• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: Sometimes you say the wrong thing

Donald Trump seems to be taking clues from Obama??? Apparently going on an apology tour this afternoon Trump actually for the first time since the start of his candidacy admitted some faults of his own doing. Talking about the status of the campaign and the need to do more. But many say it's too late and the damage has already been done or Trump can't keep this pace going. It's not in his personality.

Donald Trump: Sometimes you say the wrong thing - CNNPolitics.com

Trump says he regrets past remarks that 'caused personal pain' | Reuters

Donald Trump Expresses 'Regret' For Saying The Wrong Thing : NPR

Well, when did Obama go an an "apology tour" and Trump is trying to shore up a burning house. He's got two months to go and he thinks "regrets" will work!

:lamo

Cheating small businesses? What leftwing site did you get that from? The choice we have is Hillary or Trump, Trump has my support and regardless of the failures you want to blame on Trump they pale in comparison to what Obama and the left call the most qualified in the campaign. Trump created jobs and made his money in the private sector and obviously is guilty until proven innocent in your world. Hillary is a habitual liar that it doesn't matter what she does or how bad it is, nothing sticks.

I think it's great that you have the freedom to vote for who want.....with that said....so do the rest of us. I really really wanted to vote Republican this time around.....but when Trump became their nominee they lost me....I can't in good conscience vote for him. If you can then that is your right.....what an awesome country we live in where we can freely vote and freely discuss whatever our hearts desire.

As for the last 8 years.....how exactly has Obama's policies affected you directly or failed you directly? My family literally lost our savings and 401 plans during Bush's 8 years so we could stay afloat after major job losses following 9/11. I don't hold Bush personally responsible....but his 8 years deeply affected my family even though we voted for him. On the other hand....under Obama we have recovered...slowly...very slowly....and while we will never be back to where we were before the 9/11 collapse we have fared much better under Obama than we did under Bush.

What makes me mad is that people like you want change, are given the opportunity to have change and let the establishment candidate win. You don't like Trump, he wasn't my choice but he was given that right to be the candidate by millions of votes. Threads like this are nothing more than anti Trump threads to continue to raise doubts. As stated, he wasn't my choice but he will be in November. This country cannot afford more of Hillary and you ought to know that. With Trump you may not like him but there is hope for real change.

Hillary will win my state no matter what I do.

Well, when did Obama go an an "apology tour" and Trump is trying to shore up a burning house. He's got two months to go and he thinks "regrets" will work!:lamo
What exactly does Trump have to apologize for? People cry and scream for change, see a 19.4 trillion dollar debt, stagnant GDP growth, millions employed part time for economic reasons, hundreds of thousands discouraged, the peace lost in Iraq and a world where ISIS is playing havoc and threatening our national security and these people can only demonize the non PC comments ignoring the substance and the true issues. There are too many people here who are hypocrites and ignoring the alternative. How does anyone here know what Trump will do yet vote for Hillary knowing what she has done???

Sad, isn't it, the entitlement, American Idol crowd voting for someone with Hillary's record.

Your base picked the wrong guy. Kasich would be beating her soundly.

Hope you didn't accept Hillary's apology for throwing secrets out for hackers to find.

I already know about crooked Hillary. Too bad you choose to defend crooked Trump.

Trump at least shows humility. Trust me, you will never hear an apology made from Hillary Clinton.

I think you are confusing trump admitting to saying things wrong with actually apologizing for anything.

So last night was the debut of the new and improved Trump after Kellyanne Conway longtime Republican pollster was promoted to manager. She's very good at what she does and is directing Trump to soften the things that he does that makes so many people despise him. I'm afraid it is a little too late. He has lost or never had a good swath of the Republican/Independent voters as they are now seeking alternatives. You can see that in the overwhelming support McMullin is getting in just 10 days since announcing his run for president. People are so hungry for a third choice. It is also why you see an increase in interest for Gary Johnson.

In his speech he lied when he said he was not beholden to any special interests lobbyists. The NRA are collecting money for him and so is the super pac Conservative Majority Fund which is a joke. They claim they raise money to get conservatives elected. If you go to their web page they are cheerleaders for Trump. Trump is no conservative. He is a Nationalist Populist.

One of many unfortunate things this election is the hijacking of the term Conservative and the bastardization of the definition of Conservatism.

Is it odd that Trump has a woman as a campaign manager and Hillary has a man, but it is Hillary that is thought of as the champion for women?

What exactly does Trump have to apologize for? People cry and scream for change, see a 19.4 trillion dollar debt, stagnant GDP growth, millions employed part time for economic reasons, hundreds of thousands discouraged, the peace lost in Iraq and a world where ISIS is playing havoc and threatening our national security and these people can only demonize the non PC comments ignoring the substance and the true issues. There are too many people here who are hypocrites and ignoring the alternative. How does anyone here know what Trump will do yet vote for Hillary knowing what she has done???

Speaking as somebody who fully intends to vote for Donald Trump at this time, he has said things that make me cringe even though I knew what he meant. I cringed because I knew how the NeverTrump, Clinton supporters, and the leftwing MSM would dishonestly spin it for days and the plethora of new threads on message boards it would generate. It was a successful tactic to win the primary easily; not so much to win hearts and minds in the general election campaign. But the mea culpa was a brilliant tactic for now. A bit of contrition and humility re his less acceptable hyperbole was welcomed by a lot of us and made him much more likable. (Even though we know it was a campaign gimmick just as all political speeches usually are.)

But you are right. If we want the status quo and same old same old maintained or put on steroids, then by all means vote for Hillary or one of the more obscure candidates. If we want somebody with the skill set and ego to want to succeed actually making a positive difference, then Trump is the only candidate we have with any chance or motive to do that.

I think it's great that you have the freedom to vote for who want.....with that said....so do the rest of us. I really really wanted to vote Republican this time around.....but when Trump became their nominee they lost me....I can't in good conscience vote for him. If you can then that is your right.....what an awesome country we live in where we can freely vote and freely discuss whatever our hearts desire. As for the last 8 years.....how exactly has Obama's policies affected you directly or failed you directly? My family literally lost our savings and 401 plans during Bush's 8 years so we could stay afloat after major job losses following 9/11. I don't hold Bush personally responsible....but his 8 years deeply affected my family even though we voted for him. On the other hand....under Obama we have recovered...slowly...very slowly....and while we will never be back to where we were before the 9/11 collapse we have fared much better under Obama than we did under Bush.
You blame your loss on Bush? Why? Who controlled the Congress when that happened and what exactly did Obama do to restore your paper loss? I am glad you recovered but it had nothing to do with Obama and Obama has done absolutely nothing to improve the private sector but rather will leave a legacy of debt and another bubble that the next President is going to have to deal with. How in good conscience can you vote for Hillary? Doesn't her actual record not her positions held matter?

I already know about crooked Hillary. Too bad you choose to defend crooked Trump.

You didn't answer up. Did you accept her apology, because I don't remember seeing a thread where you knock her for her apology.

Donald Trump seems to be taking clues from Obama??? Apparently going on an apology tour this afternoon Trump actually for the first time since the start of his candidacy admitted some faults of his own doing. Talking about the status of the campaign and the need to do more. But many say it's too late and the damage has already been done or Trump can't keep this pace going. It's not in his personality.

Donald Trump: Sometimes you say the wrong thing - CNNPolitics.com[/url
[url=http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN10T1MB]Trump says he regrets past remarks that 'caused personal pain' | Reuters

Donald Trump Expresses 'Regret' For Saying The Wrong Thing : NPR

I must of course, respectfully disagree. Yes, he's done and said some things that he should have refrained from. Would I classify them as all dumb, no just not politically smart. However, I believe as he fine tunes this campaign, which is exactly what he is doing, what he should do and what we knew he would do, he's coming on point and with that said, he delivers his message brilliantly. American's have short memories with regards to the stupid stuff, but they are inspired this election and I think we will see things dramatically change over the next couple of months and in Trump's favor. I think it is like those people who peak in high school - no where to go but down. Trump hasn't peaked just yet, so I think we have a lot to look forward too.

As far as Trump apologizing, you'll have to ask HIM, he's the one apologizing. The rest of the world just knows that as a racist and stupendous jerk, he's unqualified to sit as president.

And - you have failed to answer my question: when did Barack Obama go on an apology tour? And for that matter, who did he apologize to and what did he apologize for?

Speaking as somebody who fully intends to vote for Donald Trump at this time, he has said things that make me cringe even though I knew what he meant. I cringed because I knew how the NeverTrump, Clinton supporters, and the leftwing MSM would dishonestly spin it for days and the plethora of new threads on message boards it would generate. It was a successful tactic to win the primary easily; not so much to win hearts and minds in the general election campaign. But the mea culpa was a brilliant tactic for now. A bit of contrition and humility re his less acceptable hyperbole was welcomed by a lot of us and made him much more likable. (Even though we know it was a campaign gimmick just as all political speeches usually are.)

But you are right. If we want the status quo and same old same old maintained or put on steroids, then by all means vote for Hillary or one of the more obscure candidates. If we want somebody with the skill set and ego to want to succeed actually making a positive difference, then Trump is the only candidate we have with any chance or motive to do that.

Can you give some examples of things Trump said that the #NeverTrumper dishonestly spun for days?

Except he really didn't admit to much since he didn't apologize for anything specific, instead just a blanket apology for unspecified things he said at some point in his past. Besides, if you're figuratively ordered by your newly appointed campaign team to repeat some words on a teleprompter saying you're sorry for something something, it's hard to take it seriously.

Yeah, maybe the only thing harder to accept would be a candidate who never even admits to any wrong doing at all - ie: Benghazi, Clinton Foundation, Email Scandal. You know the type, they say they know nothing about any classified emails and then a report released with said emails has pages and pages of information blacked out to Congress because it is so classified.

You didn't answer up. Did you accept her apology, because I don't remember seeing a thread where you knock her for her apology.

Never did, and I have already posted plenty about Hillary, and have denounced her many times. Too bad you don't choose to read them. And too bad that you love Trump so much that you are willing to change any discussion about him to one on Hillary. This thread happens to be about Trump. Are you willing to denounce him, or will you either keep trying to make excuses for him, or keep trying to change the subject?

You blame your loss on Bush? Why? Who controlled the Congress when that happened and what exactly did Obama do to restore your paper loss? I am glad you recovered but it had nothing to do with Obama and Obama has done absolutely nothing to improve the private sector but rather will leave a legacy of debt and another bubble that the next President is going to have to deal with. How in good conscience can you vote for Hillary? Doesn't her actual record not her positions held matter?

You didn't even read what I said...if you did you would have seen my statement "I don't hold Bush personally responsible". You see what you want to see.

Hey! Don't forget that she also killed JFK (she was the one at the grassy knoll), she was the one who got John Lennon to fall in love with Yoko Ono and so destroyed the Beatles, AND she introduced Jane Fonda to Ho Chi Minh in Hanoi!

I'll bet to those who are dead who worked for her, with her or near her, maybe aren't laughing in the afterlife. Really, how many people around your life have so mysteriously died? For me - none.

As far as Trump apologizing, you'll have to ask HIM, he's the one apologizing. The rest of the world just knows that as a racist and stupendous jerk, he's unqualified to sit as president.And - you have failed to answer my question: when did Barack Obama go on an apology tour? And for that matter, who did he apologize to and what did he apologize for?
The rest of the world? the establishment? the leftwing? Yep, all better be prepared for change. Unqualified to you apparently means promoting the mess we have had the past 8 years. What does Obama have to apologize for? How about duping the American people into believing we were going to get true change, a transparent administration, and someone who would going to cause the waters to recede and the world to heal? All we got was a lying community agitator that bailed out his base and added another 8.6 trillion to the debt while creating the worst recovery from a major recession in history

So tax cuts meaning keeping more of the money earned is a problem for you? What a surprise!! Another thread that you are on to try and defend the indefensible. Nothing is ever going to change some people from making the same mistakes over and over again and I guess you are one of those people.

Yes. tax cuts for those that do not need it in a time when income inequality is a problem recognized by both parties is doubling down on failed trickle down economics. I'm tired of the same old BS from the GOP. Tax cuts for the wealthy make things worse for all.

You didn't even read what I said...if you did you would have seen my statement "I don't hold Bush personally responsible". You see what you want to see.
Ok, I APOLOGIZE, I am so frustrated how anyone who will vote for Hillary can say how anyone in good conscience vote for Hillary. With Trump we have a true chance at change, with Hillary it is more of the same, the same policies that got us into the mess in the first place. The housing bubble was created my many people including her husband and if you truly want to read the true Hillary record it is easy to find. When you google that rhetoric you see a lot of verbs thus causes supported but no positive accomplishments in any position held, in fact a lot of failures, failures that cost the taxpayers. Trumps failures cost the taxpayers what?

Back
Top Bottom