• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump signs executive against FB & Twitter

I don't think he can EO his way out of this. It's legislation, the Congress would have to pass a change to the law.
Yeah, like DACA. :ROFLMAO:

Why can't he? Didn't DACA determine that presidents can legislate by executive order and didnt the SCOTUS determined that it can not be repealed by the next president?

Section 230 is not administered by the executive branch. It’s used as a defense and it’s applicability is determined by courts, not the executive branch.

Sure, but "for the greater good" are they at liberty to control facts seeing how billions blindly use their service?

I say call them a publisher and let civil courts decide. That will force them to hold true their claims of freedom of speech.
Of course, they could just say that they are biased and as such your content could be demoted or censored if we do not agree with your political opinion. I'd be good with that as well.
Their platforms, their call. Just like it is at DP.

Section 230 is not administered by the executive branch. It’s used as a defense and it’s applicability is determined by courts, not the executive branch.
Daca wasnt an excutive branch matter either. It is a legislative issue. You cant have it both ways. Either the executive branch has tje power or it does not. The daca devision Clearly favors the idea that tje executive brsnch is empowered to supercede the other branches

Daca wasnt an excutive branch matter either. It is a legislative issue. You cant have it both ways. Either the executive branch has tje power or it does not. The daca devision Clearly favors the idea that tje executive brsnch is empowered to supercede the other branches

More nonsense.. immigration enforcement is absolutely administered by the executive branch

Why can't he? Didn't DACA determine that presidents can legislate by executive order and didnt the SCOTUS determined that it can not be repealed by the next president?

No. What part of right wing trash media told you that?

That was from May.
I thought it sounded familiar. Has it stopped FB and Twitter from doing their thing? Doesn't sound like it.

Back
Top Bottom