• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump was right

Metanoia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump was right when he said the military were suckers and losers. All the ex-military that assaulted the Capitol were suckers for believing the lies of Trump. They were his puppets wrapped in flags.

Trump was right when he said the military were suckers and losers. All the ex-military that assaulted the Capitol were suckers for believing the lies of Trump. They were his puppets wrapped in flags.
It's worse that that....

This memo should not have been needed. But apparently it was. We have a lot of Nazis in out midst.

There are millions of military veterans on the left and the right that had zero to do with what happened.

There's a saying in Germany:

That if nine people sit at a table with one Nazi, there are 10 Nazis at the table.

That if nine people sit at a table with one Nazi, there are 10 Nazis at the table.
Quite a difference between choosing to sit at a table with someone and being in an organization with over 1 million people.

Though I am not surprised you can't see that

I’ll wait until we see how it turns out. As long as she wasn’t in uniform and not claiming to be there as an official representative of the Army, she’s probably right; a citizen exercising her rights.

if you take the oath it only applies when you are in uniform ? Must be a new policy but I was in the service years ago......

if you take the oath it only applies when you are in uniform ? Must be a new policy but I was in the service years ago......
She has a right to protest

Quite a difference between choosing to sit at a table with someone and being in an organization with over 1 million people.

Though I am not surprised you can't see that

And what is the difference ?
Are you saying that the fascists and Trumpists in the military don't let their feelings known to the people who continue to serve with them (ie: sit at the table)

Why are you not surprised ?

I can feel you slander coming on...

My mom immigrated to the US from Germany so no disrespect toward Germany as a whole, but that is a stupid saying.

Nope. Military still have rights, including free speech; the cannot wear uniforms nor use their military status for political purposes, however. Those that entered the Capitol are subject to military as well as civilian charges.

Here’s a brief explanation of the do’s and don’t for military participating in political activity
Actually the military does not have free speech, anything they say in or out of uniform can be used against them. I remember when much of the military flat out hated obama, and we were flat out allowed to hate the commander in chief, however we could be punished for posting on facebook talking trash about him or participating in protests and political rallies, as the military is supposed to be non political, and every member of the armed forces is representing the military whether in uniform or not.

Actually the military does not have free speech, anything they say in or out of uniform can be used against them. I remember when much of the military flat out hated obama, and we were flat out allowed to hate the commander in chief, however we could be punished for posting on facebook talking trash about him or participating in protests and political rallies, as the military is supposed to be non political, and every member of the armed forces is representing the military whether in uniform or not.
My link above addresses things like this.

My mom immigrated to the US from Germany so no disrespect toward Germany as a whole, but that is a stupid saying.

What does your mom have to do with it ?

And if you think it's stupid you either don't understand it/don't understand history, or are a Nazi yourself.

Back
Top Bottom