned the shares to them." The par value of the stock is $11.00.

Although Donald Trump has had a bleak week, Monday is going to be a particularly black day for him (and other Trumps).

First, Monday is the day that NY v. Trump criminal trial was to begin. Instead, it will be a day for resolving motions and setting the trial date.

Tranche Warfare: What to Expect at the March 25 Trump Discovery Hearing (Just Security)​

"Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan has scheduled a hearing for Monday, March 25 to get to the bottom of why somewhat voluminous tranches of documents have been produced to Donald Trump only in March of this year, for a criminal trial against the former president that was supposed to have started on Monday, but has now been postponed for at least 20 days (until tax day, April 15). When Justice Merchan hears District Attorney Alvin Bragg and Trump’s attorneys on that date it likely will be tranche warfare: Trump’s side will contend that the delayed disclosures of relevant materials in drips and drabs is the DA’s fault, and Bragg will be laying blame on Trump and on the federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York."

The trial judge has already denied most of Trump's motions to exclude witnesses and evidence, and granted the State's. Moreover, "State prosecutors in New York said Thursday that fewer than 300 of the over 170,000 documents recently turned over to lawyers for former President Donald Trump are potentially relevant to his criminal defense and that their case alleging falsified business records should proceed to trial on April 15." Manhattan DA tells judge not to further delay Trump trial: 'Enough is enough' (NBC)

Also Monday, Trump has to post a bond for his appeal of the NY AG fraud case. But,

Even if he posts the bond, he will be encumbering significant assets to guarantee it. If he doesn't,

New York Attorney General takes initial step to prepare to seize Trump assets (CNN)​

"State lawyers entered the judgments with the clerk’s office in Westchester County on March 6, just one week after Judge Arthur Engoron made official his $464 million decision against Trump, his sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, and the Trump Organization." On Monday, James will begin filing liens against his NY assets, starting with Seven Springs. She may also start attaching his bank accounts.

Further, on Friday,

DWAC stock shares close nearly 14% down after Trump social media merger approved by shareholders (CNBC)​

Trump took a putative paper loss that actually exceeds the bond requirement. The reality of the badness of the merger is coming home to roost. Expect the stock to fall further Monday. "Trump holds a majority of shares in the new company, which would have been worth $3 billion or more given Friday’s opening price for DWAC.

But the value of his forthcoming shares will be lower if the newly designated stock does not return to its opening price from Friday morning.

A total of 11% of the tradable shares of DWAC are being sold short, FactSet data shows.

This means investors holding these positions are betting the price will fall before they have to buy the shares back and return them to the entities who loaned the shares to them." The par value of the stock is $11.00.

You're a little premature in your judgement.

another NY trial.. another day in the corrupt system

Further, on Friday,

I’ve been watching this guy walk between the raindrops for 40+ years. It’s time to expose him to the system and the chips fall where they fall.

I'm not convinced that anything will happen. There will probably be some loophole, delay, or both.

I could almost feel sorry for Trump with what he is facing now, but then I remember all the people he has harmed and decide that my T's & P's are better used elsewhere.

DWAC stock shares close nearly 14% down after Trump social media merger approved by shareholders (CNBC)

Wonder what Trump's reaction will be if the stock totally tanks and ends up only worth a hundred million or so, or less.
I can't see how a Trump owned property of ANY kind could be considered a sound investment, nothing else he has touched has turned out good, so why would this be a notable exception?

which is the entire point and why he can't get any cash.

I think too many people are waiting for the dramatic smoking gun or clean sweep. No, they're going to bleed him long and slow. He's too clever by half, too slippery to be trusted so they're weathering his stockpile, rattling his supply and scaring his former partner/investors he's bragged so heavily about.

and the fact he's making the death more and more noisy only adds to the anticipation of 'something' which will never come.

Frankly, I'm loving this slow death. Now if George Bush was arrested and charged with war crimes I would be satisfied for life.

Correct!

Monday may be the worst day in the life of the Honorable Donald John Trump.

Although I personally have had no proof of the existence of God, I am praying for Him to help Mr. Trump to persevere.

I can understand how galling it must be for him to have all his many New York holdings confiscated by that (so-called) "attorney general" who has contributed nothing to society and who has depended all her life using her gender and ethnicity to feed at the public trough.

May Mr. Donald, Ms. Melania, and Mr. Barron be protected from their despicable (and envious) enemies.

<snipped>

I can understand how galling it must be for him to have all his many New York holdings confiscated by that (so-called) "attorney general" who has contributed nothing to society and who has depended all her life using her gender and ethnicity to feed at the public trough.

<snipped>
You're showcasing your misogyny and your racism.

Along with your hostility to those with J.D.s.

Correct!

Monday may be the worst day in the life of the Honorable Donald John Trump.

Although I personally have had no proof of the existence of God, I am praying for Him to help Mr. Trump to persevere.

May Mr. Donald, Ms. Melania, and Mr. Barron be protected from their despicable (and envious) enemies.
from your lips to God's ears ( so it is said) .
~~^
Gyalten Sogdzin Rinpoche said that Jambhala is the protector of all sentient beings from all sickness and difficulties.
Jambhala is a Bodhisattva of material and spiritual wealth as well as many other things, especially of granting financial stability.

Because in this world, there are all kinds of wrathful and negative emotions or bad spirits, and sometimes they will harm you and other sentient beings, Dzambhala must take on such a wrathful and powerful form to protect us from these harmful spirits and negative karma. Especially, Dzambhala helps us minimize or decrease all misfortunes and obstacles and helps us increase all good fortune and happiness.[2]

800px-Nationalmuseum_Neu-Delhi_2017-12-27m.jpg

You're showcasing your misogyny and your racism.

Along with your hostility to those with J.D.s.
And anyone with a brain, integrity or a modicum of humanity. A perfect Trump sycophant.

Troll, troll, troll the thread, nothing to contribute. What a complete waste of DNA. Proof that God has a wicked sense of humor.

I'm not convinced that anything will happen. There will probably be some loophole, delay, or both.
It's good to be skeptical. I'm from Missouri. I believe it when it happens.

That's just a nonsense statement, intended to be vaguely insulting without saying anything. Troll elsewhere.

Nope, just a warning to you that this isn't over. I'm pretty sure you have a lot of experience with being wrong.

If I wanted to be insulting you'd know it.

from your lips to God's ears ( so it is said) .
~~^
Gyalten Sogdzin Rinpoche said that Jambhala is the protector of all sentient beings from all sickness and difficulties.
Jambhala is a Bodhisattva of material and spiritual wealth as well as many other things, especially of granting financial stability.

Because in this world, there are all kinds of wrathful and negative emotions or bad spirits, and sometimes they will harm you and other sentient beings, Dzambhala must take on such a wrathful and powerful form to protect us from these harmful spirits and negative karma. Especially, Dzambhala helps us minimize or decrease all misfortunes and obstacles and helps us increase all good fortune and happiness.[2]

800px-Nationalmuseum_Neu-Delhi_2017-12-27m.jpg

I had that experience too!

I only took 5 tabs of acid

lol. lawfare isnt "American"
Lawfare. Do you know what 'fare' means when used as a verb? Think 'fare well'.
If you say what's happening isn't American, who's doing it? Greeks? Brazilians?
Trump is an immoral, fraudulent con man. He tells you blatant lies to try to make you angry. Anyone who supports him for President is willing to sell their country for the sake of "Pown the libs!"

Back
Top Bottom