• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says Russia would rather have President Hillary Clinton

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
https://fxn.ws/2UidnQg #FoxNews

[h=1]Trump says Russia would rather have President Hillary Clinton[/h]
President Trump said on Fox News' "Hannity" on Wednesday night that the Russian government preferred Hillary Clinton as the president because she wouldn’t have stood up to Russia’s energy industry.

“I will tell you this about Russia, if they had anything on me, it would have come out a long time ago, probably a long time before I ran because they would have been much better off,” Trump said in his first interview since the end of Robert Mueller’s investigation.

“I hope we really get along well with them but they would have been a lot better off with Hillary Clinton as president,” he continued.

The president went on to claim that the Kremlin had more reason to back Clinton, who would have only helped Russia’s energy industry as the Democratic candidate opposed American oil and gas drilling.

Russia much rather have Hillary than Donald Trump. I can tell you that right now."

— Donald Trump
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(mine)

On it's face, this is the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard Trump make yet, and that's saying a lot. Putin hated Hillary Clinton because she was criticized Putin's rigged elections. When mass protests against Russian President Vladimir Putin erupted in Moscow in December 2011, Putin made clear who he thought was really behind them: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

With the protesters accusing Putin of having rigged recent elections, the Russian leader pointed an angry finger at Clinton, who had issued a statement sharply critical of the voting results. “She said they were dishonest and unfair,” Putin fumed in public remarks, saying that Clinton gave “a signal” to demonstrators working “with the support of the U.S. State Department” to undermine his power. “We need to safeguard ourselves from this interference in our internal affairs,” Putin declared.

He knows what Russians want better than the Russians do. Believe me.

President Trump said on Fox News' "Hannity" on Wednesday night that the Russian government preferred Hillary Clinton as the president because she wouldn’t have stood up to Russia’s energy industry.

“I will tell you this about Russia, if they had anything on me, it would have come out a long time ago, probably a long time before I ran because they would have been much better off,” Trump said in his first interview since the end of Robert Mueller’s investigation.

“I hope we really get along well with them but they would have been a lot better off with Hillary Clinton as president,” he continued.

The president went on to claim that the Kremlin had more reason to back Clinton, who would have only helped Russia’s energy industry as the Democratic candidate opposed American oil and gas drilling.

Russia much rather have Hillary than Donald Trump. I can tell you that right now."

— Donald Trump
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(mine)

On it's face, this is the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard Trump make yet, and that's saying a lot. Putin hated Hillary Clinton because she was criticized Putin's rigged elections. When mass protests against Russian President Vladimir Putin erupted in Moscow in December 2011, Putin made clear who he thought was really behind them: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

With the protesters accusing Putin of having rigged recent elections, the Russian leader pointed an angry finger at Clinton, who had issued a statement sharply critical of the voting results. “She said they were dishonest and unfair,” Putin fumed in public remarks, saying that Clinton gave “a signal” to demonstrators working “with the support of the U.S. State Department” to undermine his power. “We need to safeguard ourselves from this interference in our internal affairs,” Putin declared.

That's not what Putin says. I thought Trump trusted what Putin has to say.

That's not what Putin says. I thought Trump trusted what Putin has to say.

Putin said it himself at Helsinki that he wanted Trump to win. Trump is pulling this crap out of his big fat ass.

If we didn't start threads about Trump's lies, would we start very many threads about Trump?

Trump lies. About everything. It's not news anymore.

— Donald Trump

(mine)

th

Another way to look at it is that Hillary and Putin do have a symbiotic relationship history together.
She helped them make money and they sent a bunch her way.

What is that photo supposed to prove? Is it supposed to prove that our Secretary of State met with the Russian Ambassador Sergei Lavrov in 2009? Are you attempting to imply that was 'improper' in any way? If so, your attempt is a great big fail.

'Reset Button' After Meeting Russian Foreign Minister, Clinton Hails Fresh Start

In an attempt to break the ice with Lavrov, Clinton handed him a makeshift "reset" button wrapped in a ribbon at the start of their meeting. Laughing, she told the foreign minister that "we want to reset our relationship" and "we will do it together."

Lavrov promised to keep the button on his desk, but pointed out that the Russian word written on it, "peregruzka," meant "overload" -- not "reset."

At the news conference after the talks, Clinton made light of the error, but added that it was nonetheless appropriate.

"We are resetting [our relationship] and, because we are resetting, the minister and I have an overload of work," Clinton said. "This is one of those instances where our commitment to pursue this reset relationship means that we have a very broad agenda."

Another way to look at it is that Hillary and Putin do have a symbiotic relationship history together.
She helped them make money and they sent a bunch her way.

That's absolutely ridiculous. In 2008 she was the United States Secretary of State for God's sake, it was her duty to visit heads of state from all countries.

trump is a yuge BOIL on America’s Ass.

Blatant Outrageous Irrational Liar

— Donald Trump

(mine)

Well, she WAS the one that pressed the reset button with them?

resetbutton.jpg Right?

That's absolutely ridiculous. In 2008 she was the United States Secretary of State for God's sake, it was her duty to visit heads of state from all countries.

I'm not talking about that reset button event which nonchalant treatment of yours was hilarious in it's selective dismissal.
I'm talking about money, baby.

Greetings, bubbabgone. :2wave:

Isn't this when Hillary was mistakenly giving Putin the wrong reset button to push? Embarrassing......:doh:

Yeah that button that Lavrov was giving the finger to apparently meant "overcharge" in Russian.
Which, thinking about it and her relationship with Russia, may have been more of a heads-up than a mistake.

Well, she WAS the one that pressed the reset button with them?

View attachment 67253596 Right?

You're missing something important. It was a "gesture" meaning 'reset' the negotiations. Didn't you even bother to read the damn article? Why don't you try doing that once in a while, you may just find yourself to be more informed. What the hell did you think they were laughing and talking about? Geeze!

I'm not talking about that reset button event which nonchalant treatment of yours was hilarious in it's selective dismissal.
I'm talking about money, baby.

What about 'money' baby? Do tell.

She was the SECRETARY OF STATE IN 2009 doing her JOB!!

You're missing something important. It was a "gesture" meaning 'reset' the negotiations. Didn't you even bother to read the damn article? Why don't you try doing that once in a while, you may just find yourself to be more informed. What the hell did you think they were laughing and talking about? Geeze!
Seriously? More panty wadding because I might have cast a little shady on Her Royal Highness? Wow. You need industrial strength panty unwadders.

Seriously? More panty wadding because I might have cast a little shady on Her Royal Highness? Wow. You need industrial strength panty unwadders.

LMAO! You're such a typical Trumper, motivated and mobilized by hatred, discord and anti-sentiment. You need to get a grip on your hatred, it's destroying you from the inside out just as Trump is destroying this country.

LMAO! You're such a typical Trumper, motivated and mobilized by hatred, discord and anti-sentiment. You need to get a grip on your hatred, it's destroying you from the inside out just as Trump is destroying this country.
LOL, this just gets better and better. You've become totally unhinged; slinging nonsense and invective and bs.
You've expressed more HATE in this discussion that I've ever felt. The only discord I support is disagreement with the mindless nonsense Democrats spew forth as "public policy".

LOL, this just gets better and better. You've become totally unhinged; slinging nonsense and invective and bs.
You've expressed more HATE in this discussion that I've ever felt. The only discord I support is disagreement with the mindless nonsense Democrats spew forth as "public policy".

blah-by-rainy-bleu-dad3wwa.gif

— Donald Trump

(mine)

"No puppet, no puppet! You're the puppet!"

Putin said it himself at Helsinki that he wanted Trump to win. Trump is pulling this crap out of his big fat ass.

The man couldn't tell the truth if he needed to save his career. He just is a pathological lair with no real honest bone.

Back
Top Bottom