• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump voters only. Do any of you regret having voted for Trump?

If you voted for Trump, do you regret your vote today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALiberalModerate

Pragmatist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Just a simple question. I don't even think this should be a debate. It is just something I am wondering. If you voted for Trump either in 2016 or 2020, do you have any regrets today?

Yes, I totally regret letting the Russian Trolls make me doubt my thesis.

I also regret letting someone else get the reigns at the last debate.

You voted for him.

Yes, I totally regret letting the Russian Trolls make me doubt my thesis.

I also regret letting someone else get the reigns at the last debate.

You voted for him.

I am sorry but what do you my "you voted for him"?

I am sorry but what do you my "you voted for him"?
That's what I always tell people when they're complaining about Trump, "You voted for him."

When you let the middle swing voter, that has no mind of its own, go with Trump, you voted for him.

That's what I always tell people when they're complaining about Trump, "You voted for him."

When you let the middle swing voter, that has no mind of its own, go with Trump, you voted for him.

Did you vote for Trump or not?

Just a simple question. I don't even think this should be a debate. It is just something I am wondering. If you voted for Trump either in 2016 or 2020, do you have any regrets today?

I am surprised people are even voting in your poll.

I am surprised people are even voting in your poll.

Why I personally have no intention at all debating anyone's responses in this thread. I am just curious if anyone has changed their mind about it. Seriously, why would someone not vote in the poll?

No, I do NOT "regret my vote" cast for Mr. Trump; either in 2016 or in 2020.

I made the choice based on the options available. I chose a person who advocated more ideas that I agreed with than I disagreed with, as well as the person I thought was the better overall candidate than the Democrat candidate offered.

A review of my post history since the 2016 election cycle to date will show all the reasons why, so I don't feel any need to "justify" by repeating them again. :coffee:

No, I do NOT "regret my vote" cast for Mr. Trump; neither in 2016 nor in 2020.

I made the choice based on the options available. I chose a person who advocating more ideas that I agreed with than I disagreed with, as well as the person I thought was the better overall candidate than the Democrat candidate offered.

A review of my post history since the 2016 election cycle to date will show all the reason why, so I don't feel any need to "justify" by repeating them again.

Thank you for voting in the poll.

Why I personally have no intention at all debating anyone's responses in this thread. I am just curious if anyone has changed their mind about it. Seriously, why would someone not vote in the poll?

The fickle winds of fate change all to frequently of late, stating an opinion is dangerous anymore.

The fickle winds of fate change all to frequently of late, stating an opinion is dangerous anymore.

I am pretty sure that given the last 2 months and 5 years for that matter if someone is still with Trump, they are going to with him forever no matter what.

I am pretty sure that given the last 2 months and 5 years for that matter if someone is still with Trump, they are going to with him forever no matter what.

There's a difference in feeling that way and stating that publicly. Public declarations are dangerous right now. They are being used as a cudgel against people.

If Bernie was the nominee instead of Joe, I would've voted for trump.

I probably would've regretted it.

I don't like Bernie's politics, but at least Bernie isn't a retard.

There's a difference in feeling that way and stating that publicly. Public declarations are dangerous right now. They are being used as a cudgel against people.

No one knows who you actually are, so I am not sure what you are getting at there.

No one knows who you actually are, so I am not sure what you are getting at there.

They can find it easily enough. This is the only place I comment publicly. I have reduced the number of and limited my comments content. I have made it a point to complete shutting down any and all public presence I have online and having my relatives do the same or at least scrub me from their feeds.

Storm is coming. Seek shelter. Minimize exposure. Out of sight, is out of mind.

I voted for Trump in 2016 and regret it greatly. We would still have hundreds of thousands alive from the pandemic if he would have lost. We wouldn't have lost as many businesses. Nazis and White Supremacists would never of been given legitimacy. The riots over the summer wouldn't have been nearly as bad. Our Democracy and voting system would not have come insincerely into question.

I voted for Trump in 2016 and regret it greatly. We would still have hundreds of thousands alive from the pandemic if he would have lost. We wouldn't have lost as many businesses. Nazis and White Supremacists would never of been given legitimacy. The riots over the summer wouldn't have been nearly as bad. Our Democracy and voting system would not have come insincerely into question.
If someone, anyone, in government had had the balls to look at why those black guys were jeopardising short, lucrative careers by very peacefully protesting police brutality instead of calling them sons of bitches and demanding they be fired just to hear the cheers, those riots might not have happened at all.
I don't know a worse personal insult than son of a bitch. Do you?

For the 500th time, no.

If someone, anyone, in government had had the balls to look at why those black guys were jeopardising short, lucrative careers by very peacefully protesting police brutality instead of calling them sons of bitches and demanding they be fired just to hear the cheers, those riots might not have happened at all.
I don't know a worse personal insult than son of a bitch. Do you?

If Trump would have shown empathy for their grievance and offered to listen this would have gone down differently.

At least you admit your own bias.

At least you admit your own bias.

I am not at all sure what you mean by that? I have never liked Trump. I thought the guy was a scumbag 30 years ago when I was in middle school. I believe he was a Democrat back then. I have always been perfectly clear about my dislike for Donald Trump. However, that isn't really what the thread is about.

If Trump would have shown empathy for their grievance and offered to listen this would have gone down differently.
That's all it would have taken. Instead of grandstanding for his followers, had he kept his big mouth shut and had someone say, "We're going to look into this, and we invite those guys doing the protest to come and sit at a table so we can talk about it." they could have made bales of political hay from the situation and dragged it out with the appearance of 'doing something' and the whole sad chapter would have read differently. Instead he played to the crowd, savoured the cheers and had his picture taken kissing a flag.

Back
Top Bottom