• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he will set interest rates himself if elected

Jack2aTee

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Yes, you heard it right. Under a secret presidential plan Trump plans to throw chairman Powell out on his ears and appoint himself Fed chair. How the economy will react to a self-serving president setting interest rates to benefit himself and his buddies while the rest of the country be damned remains to be seen, but I can't think it would have a good effect on anyone's pocketbook except Trump and his wealthy cronies.

I reiterate Americans have to be the stupidest people in the world to even give this asshole a forum much less elect him President.

Yes, you heard it right. Under a secret presidential plan Trump plans to throw chairman Powell out on his ears and appoint himself Fed chair. How the economy will react to a self-serving president setting interest rates to benefit himself and his buddies while the rest of the country be damned remains to be seen, but I can't think it would have a good effect on anyone's pocketbook except Trump and his wealthy cronies.

I reiterate Americans have to be the stupidest people in the world to even give this asshole a forum much less elect him President.

Trump has no such plans.

You really do need to stop reading fake news media. It rots your brain.

Trump has no such plans.

You obviously have a secret pipeline to Trump and know everything he plan to do and not do. He might appoint you chief of staff for the Presidential Dog Kennel for your unwavering loyalty.

Trump has no such plans.

how do you know Trump has no such plan?
Provide a source.

“According to reports”?

Any links to these ‘reports’?

HEY!

"Only" 40% of us. And they want to kill the rest of us.

You obviously have a secret pipeline to Trump and know everything he plan to do and not do. He might appoint you chief of staff for the Presidential Dog Kennel for your unwavering loyalty.
No. I don't have that. And neither does the fake news media.

Tell you what...give me a quote of Trump saying he wants to take over the Fed. I don't think you can.

how do you know Trump has no such plan?
Provide a source.
How do you know he does? Because some fake news media told you so?

LOL!!

Anyway, his campaign has said he doesn't.

Last edited:
No. I don't have that. And neither does the fake news media.

Tell you what...give me a quote of Trump saying he wants to take over the Fed. I don't think you can.
I have asked for that as well.

I heard ‘reports’ today Biden is sharp as a tack instead of a bowling ball.

How do you know he does? Because some fake news media told you so?

LOL!!

Anyway, his campaign has said he doesn't.

Just wanted to see if you had a source to say Trump has no such plan. If you will not I did not post that I believe the OP.

You could have provided a link to where the campaign says he doesn't.

I will file it under your provided sources for the stolen election in other threads. The file is still empty. 😆

Trump has also said the Constitution should be "terminated".
No he didn’t.

He said articles could be terminated as the founders established

You haven’t provided a source that it is in his plan. 🤷‍♂️
Never said I believed the OP, so no need to provide a source.

Besides why should I. You seem to avoid proving a source when I ask you for one in other threads. Like your source that proves the 2020 election was stolen. :giggle:

No he didn’t.

He said articles could be terminated as the founders established
Wrong. The Founders didn't "establish" a right to "terminate" pesky Articles of the Constitution.

Trump rebuked for call to ‘terminate’ Constitution over 2020 election results

Dec 4, 2022 1:16 PM EDT

Former President Donald Trump faced rebuke Sunday from officials in both parties after calling for the “termination” of parts of the Constitution over his lie that the 2020 election was stolen.

Trump, who announced last month that he is running again for president, made the claim over the weekend on his Truth Social media platform.

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”...

Wrong. The Founders didn't "establish" a right to "terminate" pesky Articles of the Constitution.

Trump rebuked for call to ‘terminate’ Constitution over 2020 election results

Dec 4, 2022 1:16 PM EDT

Former President Donald Trump faced rebuke Sunday from officials in both parties after calling for the “termination” of parts of the Constitution over his lie that the 2020 election was stolen.

Trump, who announced last month that he is running again for president, made the claim over the weekend on his Truth Social media platform.

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”...
Moreover:

...Asked about Trump’s comments Sunday, Rep. Mike Turner of Ohio, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said he “vehemently” disagrees and “absolutely” condemns the remarks, saying they should be a factor as Republicans decide who should lead their party in 2024.,,,

Back
Top Bottom