• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Walks Out of Border Talks, Calls Them ‘Total Waste of Time’

So, anyone who walks out during a vehicle price negotiation with a car dealership is a *****?

That’s some great analogy there, skippy! When the dealer walks out, yeah, pretty much, the ***** label goes with him/her!

What was the premise of the “situation room” meeting, if not a negotiation?

From Trump's point of view, he was willing to negotiate. They weren't.

"I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!” - Trump

"I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!” - Trump

trump needs to agree to open the government...Until then, he gets nothing

Lotsa drugs being backpacked across the Rio Grande, you figger? Billions and billions of bucks worth?

I said drugs cost the US $155 Billion a year. I didn't say the smugglers bring in $155 Billion worth of drugs a year.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

They are a total waste of time. Trump just needs to open the government back up, blame it on the Dems, and say he is bigger than the Dems. Then he needs to declare a national emergency and build the wall - screw the left who have no interest in border security at all. I just read today that both California and New York City want to bring on single payer healthcare and specifically include illegals. And they want us to believe they are interested in border security.
WaPo: Build the wall? It could take at least 10 years, even with 10,000 workers

First, what kind of "emergency" takes 10 years to respond? A president can't just declare something an emergency to do an end-run around Congress, which the constitution says has the power of the purse. For people who say they are strict constitutionalist, your hypocrisy is showing under your slip.

Second, where are we going to find 10,000 workers who want to work in the blazing sun? Oh, we'll get Mexicans to build the wall.

Third, many countries cover visitors on their health care systems. It's smart to assure that any communicable illnesses are not spread. Thus, what you say NY and CA are doing is consistent with common practice and common sense.

What kind of putz walks out of a meeting he has called in his own house? Do you say “bye-bye” to guests in your house and then retreat to a “safe” area? Sack up and tell them to “get the **** out!”

Drugs cost the US $155 Billion a year.

We MAKE money with a wall.

Wait, are they going to put a pharmacy in the wall?

His next book will be "The Art of the Dud."

He can just rename this book and save the time & money for a ghostwriter.

41Dgn3ZYeXL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

What kind of putz walks out of a meeting he has called in his own house? Do you say “bye-bye” to guests in your house and then retreat to a “safe” area? Sack up and tell them to “get the **** out!”

If you invite someone to your office to make a business deal...and they flat out say no...the meeting is over.

I said drugs cost the US $155 Billion a year. I didn't say the smugglers bring in $155 Billion worth of drugs a year.

Reading comprehension is your friend.
Last night, Trump was saying that the wall will pay for itself because it will 'only' cost $5 billion when drugs cost over $500 billion (his words.) The only way that makes any sense is if all or most of the drugs come through the southern border, which they don't. Thus, the linkage between the two is a shallow argument.

trump needs to agree to open the government...Until then, he gets nothing

Nancy made it clear that he gets nothing even if he does open the government.

If you invite someone to your office to make a business deal...and they flat out say no...the meeting is over.
Pelosi and Schumer's position was well-known before the meeting, so it shouldn't have been a surprise. But it is amusing reading you twist yourself into a pretzel defending this knucklehead.

Nancy made it clear that he gets nothing even if he does open the government.

Not true,,,Blue State America has been clear...Open the Government....We will stand strong and United...We will not back down....

That is rich! Do you storm out of “your office” to make your point? :doh

Last night, Trump was saying that the wall will pay for itself because it will 'only' cost $5 billion when drugs cost over $500 billion (his words.) The only way that makes any sense is if all or most of the drugs come through the southern border, which they don't. Thus, the linkage between the two is a shallow argument.

You're right. My number was incorrect. Illegal drugs cost the US MUCH more than $155 Billion a year. That means, with a wall we can make a LOT more money.

That is rich! Do you storm out of “your office” to make your point? :doh

I might...if they come to my office, giving the impression they want to make a deal.

Pelosi and Schumer's position was well-known before the meeting, so it shouldn't have been a surprise. But it is amusing reading you twist yourself into a pretzel defending this knucklehead.

shrug...

He had to make one last effort, before he moves on without them.

He can try but the majority of the people do not want a wall. That’s the facts.

The opposition party always says that, even if its not true

I don't know about government, but in a negotiation in the real world, if you aren't prepared to walk, you are a patsy.

That was a few years ago, public opinion can and does shift quickly. Also, I believe he lost the vote as it pertains to public opinion even with lower (D) turnout.

Either way, most Americans are against the wall. Not just liberals.

Whose to say the people are against the wall now all of sudden

shrug...

He had to make one last effort, before he moves on without them.

There will be NO more "meetings"...Until Blue State America decides to have them......trump will not tell us what to do

Back
Top Bottom