• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump This Wouldn't Have Happened With Me

Which would you rather?

• Go back and elect Donald Trump in 2020?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **** Putin ****Trump.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I'd still vote for Biden.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • I'm sorry I voted for Biden.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm glad I voted for Trump.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
The thing is that this didn't just happen out of the blue, overnight. This has been building for months and they have been gelegraphing their intentions. Nobody was caught by surprise. Biden did nothing to prevent it and I don't see him doing much to end the occupation now that its here.
We've all seen Putin's forces building up since last year and what amazed me is Biden's notion of an "incursion". Who thinks Putin just wants a little piece of Ukraine? That's not even a sane take on what's been building up.
Putin wants Ukraine and then he marches on from there. He-Putin- looks unhinged: like a man who's about to push all his chips to the middle to win everything, or die trying.

Deflect much? You said, "He should of been more like Trump ......" I asked for specifics. You didn't give any.
Just like Trump saying" it would not happen with me." Easy to say. No way to prove the statement is true.

I suspect Trump would have done nothing. He didn't do much when Putin invaded Crimea. Anything he did not deter Putin in taking further action.
You seem to be under the impression that Trump was in office when the Russians took Crimea.

Russian Federation (de facto since 2014)​

Main article: Republic of Crimea
Tourists in Crimea with Russian flag flying, June 2015​
After the 2014 Ukrainian revolution and the flight of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych from Kyiv on 21 February 2014, Russian President Vladimir Putin stated to colleagues that "we must start working on returning Crimea to Russia."[60] Within days, unmarked forces with local militias took over the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol, as well as occupying several localities in Kherson Oblast on the Arabat Spit, which is geographically a part of Crimea. A 2014 referendum on merging Crimea with Russia was supported by 96.7% of voters with a 83.1% turnout according to official counts, although it was boycotted by many loyal to Ukraine and denounced as illegitimate by Western governments.[12][13] The United Nations General Assembly approved a resolution declaring the vote illegal and invalid.[61][62][63] Putin signed a treaty of accession with the self-declared Republic of Crimea, annexing it into the Russian Federation as two federal subjects: the Republic of Crimea and the federal city of Sevastopol. Though Russia had control over the peninsula, sovereignty was disputed as Ukraine and the majority of the international community consider the annexation illegal,[64] as was shown by the United Nations General Assembly adopting a non-binding resolution calling upon states not to recognise changes to the integrity of Ukraine.[65][61] A range of international sanctions were imposed against Russia and a number of named individuals as a result of the events of 2014.[citation needed]​
Who was the president in 2014?

You seem to be under the impression that Trump was in office when the Russians took Crimea.

Russian Federation (de facto since 2014)​

Main article: Republic of Crimea
Tourists in Crimea with Russian flag flying, June 2015​
After the 2014 Ukrainian revolution and the flight of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych from Kyiv on 21 February 2014, Russian President Vladimir Putin stated to colleagues that "we must start working on returning Crimea to Russia."[60] Within days, unmarked forces with local militias took over the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol, as well as occupying several localities in Kherson Oblast on the Arabat Spit, which is geographically a part of Crimea. A 2014 referendum on merging Crimea with Russia was supported by 96.7% of voters with a 83.1% turnout according to official counts, although it was boycotted by many loyal to Ukraine and denounced as illegitimate by Western governments.[12][13] The United Nations General Assembly approved a resolution declaring the vote illegal and invalid.[61][62][63] Putin signed a treaty of accession with the self-declared Republic of Crimea, annexing it into the Russian Federation as two federal subjects: the Republic of Crimea and the federal city of Sevastopol. Though Russia had control over the peninsula, sovereignty was disputed as Ukraine and the majority of the international community consider the annexation illegal,[64] as was shown by the United Nations General Assembly adopting a non-binding resolution calling upon states not to recognise changes to the integrity of Ukraine.[65][61] A range of international sanctions were imposed against Russia and a number of named individuals as a result of the events of 2014.[citation needed]​
Who was the president in 2014?

" How Trump handles the issue will have implications for European security and American credibility. "

" How Trump handles the issue will have implications for European security and American credibility. "
Would you agree that to effectively head off such an invasion needs to be done before hand, and that once the troops are in country, much harder, if not impossible, to get them removed?

That being the case, why didn't Obama take some of the steps that Brookings outlines in your citation before hand?

Based on history, no, it wouldn't have happened under Trump.
Obama- Putin takes Crimea.
Trump- Putin doesn't make one move to take Ukraine.
Biden- Putin has taken part of Ukraine without firing a shot.

The childlike reasoning in this post is rather amusing.

The same case Brookings is making against Trump can also be made about Biden. Biden could of confronted Putin about Crimea when he took office but chose not to. Maybe that emboldened Russia to take more territory.

The bottom line is that Putin expanded his map under both Obama and now Biden. It did not happen under Trump who supposedly was some sort of Manchurian candidate that was controlled by Russia.

Would you agree that to effectively head off such an invasion needs to be done before hand, and that once the troops are in country, much harder, if not impossible, to get them removed?

That being the case, why didn't Obama take some of the steps that Brookings outlines in your citation before hand?
Think of the people that live there as well. It's rather inhumane to wait till they are bombed and doing NOTHING to prevent it beforehand.

The same case Brookings is making against Trump can also be made about Biden. Biden could of confronted Putin about Crimea when he took office but chose not to. Maybe that emboldened Russia to take more territory.

The bottom line is that Putin expanded his map under both Obama and now Biden. It did not happen under Trump who supposedly was some sort of Manchurian candidate that was controlled by Russia.
This is the fact of the matter, which some appear to want to redirect / divert from. Perhaps they are still ensconced in the 'Russian Collusion' hoax? Dunno. I do know that there are here in the forums which still are, even after the evidence which has come out, and continues to come out, to the contrary.

Think of the people that live there as well. It's rather inhumane to wait till they are bombed and doing NOTHING to prevent it beforehand.
'An ounce of prevention' as they say.

Interesting how you avoid discussing Trump and his statement about Ukraine.

To answer your question, it harder to remove an army that is in place, but not impossible.

Back to the OP. What do you believe Trump would have done different with the current Ukraine problem? He did say" it would not happen with me (Trump)"

Interesting how you avoid discussing Trump and his statement about Ukraine.

To answer your question, it harder to remove an army that is in place, but not impossible.

Back to the OP. What do you believe Trump would have done different with the current Ukraine problem? He did say" it would not happen with me (Trump)"
I think simply with Trump being there, Putin wouldn't have invaded the Ukraine. While Obama sent blankets, Trump sent man portable AA missiles and other arms, so probably more of the same.

An earlier poster observed that it was impossible to know, and he was correct.

Nobody was softer on Russia than Trump. A refresher course courtesy of Joe Walsh.....

Trump repeatedly praised Putin.
Trump hired a pro Russian criminal to run his campaign.
Trump said it was good Russia invaded Crimea.
Trump made the 2016 GOP platform anti-Ukraine.
Trump repeatedly dismissed Russian hacking.
Trump capitalized on Russian meddling in 2016.
Trump denied Russian interference in 2016.
Trump undermined Russian sanctions.
Trump was open to lifting sanctions.
Trump would never say Putin was a killer.
Trump tried to return spy bases to Russia.
Trump gave Russia classified intel.
Trump repeatedly attacked NATO.
Trump had to be forced into signing new Russian sanctions.
Trump pushed for a joint cyber security unit with Russia.
Trump thanked Putin for expelling US diplomats from Russia.
Trump eased sanctions on Putin’s top oligarchs.
Trump congratulated Putin on his sham election.
Trump tried to rescind sanctions on Russia for poisoning a defector.
Trump blocked a US statement condemning Russia’s invasion of Georgia.
Trump repeatedly praised far-right pro Russian leaders in Europe.
Trump refused to condemn Russia’s 2018 attack on Ukraine’s military.
Trump defended Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
Trump pushed to let Russia in the G-7.
Trump gave Syria to Russia.
Trump echoed Russian talking points on ISIS.
Trump spread Russian lies about Ukraine.
Trump froze US aid to Ukraine.
Trump smeared US Ambassador to Ukraine.
Trump tried to visit Putin on Russian soil.
Trump gave Putin a PR victory on Covid.
Trump invited Putin to 2020 G-7 Summit.
Trump ordered CIA to share Intel with Russia.
Trump ignored warnings of Russian bounties on our soldiers.
Trump called Russian bounty story a “hoax.”
It’s as if Trump worked for Putin.

Trump This Wouldn't Have Happened With Me:

No, in fact Putin is doing this just because Trump lost.

So are we going to listen to Putin?

So instead, we could have a world ruled by the Russian Oligarchy and Trump?

So how about it, how would Putin get Ukraine with Trump as President?
Yet another Trump delusion. A much better argument could be made that it happened BECAUSE of him as he pretty much dynamited the foundations of NATO. There is no argument to be made the Trump would have provided any deterrence to Putin's ambitions.

I think simply with Trump being there, Putin wouldn't have invaded the Ukraine. While Obama sent blankets, Trump sent man portable AA missiles and other arms, so probably more of the same.

An earlier poster observed that it was impossible to know, and he was correct.
Yep. it is impossible to know. Even for Trump.

Trump was the one who froze aid to Ukraine.

Trump was the one who froze aid to Ukraine.
1/2 the story, isn't it?

"I said hold it up," Trump told reporters during a photo-op with the U.K Prime Minister Boris Johnson. "Let's get others to pay."​
"I made that loud and clear," he said and "told it to a lot of people."​
His argument that European nations needed to contribute more to Ukraine was a new reason given for his claim he was concerned about sending aid -- beyond the "corruption" in Ukraine that he’s previously cited.​

Isn't Ukraine more so an EU countries issue than it is a US issue?

Trump showed exactly what he thought and felt about innocent civilians being killed, when he didn't hesitate to drop a MOAB.

Nobody was softer on Russia than Trump. A refresher course courtesy of Joe Walsh.....

Trump repeatedly praised Putin.
Trump hired a pro Russian criminal to run his campaign.
Trump said it was good Russia invaded Crimea.
Trump made the 2016 GOP platform anti-Ukraine.
Trump repeatedly dismissed Russian hacking.
Trump capitalized on Russian meddling in 2016.
Trump denied Russian interference in 2016.
Trump undermined Russian sanctions.
Trump was open to lifting sanctions.
Trump would never say Putin was a killer.
Trump tried to return spy bases to Russia.
Trump gave Russia classified intel.
Trump repeatedly attacked NATO.
Trump had to be forced into signing new Russian sanctions.
Trump pushed for a joint cyber security unit with Russia.
Trump thanked Putin for expelling US diplomats from Russia.
Trump eased sanctions on Putin’s top oligarchs.
Trump congratulated Putin on his sham election.
Trump tried to rescind sanctions on Russia for poisoning a defector.
Trump blocked a US statement condemning Russia’s invasion of Georgia.
Trump repeatedly praised far-right pro Russian leaders in Europe.
Trump refused to condemn Russia’s 2018 attack on Ukraine’s military.
Trump defended Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
Trump pushed to let Russia in the G-7.
Trump gave Syria to Russia.
Trump echoed Russian talking points on ISIS.
Trump spread Russian lies about Ukraine.
Trump froze US aid to Ukraine.
Trump smeared US Ambassador to Ukraine.
Trump tried to visit Putin on Russian soil.
Trump gave Putin a PR victory on Covid.
Trump invited Putin to 2020 G-7 Summit.
Trump ordered CIA to share Intel with Russia.
Trump ignored warnings of Russian bounties on our soldiers.
Trump called Russian bounty story a “hoax.”
It’s as if Trump worked for Putin.
if you need more detail for each...
pick one and use it on your favorite rePuke...
please, do enjoy yourself...

-peace

1645766039973.png

Last edited:

-peace

Holy Shit!!!
it sounds like Trump is a traitor. Shhh!!!
-peace

1/2 the story, isn't it?

"I said hold it up," Trump told reporters during a photo-op with the U.K Prime Minister Boris Johnson. "Let's get others to pay."​
"I made that loud and clear," he said and "told it to a lot of people."​
His argument that European nations needed to contribute more to Ukraine was a new reason given for his claim he was concerned about sending aid -- beyond the "corruption" in Ukraine that he’s previously cited.​

Isn't Ukraine more so an EU countries issue than it is a US issue?
pathetic

Trump This Wouldn't Have Happened With Me:

No, in fact Putin is doing this just because Trump lost.

So are we going to listen to Putin?

So instead, we could have a world ruled by the Russian Oligarchy and Trump?

So how about it, how would Putin get Ukraine with Trump as President?
Trump's right. What could do a lot of damage to Putin is opening the keystone pipeline.

Biden wants that railroad money so he likely won't do it.

-peace

1645861284613.png

Hammer Belarus with equal or greater sanctions.

Back
Top Bottom