• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump using DOJ to manufacture voter fraud scandal ( 9 discarded "Trump ballots")

Ah, but for the price of a stamp ...
I will never vote absentee unless I am no longer able to make it to the polls. There is something about casting your vote personally. When you have countless stories of grandparents who fled to the U.S. at the turn of the 20th century fleeing Communism on my father's side or those on my mother's side that were patriots who fought for freedom in the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, and their decedents fought for the Union in the Civil War, and all in my family that came before me that fought to preserve liberty and freedom, to stand in a long line to vote is nothing.

I will never vote absentee unless I am no longer able to make it to the polls. There is something about casting your vote personally. When you have countless stories of grandparents who fled to the U.S. at the turn of the 20th century fleeing Communism on my father's side or those on my mother's side that were patriots who fought for freedom in the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, and their decedents fought for the Union in the Civil War, and all in my family that came before me that fought to preserve liberty and freedom, to stand in a long line to vote is nothing.

Voting by mail is so much more convenient, I can sit with my ballot and look up all the down ballot persons I didn't know much about, research them, then there are the ballot initiatives, so it makes more sense, than to stand for hours in a polling place. Besides, I have a bad back, I can't stand in line for very long. I don't see what difference it makes.

The Presidents press secretary read off numerous examples of discarded or destroyed votes among the already returned mail in ballots that were Trump votes. It's clear where the democrats are going with mail in ballots.

Oh for ****'s sakes. Are republicans really this stupid? Say it isn't so.

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence of fraud, which IS what is being implied or directly stated.

do the math. How many ballots would anyone have to destroy to impact and election?

Millions. We'd need trucks, dumpsters, incineration, and a massive cross-state coordinated effort. no way in hell could they not get busted.
and then they would go straight to jail.

The argument is mind-bogglingly absurd. No one is deliberately destroying ballots to impact an election.

In a vote where there are 165 million votes cast, mishaps are statistically 100% going to happen.

They don't prove anything.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...4990a0-ff3b-11ea-b555-4d71a9254f4b_story.html

“There’s a big difference between what happened in Luzerne County and systemic fraud that says you can’t trust the result of the election,” said Ben Ginsberg, a longtime election lawyer for Republicans.

Ginsberg said the Luzerne irregularities “absolutely” warrant investigation, but he also said officials need to distinguish between willful fraud and a simple mistake.

In no election in history, have mishaps not happened, and in no election in history, has a president sunk so low to imply opposition was attempting to steal the election, not like this president has, where not a day has passed where he didn't utter "mail in ballots are rigged".

But, I will say this, TRUMP IS TRYING TO STEAL THE ELECTION BY CASTING DOUBT ON THE INTEGRITY OF THE ELECTORAL PROCESS, IN THE HOPES THAT MINORITIES WILL STAY HOME.

But in point of fact, this is backfiring, we are more motivated than at any juncture in history. The blue wave will now be a BLUENAMI.

Last edited:
This whole narrative "Democrats stealing the election because of 9 discarded ballots" is a total fabrication.

This is what happens when you have lying & cheating politicians who have no sense of decency at the helm of the ship of state.

It wouldn't be so bad, but it is the President and his AG that are behind it, and the jig is up, it's all smoke and mirrors to forward a narrative
that there is rampant voter fraud ( sorry, there just isn't ) and thus mail in voting must be disbanded.

We caught you (Trump & Barr) in your devious scheme. And, Max Wolking, you're a dishonest chump, too.

He deleted the tweet, but we caught it just in time to show what a LIAR he is willing to be to forward a bullshit right wing agenda.

View attachment 67296522

“There’s a big difference between what happened in Luzerne County and systemic fraud that says you can’t trust the result of the election,” said Ben Ginsberg, a longtime election lawyer for Republicans.

Ginsberg said the Luzerne irregularities “absolutely” warrant investigation, but he also said officials need to distinguish between willful fraud and a simple mistake.

Truth be told, the whole affair was caused by Trump suing over 'naked envelopes' and that led to the accidental toss of the ballots as they didn't contain the inner envelope (thus they were 'naked') which was why they were tossed. It's kinda complicated, but that's the long and short of it. The whole thing was innocent. And now, Trump and Barr, like the buffoons of keystone cops they are, SEIZED ON IT like hyenas on a dead carcass ('xcuse the mixed metaphors :) ) .

I'm uploading the Chris Hayes segment which exposes , in great detail, the above, but it will take about an hour to get it uploaded, and MSNBC won't have it uploaded until tomorrow. I will post another OP as a video follow up on this story.

Justice Department policy calls for keeping voter fraud investigations under
wraps to avoid affecting election outcome...

“The question of who voters voted for would be immaterial in any kind of tampering investigation,
and it seems to be in there for political reasons, to bolster the president’s arguments that the election is being rigged against him,” said Richard L. Hasen, a professor of law at the University of California, Irvine.
What? Are you saying it didn’t happen?

What? Are you saying it didn’t happen?

How many times does this happen in ANY national election? When over 100 million votes are cast, there is NO system where its going to be absolutely free of mistakes and errors.

The department of justice is breaking it's own rules in favor of trump. If asked about an investigation they are told to neither confirm or deny any investigation. That's pretty clear. Barr on the other hand announced the investigation and took it one further by saying all the votes were for trump. Had to walk that back since two of the envelopes weren't opened. I wonder how barr knew they were votes for trump, unless of course this is another red flag operation from trump and his goons?

of course Trump will step down if he's elected. he has no choice.

he's probably go on Fox News immediately though. the boy is just a brat supported by MEN who are supposed to despise brats.
Once trump is out of office and disgraced, I suspect him and his brand will be going down the toilet. It's funny how he ran to increase his brand name and now his presidency will destroy it. Ironic.

If you want to get rid of election fraud you need to vote out Trump

Once trump is out of office and disgraced, I suspect him and his brand will be going down the toilet. It's funny how he ran to increase his brand name and now his presidency will destroy it. Ironic.

his plan/ego not only will destroy his own brand, it has how put his own kids (and their real crimes) in legal jeopardy.

How many times does this happen in ANY national election? When over 100 million votes are cast, there is NO system where its going to be absolutely free of mistakes and errors.
Oh, now I understand. You agree with Trump's assessment of mail in voting.

I can respect this. I had the same fleeing grandparents, and though long-gone - they today are still my primary inspiration.

But I have no problem doing absentee, when the situation warrants it. I'm dealing with the pandemic by weighing the risk-reward of my daily actions. I do what I have to, but don't expose myself to un-nescessary risks. Why should I? I have little doubt my vote will be counted fairly.

Unfortunately, due to the vagaries of the Electoral College map & the Blue-ness of my state, my vote for Biden won't matter - my state's EC votes for him are a forgone collusion. I do it (vote) more out of patriotic duty. Just like the little 'voting parties' we did with our kids when they turn 18 & vote the first time. We walk to the polling place as a family, and then go out to eat to celebrate the new kid coming of age! Just like our parents & grandparents did with us!

to stand in line, within a structure with a lot of other voters, is a risk during a pandemic
otherwise, i agree with your post

of course Trump will step down if he's elected. he has no choice.

he's probably go on Fox News immediately though. the boy is just a brat supported by MEN who are supposed to despise brats.
Trump's Administration has said that Trump will step down when the Supreme Court declares Biden the winner and not before. So there is that.

I vote at home, to me there is no 'something' about voting personally at the polls. It's very important to vote and my vote is just as valuable as someone who chooses to make a showing at a polling place. Like others here said, at home you can research and learn more about different candidates or issues before you fill in your ballot, and you can take your time. Plus, with the ongoing spread of COVID-19, thanks to the childish attitudes of Trump and his supporters, it's just plain safer to stay at home if going out is not necessary.

I will be placing my ballot in a drop box for sure this year, because of all the Trump shenanigans involving the post office this election year. The postal workers will do their best to handle the mail despite Trump, but if using a drop box can alleviate some of their burden, I'm happy to do so and advise the same for others.

Oh, now I understand. You agree with Trump's assessment of mail in voting.

When millions of votes are cast, there is going to be some mistakes regardless of the voting method..

Trump's Administration has said that Trump will step down when the Supreme Court declares Biden the winner and not before. So there is that.

Trump says a gazillion things that are lies.

to stand in line, within a structure with a lot of other voters, is a risk during a pandemic
otherwise, i agree with your post

Bubba to me it is no different or more risky than having to go to the grocery store for essentials. The aisles are crowded and the lines to checkout are long. It takes a long time to get groceries these days because I have to pickup so much stuff while still having to prepare most of our meals at home. The grocery delivery and curbside pickup have been a total failure. One has no choice but to go if you want to get what you need.

At our polling cites there will not be anyone allowed to be crowded inside. The line will be outside.

Back
Top Bottom