• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump threatened to primary GOP lawmakers who favor the bipartisan infrastructure plan. 17 Republicans just voted to advance it, including Mitch McCon

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Progress be damned - Got it (S/I/T) Trump! Yet, the DP Trumplicans doesn't like for us to talk about Trump in here anymore. Tell you what, loyal subjects to your King, you get rid of the wrinkled prick and we'll talk a lot less of him.

Ok Trumplican Critters on Capitol Hill, time to shake in your booties. Your King has spoken.

1627587001853.png
The GOP frontman threatened "lots of primaries" ahead for any Republican lawmakers who cooperated with Democrats to get the bipartisan deal passed.

His statement was released after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell announced ahead of the procedural vote in the Senate on Wednesday that he would vote to advance the measure. Seventeen Republicans - including McConnell - joined all 50 Democrats to advance the bipartisan legislation, in a major test for the bill.

Trump, who floated plans for infrastructure spending throughout his presidency, has railed against negotiations in recent days, telling Republican lawmakers to skip the talks - not, it seems, because of any specific issues with the substance but because passage of a bill would be "a victory for the Biden administration and Democrats" and "heavily used in the 2022 election."

On the very day that right wing media explodes in attacks against the Capitol police, trump struts and threatens Republican who vote for the Motion to Proceed.

Seventeen Republicans defied him, Including Mitch McConnell.

Donald Trump may not like it, but he has just been cancelled by the party he thinks he leads.

That will turn out to be a major turning point, as will the testimony of the Capitol police was.

On the very day that right wing media explodes in attacks against the Capitol police, trump struts and threatens Republican who vote for the Motion to Proceed.

Donald Trump may not like it, but he has just been cancelled by the party he thinks he leads.

That will turn out to be a major turning point, as will the testimony of the Capitol police was.
I’m from Missouri, I need to see more. This is like the slasher movies, the monster is never dead when you think they are………

This is the would be Mango Mussolini’s statement…
C8074A67-2756-4E89-8102-F33A0E8C3443.jpeg

None of it true, such as crime being at an all time high. The other thing apparent is that he doesn’t give a damn about improving infrastructure, after numerous infrastructure weeks, but his motive is spite — denying Biden a victory.

As you stated, it is a very telling moment now. If Trump convinces his loyal subjects to thumbs down this piece of popular legislation just to hurt the Democrats and Biden, then he is the strong ugly face of the Trump Party. BUT, if the GOP can find a wee bit of a spine existing in their backs and go with this popular piece of legislation, then I do think like you are thinking - this could be his Waterloo. Here's the positive kicker for the GOP gang. They help pass this, they go back to their districts/states and thump their chests for what 'they' brought to them in a country starved for updates and repairs. The crowd cheers wildly for the good guys.

View attachment 67345250

None of it true, such as crime being at an all time high. The other thing apparent is that he doesn’t give a damn about improving infrastructure, after numerous infrastructure weeks, but his motive is spite — denying Biden a victory.

His commentary gives no indication that he is familiar with the bill.

His commentary gives no indication that he is familiar with the bill.
Through his entire tenure he never showed any interest in getting in there and working to get something done for the American people. He was probably the least informed, least involved of recent Presidents. It was always about him and attacking his enemies........somethings never change. My gut says that if either party puts the kibosh on this bill they will pay a huge price in 2022.

View attachment 67345250

Note how that reads. There is no actual objection to the bill itself, as like others have pointed out, it is most likely that he knows very little about anything in the actual bill.

No, this is about what he couldn't get done that he is seeing the group that he called the "enemy" doing, actually getting things done.

Anyone who can't see that Trump was never about this country, never cared about the American people, was always in it for himself, did things as President to advance himself and his interests, not for Americans, then they are part of the cult, part of the problem.

As each day passes trump becomes less and less relevant and as the court cases against his cronies proceed he will become someone to run away from.

Trump's influence isn't as strong as it once was? Good. Maybe he'll finally shut up and disappear into obscurity.
Then there is the spawn……..

As you stated, it is a very telling moment now. If Trump convinces his loyal subjects to thumbs down this piece of popular legislation just to hurt the Democrats and Biden, then he is the strong ugly face of the Trump Party. BUT, if the GOP can find a wee bit of a spine existing in their backs and go with this popular piece of legislation, then I do think like you are thinking - this could be his Waterloo. Here's the positive kicker for the GOP gang. They help pass this, they go back to their districts/states and thump their chests for what 'they' brought to them in a country starved for updates and repairs. The crowd cheers wildly for the good guys.

I think, based on watching legislative battles for a few decades now (and being involved in them on a local level), that the Motion to Proceed won’t be much different from the final vote. A few more Republicans may get on board.

But once trump gets shut down on a motion to move to negotiation and debate, he won’t have much influence to wield when it comes to the final vote.

Besides, this is a christmas tree bill, now that trump appears to be out of the way. Everyone will want to get on board, and get their project on the list.

Trump's influence isn't as strong as it once was? Good. Maybe he'll finally shut up and disappear into obscurity.

He won’t do that.

He’ll just go back to doing guest spots on daytime TV, bellowing in right wing media, and posing for the tabloids.

I don’t know if his retinue of flunkies still applauds him every time he walks into a room. But it can’t go on much longer.

I find it funny how the base who loves their presidents one day act like they never heard of them the next. Sorta' like Bush/Cheney. They were so toxic at the end of their term they didn't even show up at the republican national convention that year.

His threat is hollow. He threatens to have anyone who stands up to him challenged in a primary. We see how right wing Republicans bumping incumbent Republicans in primaries worked out over a decade ago. Challengers won the primary only to be defeated in the general election by Democrats.

I find it funny how the base who loves their presidents one day act like they never heard of them the next. Sorta' like Bush/Cheney. They were so toxic at the end of their term they didn't even show up at the republican national convention that year.
Going back further to Nixon, who won every state except Massachusetts and DC and a year later nobody would admit voting for him.

Through his entire tenure he never showed any interest in getting in there and working to get something done for the American people. He was probably the least informed, least involved of recent Presidents. It was always about him and attacking his enemies........somethings never change. My gut says that if either party puts the kibosh on this bill they will pay a huge price in 2022.
true that. oddly enough, he made many enemies from his own and attacked them when he didn't get enough blessings on any given day. look at how he even turned on Fox. the guy was/is so spoiled even 7 day curdled milk in the middle of hot ass July smells better than he does.

Going back further to Nixon, who won every state except Massachusetts and DC and a year later nobody would admit voting for him.
and Nixon never summoned a 1/6 insurrection nor did he do a fraction of messed up shit like what (S/I/T) Trump has done. Yet, Trumplicans kneel before him at every chance they get - for now.

and Nixon never summoned a 1/6 insurrection nor did he do a fraction of messed up shit like what (S/I/T) Trump has done. Yet, Trumplicans kneel before him at every chance they get - for now.

Weeeell, he did some pretty nasty stuff, and considered doing more, like bombing the Brookings Institution.

Note how that reads. There is no actual objection to the bill itself, as like others have pointed out, it is most likely that he knows very little about anything in the actual bill.

No, this is about what he couldn't get done that he is seeing the group that he called the "enemy" doing, actually getting things done.

Anyone who can't see that Trump was never about this country, never cared about the American people, was always in it for himself, did things as President to advance himself and his interests, not for Americans, then they are part of the cult, part of the problem.

This is a man who wants all the credit in the world for bringing us the vaccine, but really couldn't care less if anyone takes it.

Lol, that comment might just be a tad dramatic.

Actually, I don't think there is an actual bill quite yet. I was listening to Marsha Blackburn in my car today and it sounds like the Senators have yet to see an "actual bill".

Weeeell, he did some pretty nasty stuff, and considered doing more, like bombing the Brookings Institution.
That's something that has slipped past me - since my head was squirreled up pretty good after I got back across the big pond. Nixon did spawn smaller nutty/evil dicks like Dick Cheney and Roger Stone - that would help mangle our future.

Back
Top Bottom