• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump This Wouldn't Have Happened With Me

Which would you rather?

• Go back and elect Donald Trump in 2020?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **** Putin ****Trump.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I'd still vote for Biden.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • I'm sorry I voted for Biden.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm glad I voted for Trump.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Based on history, no, it wouldn't have happened under Trump.
Obama- Putin takes Crimea.
Trump- Putin doesn't make one move to take Ukraine.
Biden- Putin has taken part of Ukraine without firing a shot.
Exactly, the best way (and, frankly, the only way) to take an educated guess as to if this would happen under Trump is that it didn't happen under Trump.

Sure seems like the administration is conflating 'the price we pay for our values' with the green eco-mentalists' values of the Green New Deal, and passing it off in the larger 'our values'. It is what they wish were true, pushing that narrative to try to make it true, but it's not true, i.e. New Green Deal values are universal in the US electorate, simply isn't true.
And the whole larger "our values" narrative is one Americans seem a bit skeptical of when it comes to Ukraine/Russia. Recent polls are showing the overall support is maybe not what the administration expected or hoped. There seem to be MANY Americans pretty focused on the U.S. messes and thinking those messes need more attention than Ukraine does.

Putin certainly would have prefered to do it on Trump's watch - during his second and presumably final term. But it just didn't work out that way for him.

Exactly, the best way (and, frankly, the only way) to take an educated guess as to if this would happen under Trump is that it didn't happen under Trump.
4 years of Trump and it only took 1 year of Biden. The proof is in the pudding here, but that isn't stopping the Leftist mouthpieces from blaming the guy who managed to NOT be a wartime President.
If they were being honest, they'd say that Trump not only deterred this from happening, but he'd show resolve and strength to meet the invasion. And, and, Trump would do everything in his power to prevent Americans from bearing the brunt of this. Hell, Trump wouldn't have had us suffering economically to begin with.

And the whole larger "our values" narrative is one Americans seem a bit skeptical of when it comes to Ukraine/Russia. Recent polls are showing the overall support is maybe not what the administration expected or hoped. There seem to be MANY Americans pretty focused on the U.S. messes and thinking those messes need more attention than Ukraine does.
Kinda torn on that. The US shouldn't simply stand by and let the Russian bear gobble up nascent Democracies on Russia's border, nor let the Chinese dragon grab Taiwan (where most of the world's computer chips are made right now). But Biden, more so his admin, have placed the US in a very weak and very vulnerable position, constraining domestic energy production to the point changing from a net exporter of energy to a net importer of energy, as demanded by the idiotic New Green Deal eco-extremists, to the point of begging for more oil to be imported from Russia while at the same time sanctioning that same Russia for their invasion of Ukraine.

If Biden, and more so his admin, were to want to strengthen the US position, they'd have to remove and constraints placed on domestic energy production to not only meet the US needs, but also the needs of US allies in the EU, so that they all could give Putin the energy middle finger. This would be flipping a weakness to a strength, and then using that strength as leverage against Russia. But, as Biden and his admin are beholden to the idiotic New Green Deal eco-extremists, I don't think there's a chance in hell that Biden, more so his admin, would ever remove and constraints placed on domestic energy production.

In short, this very weak and very vulnerable position the US is in is due to the New Green Deal eco-extremists idiocy.

Further, "our values" don't align with our top military brass kissing the arses of the woke Left and their "DEI", white-rage narrative. "Our values" are far more aligned with the military being first and foremost, prepared for and concerned about winning wars.
Putin's been moving all the pieces into place all while America has been told that ol' raging whitey is the biggest enemy on earth.
We look like fools, and that will only be cemented across the world in a few days, when a declining, old, bumbling Joe Biden delivers the SOTU to a sparse chamber, all spaced 6 feet apart and wearing masks.
What a strong message, huh?

Kinda torn on that. The US shouldn't simply stand by and let the Russian bear gobble up nascent Democracies on Russia's border, nor let the Chinese dragon grab Taiwan (where most of the world's computer chips are made right now). But Biden, more so his admin, have placed the US in a very weak and very vulnerable position, constraining domestic energy production to the point changing from a net exporter of energy to a net importer of energy, as demanded by the idiotic New Green Deal eco-extremists, to the point of begging for more oil to be imported from Russia while at the same time sanctioning that same Russia for their invasion of Ukraine.

If Biden, and more so his admin, were to want to strengthen the US position, they'd have to remove and constraints placed on domestic energy production to not only meet the US needs, but also the needs of US allies in the EU, so that they all could give Putin the energy middle finger. This would be flipping a weakness to a strength, and then using that strength as leverage against Russia. But, as Biden and his admin are beholden to the idiotic New Green Deal eco-extremists, I don't think there's a chance in hell that Biden, more so his admin, would ever remove and constraints placed on domestic energy production.

In short, this very weak and very vulnerable position the US is in is due to the New Green Deal eco-extremists idiocy.
I love this post. If Biden had a spine and intact brain, he would flip our energy back on and do it NOW. The reason he won't is actually the biggest threat to our country.
Not HONK HONK!

That ship has sailed. We are no longer talking about deterrence.
Biden is not gonna be able to hide in his basement and the progressive media isn't going to be able to protect him this time. He is on the world stage with the spotlight directly on him. There's nowhere for him to hide.

Every president has his moment in office and this is Bidens. He will either raise to the occasion or be exposed as a fraud.

Biden is not gonna be able to hide in his basement and the progressive media isn't going to be able to protect him this time. He is on the world stage with the spotlight directly on him. There's nowhere for him to hide.

Every president has his moment in office and this is Bidens. He will either raise to the occasion or be exposed as a fraud.
I'm inclined to think the latter.

4 years of Trump and it only took 1 year of Biden. The proof is in the pudding here, but that isn't stopping the Leftist mouthpieces from blaming the guy who managed to NOT be a wartime President.
If they were being honest, they'd say that Trump not only deterred this from happening, but he'd show resolve and strength to meet the invasion. And, and, Trump would do everything in his power to prevent Americans from bearing the brunt of this. Hell, Trump wouldn't have had us suffering economically to begin with.
I absolutely think Trump would have shown resolve and strength, likely beginning months ago. As Jack Keane often discusses, action was actually needed in April of 2021. I think there is every reason to believe that Trump would have enacted sanctions long ago which, hopefully by now, would have had an impact great enough to deter this mess. And, of course, the extremely controversial Biden move of waiving sanctions on Nord Stream 2 - was simply a gift to Putin.

IMO, it's more than simply exposed as a fraud. It's also that he's become so well known as weak, late, and unprepared. He demonstrates those traits again and again and again.

I absolutely think Trump would have shown resolve and strength, likely beginning months ago. As Jack Keane often discusses, action was actually needed in April of 2021. I think there is every reason to believe that Trump would have enacted sanctions long ago which, hopefully by now, would have had an impact great enough to deter this mess. And, of course, the extremely controversial Biden move of waiving sanctions on Nord Stream 2 - was simply a gift to Putin.
Of course shutting down our energy production while at the same time, enabling Russia and the ensuing wealth they gain from the agreement, was the antithesis of America First. Which of course, was the point.
Nice of Biden to have also extended the nuke deal beyond Putin's expectations, too!

Biden now has the mantle of wartime President. He cannot just speak off a teleprompter and stifle any extemporaneous speech. His first, very brief address from the WH was mumbling, garbled and self censored. The leader of the free world cannot be censoring himself because of course, it looks like he's being controlled.
Which, Biden is, but we shouldn't be telegraphing that up front right now.

IMO, it's more than simply exposed as a fraud. It's also that he's become so well known as weak, late, and unprepared. He demonstrates those traits again and again and again.
I don't feel sorry for anyone who voted for B
I'm inclined to think the latter.
When I think Biden, I don't exactly think "fraud". I think more like the emperor has no clothes.
The sheer volume of effort to prop Biden up is impressive, but we're not talking poll numbers now. We're talking war.

Biden now has the mantle of wartime President. He cannot just speak off a teleprompter and stifle any extemporaneous speech. His first, very brief address from the WH was mumbling, garbled and self censored. The leader of the free world cannot be censoring himself because of course, it looks like he's being controlled.
Which, Biden is, but we shouldn't be telegraphing that up front right now.
The thing is that this didn't just happen out of the blue, overnight. This has been building for months and they have been gelegraphing their intentions. Nobody was caught by surprise. Biden did nothing to prevent it and I don't see him doing much to end the occupation now that its here.

The thing is that this didn't just happen out of the blue, overnight. This has been building for months and they have been gelegraphing their intentions. Nobody was caught by surprise. Biden did nothing to prevent it and I don't see him doing much to end the occupation now that its here.

What should have Biden done?

He should of been more like Trump but its too late now and even if we could go back in time I don't think he is man enough for what the job demands
What does that mean, "more like Trump"? Give specifics.

What does that mean, "more like Trump"? Give specifics.
Stop with the nonsense. It's Bidens job and his results are miserable. You want to argue he did the best with what he had, go for it. I'm not playing 20 questions with you.

Stop with the nonsense. It's Bidens job and his results are miserable. You want to argue he did the best with what he had, go for it. I'm not playing 20 questions with you.

Deflect much? You said, "He should of been more like Trump ......" I asked for specifics. You didn't give any.
Just like Trump saying" it would not happen with me." Easy to say. No way to prove the statement is true.

I suspect Trump would have done nothing. He didn't do much when Putin invaded Crimea. Anything he did not deter Putin in taking further action.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom