• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump wanted to shoot protesters

Today's my day for being misunderstood, I think.

My perception is that Trump didn't escalate our various overseas military adventures during him time in office. He kept them going to some extent, certainly didn't get in the way of the MIC (except that time he wanted wall money,) but he also brought some troops home.

As such, he's the first POTUS since Bill Clinton to manage to not get entangled in new military adventures.

If he was a bloodthirsty bastard, we'd notice. He's not subtle.
trump is more interested in harming Americans who don't like him and all brown immigrants. When it came to conflicts overseas, benign neglect seemed to be the rule of the day, i.e. Syria.

LOL "Scary Poppins" Love it!

nina-jankowicz-side.jpg

View attachment 67388624
View attachment 67388625
Yeah - wish I'd thought of it. It's classic. :)

We'd have to have actual confirmation that this happened but Trump has called for police to not be gentle at his rallies so this wouldn't be totally out of character.

Today's my day for being misunderstood, I think.

My perception is that Trump didn't escalate our various overseas military adventures during him time in office. He kept them going to some extent, certainly didn't get in the way of the MIC (except that time he wanted wall money,) but he also brought some troops home.

As such, he's the first POTUS since Bill Clinton to manage to not get entangled in new military adventures.

If he was a bloodthirsty bastard, we'd notice. He's not subtle.
I think we are fortunate that Trump did not have to face an international crisis.

According to this source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/cant-you...lence-against-floyd-protesters-151957658.html

Trump wanted to shoot protesters. I guess I'll just take this source's word for it, but generally speaking my policy has been to verify whether or not it's true. Maybe the Ministry of Truth can fact check this story.

I wonder why he wanted to shoot protesters; it doesn't get specific about whether he said anything about shooting rioters who are looting, starting fires, being violent, etc. Maybe Trump just thinks it would be better for his optics to shoot those who are being peaceful while exercising their 1st Amendment right, but do nothing about those being violent and destructive. :unsure:
Don't you remember Trump had to go hide in the bunker for a bit because the protesters were trying to breech the WH grounds? And yes, they'd set a fire in a church annex down the block. It got a little scary there for a minute. Maybe that's when he said that.

What indicates Trump wanted to shoot protesters?

He said so? Not good enough. Harry Truman used to talk about wanting to use nuclear weapons on Russia and China.
Trump wanted to use them on hurricanes…🙄

The Cult doesn't care.

I despise Trump, but one upside to him was that he seemed to have very little taste for violence, or at least for ordering it himself.

So I don't believe this story as presented. It does sound like Trump's sense of humor, though.
Sense of humor? Like a Jr HS student, it never matured.

That one i will leave to the jury.

Interesting question. We are used to Trump saying offensive, bigoted, violent, etc., things and to lie a lot. That probably has some of us, especially if we are not among the ones insulted, adopting a “that’s just Donald” response when the next verbal atrocity appears. (And in addition, few people say “surely that can’t be true” when an outrageous quote from Trump appears.). For example, one assumes that cops just rolled their eyes and ignored Trump’s suggestion that they not be so gentle with suspects. If any other President, Clinton, Obama or the Bushes had said this stuff, people would have been worried — justifiably.

Funny, just made me think of what FOX said about Tucker Carlsons own “verbal atrocities,” that they assume people don’t take him seriously.

You forget Trump wasnt a politician. Other Presidents did say things, they just knew from years of lawyering and politicking not to get caught. And they were much less likely to have leaks.

Of course not. If it had been Clinton or Obama saying the same thing would you have believed he wanted to?
Yes. When someone says they want to do something, then I believe that they want to do it. Why else would they say it?

Of course he did! I mean what else would the right wing messiah advocate for?

You forget Trump wasnt a politician. Other Presidents did say things, they just knew from years of lawyering and politicking notto get caught. And they were much less likely to have leaks.
Trump has been involved in politics for years. I can hardly believe that he doesn't know what he is doing. His formula is different from the norm. He discovered that his rhetoric works with a significant number of people. There was evidence released of e.g., Nixon saying bigoted things in private, and I assume other politicians have as well, but Trump is no babe in the woods here, innocently spouting bigotry. Long ago, George Wallace, a relative moderate in southern politics said that he lost his first Alabama election because his opponent "out-niggered" him. He moved to the right and won the next time. (On a cannot mention Wallace without acknowledging his apology in later years.)

Hope springs eternal. One can dream that Trump may someday apologize for calling immigrants poisonous snakes.

Yes. When someone says they want to do something, then I believe that they want to do it. Why else would they say it?
I usually dont put much importance on whether or not someone really believes what they say, instead i focus on what they say and what it does.

Trump has been involved in politics for years. I can hardly believe that he doesn't know what he is doing. His formula is different from the norm. He discovered that his rhetoric works with a significant number of people. There was evidence released of e.g., Nixon saying bigoted things in private, and I assume other politicians have as well, but Trump is no babe in the woods here, innocently spouting bigotry. Long ago, George Wallace, a relative moderate in southern politics said that he lost his first Alabama election because his opponent "out-niggered" him. He moved to the right and won the next time. (On a cannot mention Wallace without acknowledging his apology in later years.)

Hope springs eternal. One can dream that Trump may someday apologize for calling immigrants poisonous snakes.

No, he defintely never had the ability to moderate his language to fool people into beleiving him. Maybe because he had **** you money. My point is not that is not some bigot, but rather that he is not good at hiding it like real politicians and the rest of us. Trump didnt care about losing his job.

No, he defintely never had the ability to moderate his language to fool people into beleiving him. Maybe because he had **** you money. My point is not that is not some bigot, but rather that he is not good at hiding it like real politicians and the rest of us. Trump didnt care about losing his job.
Didn’t care about losing his job? Why did no one tell the Jan 6 people?

Didn’t care about losing his job? Why did no one tell the Jan 6 people?

He didnt care about losing his job because of his words.

WHy did I get involved in a Trump thread? I should know better.... Im out.

He didnt care about losing his job because of his words.

WHy did I get involved in a Trump thread? I should know better.... Im out.
I get it, sorry.

According to this source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/cant-you...lence-against-floyd-protesters-151957658.html

Trump wanted to shoot protesters. I guess I'll just take this source's word for it, but generally speaking my policy has been to verify whether or not it's true. Maybe the Ministry of Truth can fact check this story.

I wonder why he wanted to shoot protesters; it doesn't get specific about whether he said anything about shooting rioters who are looting, starting fires, being violent, etc. Maybe Trump just thinks it would be better for his optics to shoot those who are being peaceful while exercising their 1st Amendment right, but do nothing about those being violent and destructive. :unsure:
If your policy has been to "verify whether or not it's true" then why would you "take this source's word for it"?
There have been so many similar false accusations like saying President Trump called WW1 soldiers "suckers" and "losers" which was a lie.
How many more books do you think this guy will sell after this story accompanied the books release? Where was he the day he claims President Trump said this? That was the time to make a stand against something so evil.

If your policy has been to "verify whether or not it's true" then why would you "take this source's word for it"?
There have been so many similar false accusations like saying President Trump called WW1 soldiers "suckers" and "losers" which was a lie.
How many more books do you think this guy will sell after this story accompanied the books release? Where was he the day he claims President Trump said this? That was the time to make a stand against something so evil.
LOL I was essentially being facetious, by basically making light of how this story seems ambiguous or what not.

LOL I was essentially being facetious, by basically making light of how this story seems ambiguous or what not.
Oh ok. I really missed that so I thought I would try to help you out.

I despise Trump, but one upside to him was that he seemed to have very little taste for violence, or at least for ordering it himself.

So I don't believe this story as presented. It does sound like Trump's sense of humor, though.

Kudos on your perceptiveness.

Don't you remember Trump had to go hide in the bunker for a bit because the protesters were trying to breech the WH grounds? And yes, they'd set a fire in a church annex down the block. It got a little scary there for a minute. Maybe that's when he said that.

Or after he was briefed about a few dozen Secret Service agents being injured by the peaceful protesters, perhaps.

Possibly, but he did approve of torture, suggested “taking out the families” of terrorists, suggested shooting migrants in the legs, and that police not be so gentle with suspects.

Trump didnt care about losing his job.
He and his Rowers are forever hysterical about losing reelection.

Losing his job.

Trump the guy who fired so many saps on tv got fired in real life by the tens of millions of voters.

That he could get fired by the entire nation never crossed his alleged mind.

Possibly, but he did approve of torture, suggested “taking out the families” of terrorists, suggested shooting migrants in the legs, and that police not be so gentle with suspects.
Yeah, that's Trump for sure.

But then let's look at the Trump Rowers.

They'd been hollering for years to line up the machine guns at the border, that migrants would never approach it again.

To call such barbarism as people being "deplorable" is to be generous indeed. Once their guy was in power and authority they went for their Holy Grail. As they'd continue to do with any Republican Potus. No limits to what they'd do.

Back
Top Bottom